Back in Europe: Paris Indoors - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #1
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Back in Europe: Paris Indoors

For the first time since aaaaaaages Daniela is playing the Open GDF Suez.
I really never understood why she decided to skip this tournament for so many years, since she really loves the city. But at least she took two titles in Pattaya, so it was for a good cause.

The draw wasn't too kind and she faces Erakovic in R1, to whom she lost in Charleston last year , and, if she gets through, there will be Maria waiting for her in the 2nd round. It's been a while since these two have last played, so it would definitely be a good opportunity for Daniela to try her best against the #1 seed in Paris.

And she's teaming up with Petra in doubles. I really like the team.
They received a WC and they face Garcia and Cornet in the 1st round, who also received a WC. If they win, they might face Errani and Vinci in R2, again the #1 seeds.

Tough luck in both draws. I'm really looking forward to seeing her against Maria again. But firstly I really hope she beats Erakovic. Good luck, Daniela!

Singles:

[1] Sharapova (RUS) vs. BYE
Hantuchova (SVK) vs. Erakovic (NZL)
Meusburger (AUT) vs. Qualifier
Barthel (GER) vs. [8] Flipkens (BEL)

Doubles:

[1] Errani / Vinci vs. Hrdinova / Klemenschits
[WC] Hantuchova / Kvitova vs. [WC] Cornet / Garcia
[4] Babos / Mladenovic vs. Barthel / Moulton-Levy
Voracova / Zahlavova-Strycova vs. Husarova / Rosolska
Hantuchov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #2
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Back in Europe: Paris Indoors

Erakovic is a hard draw for R1 indoor match but the whole draw is tough (excluding Yvonne and Garcia). Daniela lost to her in indoors in Quebec.

I would really like to see Hantuchova-Sharapova match on an indoor court! I really hope she overcomes Marina so we can see their clash!
Nice decision to play doubles. It will be just for fun with Petra.

^ She didn't play Paris because most of the times she couldn't because of ranking, like last year in Stuttgart -> Fes!
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #3
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't think she didn't play because of rankings. She has always been around the Top 30, which is more than enough for a direct entry in Paris. She dropped really low last year (around the Top 80 ) after the Pattaya points dropped off.

She starts her campaign tomorrow. She and Marina play the 1st match on Center Court and the she's also scheduled to play the 4th match on Court 1 with Petra.

Let's get both wins, Dani !!! Good luck !!!
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #4
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

R1: Daniela Hantuchova def. Marina Erakovic 6-3 3-0 ret.

Next round a clash against Maria Sharapova. Put on a good fight, Dani !!!
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #5
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantuchov View Post
R1: Daniela Hantuchova def. Marina Erakovic 6-3 3-0 ret.

Next round a clash against Maria Sharapova. Put on a good fight, Dani !!!

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #6
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future

Well, the match is on youtube. She certainly is hitting the ball well! Hopefully it's a good sign for the Maria match
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #7
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Going on court tomorrow to see the "clash" with Masha
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #8
country flag monmonito

monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all
They lost in doubles..but what important is she won the singles..and she need to work harder and MaSha...i think this is the time to overpower her..please!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

{Dominika Cibulkova}{Kim Clijsters}{Petra Kvitova}
{Magdalena Rybarikova}{Maria Sharapova}
monmonito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #9
country flag Nessa20

Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of

lost 0-6, 1-6....don't even want to comment on that match. Any one know her next tournament?

Last edited by Nessa20 : Jan 29th, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
Nessa20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #10
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

LOL
Oh well... It's still Wednesday and the tournament is already over for her.
I really expected some fight from her. I didn't watch the match, but from what I read it was a closer 2nd set than the scoreline suggests. In the 1st she was hopeless.

Let's wait for a better performance in Doha and Dubai, where she defends some points.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #11
country flag Nessa20

Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of Nessa20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantuchov View Post
LOL
Oh well... It's still Wednesday and the tournament is already over for her.
I really expected some fight from her. I didn't watch the match, but from what I read it was a closer 2nd set than the scoreline suggests. In the 1st she was hopeless.

Let's wait for a better performance in Doha and Dubai, where she defends some points.
She did fight in the 2nd set to be fair but her serve and movement is exposed way too much in matches against the top players and her inability to convert break points don't help either . Hopefully though this is a wake up call for Dani- I don't know how limited she is because of her shoulder injury but she has to improve her 1st and 2nd serves (amongst other things). I don't think she won a point on her second serve today.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #12
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #13
Richie's

Actually it wasn't a clash at all
Daniela is soooo slow that is almost hard to believe that a tennis player can be that slow. She may set a new WR for being "clueless" on court.

I am a bitter on her because I was expecting something more. 0 & 1 against Sharapova Indoors? C'mon Danka... Where have you left the original Hantuchova spirit??

I remember her losing like this to Dementieva in 2003 in Amelia Island. It was also tragic. At least, she didn't get double bageled like Sharapova
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #14
country flag matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post

Actually it wasn't a clash at all
Daniela is soooo slow that is almost hard to believe that a tennis player can be that slow. She may set a new WR for being "clueless" on court.

I am a bitter on her because I was expecting something more. 0 & 1 against Sharapova Indoors? C'mon Danka... Where have you left the original Hantuchova spirit??

I remember her losing like this to Dementieva in 2003 in Amelia Island. It was also tragic. At least, she didn't get double bageled like Sharapova
I think she actually goes on court thinking that she can't win-which while realistic, is a crappy attitude to take.

Old Jan 30th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #15
country flag G&R

G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute G&R has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I agree with Matty, she seemes already defeated before the first point. As for th match, the second set was way closer than the score may suggest and Dani played some very good points (15 w and 8 Ues in the set I think) she wasn't able to take her chances though and Maria played a brillant match so kudos to her.
Posted by GoDominique
Yes, she suffers from a head injury (brain death).
G&R is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote