IDEA - make a thread for each tournament to come... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 06:35 AM   #1
country flag stevos
Open the Light

stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute
IDEA - make a thread for each tournament to come...

where all the matches recorded from that tournament can be posted, and can be found easily. Then, like next year, we could find them archived and people wouldn't have to ask for someone to find a match, or re-upload one that is already in there somewhere. I think if every tournament had a thread it could be extremely organized and efficient, and a lot easier to navigate.

Thoughts?
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #2
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IDEA - make a thread for each tournament to come...

I'm sure this isn't an original idea at all, and I'm also sure there's got to be a reason why that hasn't happened.

I personally think there should be a video thread in each of the tournament threads and people can link/upload away there.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #3
country flag stevos
Open the Light

stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigDvorak View Post
I'm sure this isn't an original idea at all, and I'm also sure there's got to be a reason why that hasn't happened.

I personally think there should be a video thread in each of the tournament threads and people can link/upload away there.
That could work too, but they move a lot and stuff, I'm not sure if that would work. And how are you sure that isn't an original idea? Who cares, its an idea and I think it would make things a lot easier.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #4
country flag MCM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of

I am in the process of making a master spreadsheet set up in this exact format. If I cannot figure out an easy way to post this on here, I may use either a blog or a website to serve as an archive. As I progress along with it, I'll let you know of updates. Don't be fooled; this has already been a much larger task than I had previously anticipated (however, we do need such a thing)!
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 02:53 AM   #5
country flag stevos
Open the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
I am in the process of making a master spreadsheet set up in this exact format. If I cannot figure out an easy way to post this on here, I may use either a blog or a website to serve as an archive. As I progress along with it, I'll let you know of updates. Don't be fooled; this has already been a much larger task than I had previously anticipated (however, we do need such a thing)!
Wow, you rock! Thank you so much for doing that, I can assure you a lot of people will be really happy for it!

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #6
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

I only said it wasn't original because it's a pretty logical idea, yet we still have a fairly haphazard video vault. Like MCM said, it's kind of complicated to do, so I figured that's why nothing had happened yet. But yes, hpoefully that'll pull through.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #7
country flag lienie18

lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future lienie18 has a brilliant future

I agree that there is more order needed in the video vault. If you search for a match its almost impossible to find it. Maybe we can post threads for each year (f.e. 2005 Matches, 2004 Matches) where we post all the links to matches there. For the new year we can make different threads per tournament (f.e. Sydney 2007 Matches, Australian Open 2007 Matches).

*US Open 2005*YEC 2003*YEC 2002*WTA No. 1 in singles & doubles*
Now the best mom in the world
lienie18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote