irish tennis - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #121
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

weird, i wonder was it played at all
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #122
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

On this page there is pics of the winners and the final results

http://svenskidrott.se/Organisation....9&CatId=170437

Not one mention of the girls U14 doubles
Just have to wait til the new rankings come out and see.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 02:05 AM   #123
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

According to the Tennis Europe rankings, Sinead didn't win. It doesn't really matter though as winning would only have been worth 15 points and Sinead already has 15-point results that aren't being counted towards her total because she's done so well elsewhere Even without winning the singles she has moved up to 36, with the top 30 just 20 points away.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #124
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

how would she 15 points and she should have got 30, the rankings system are complicated
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 03:43 PM   #125
country flag orka_irl

orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all

The rankings count the best five singles results and the best two doubles results. In doubles, a win would have given Sinead 15 points - BUT she already had 2 wins worth 15 points each so a Gothenburg win wouldn't have changed her best two doubles results. But in singles, Sinead's 5th best result before last week was worth 15 points - so when she won 30 points for reaching the semis last week, that singles 15-pointer isn't counted anymore because she has a new 30-pointer to count.

In points, her best 5 singles results before Gothenburg gave her 60 + 30 + 20 + 20 + 15 = 145 points. Plus 15 + 15 for doubles = total of 175 points.

After Gothenburg where she won 30 points, the old 15 points singles result can be discarded and her points are now 60 + 30 + 30 + 20 + 20 = 160 points. Plus 15 + 15 for doubles = total of 190 points.
orka_irl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #126
country flag polly

i dont really agree with the rankings system, they should get the full amount
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #127
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

You mean every tournament they play should count towards their total? That would end up rewarding those players whose parents/clubs have the most money to send them to tournaments every other week, and a player who goes to 10 tournaments and never goes beyond the quarter finals could end up ranked higher than someone who was only sent to three and won them all.

Last edited by Tipp : Dec 11th, 2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #128
country flag polly

i suppose ur right
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM   #129

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Draws are up for the National Indoors

Womens Draw
Good to see Sinead Lohan in there. Would have liked to see Dillon play as well though

Rest of the draws at
http://ti.tournamentsoftware.com/spo....aspx?id=26188

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM   #130

Just noticed Kukhalashvili is playing the mens tournament. He is a 17 year old Georgian ranked around 910 in the ATP rankings and was ranked as high as 36 in Juniors. Why would he be playing here?

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM   #131
country flag Tipp

That is strange. Another player awaiting citizenship, maybe? But he is mentioned on the Tennis Ireland site and they simply refer to him as "the young Georgian" with no mention of any possible Irish background.
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #132
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Kukhalashvili ? I have met him, he is 100% Georgian. What exactly is this tournament?>
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi. View Post
Kukhalashvili ? I have met him, he is 100% Georgian. What exactly is this tournament?>
Hi Gigi was thinking of asking you about him
It's the Irish National tournament, it's very strange that he has chosen to play here. Does he live in Ireland?

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #134
country flag polly

The georgian guy's mother has being living in ireland for the last few years. Lazare is also a member of the national squad in dublin, apparently its too dangerous to live georgia. what other player besides Mariyana Levova is awaiting for Irish citizenship?
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
The georgian guy's mother has being living in ireland for the last few years. Lazare is also a member of the national squad in dublin, apparently its too dangerous to live georgia. what other player besides Mariyana Levova is awaiting for Irish citizenship?
Thanks for the info Polly
So is Lazare awaiting citizenship if he is on the national squad?

Come back soon Tati