irish tennis - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #1081
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Yeah, I mean, Novak will almost certainly be the night match on Arthur Ashe on whichever day he plays. For Conor to get that experience will be such a massive moment in his career, even though I'm sure he'd like the extra ranking points and several thousand dollars from winning a match here.

Louk on the other hand got a total raw deal. Robin is too good to see him beating but also not popular enough in the USA to be a marquee match like Novak will be.

I'd be a bit happier with this if Conor had beaten Mannarino at Wimbledon, but as it stands, I'm really hoping that after finally making the main draw of majors he'll win a match in one at some point.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #1082
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Mm, if Novak is still hurting too, it mightnt be a total blowout, ie. Conor might win more than 2 games a set Conor has broken his slam duck in qualifying, its only a matter of time before he gets a win anyway.

True about Sod I guess, especially looking at the amount of very weak players who got other qualifers. But Im gonna hold out a small bit of hope for Louk... Im being delusional and as a Sod fan I guess I dont want to get too far ahead of myself but if his injury is as bad as I think it is... Louk is the type of player that Sod hates. Grinder, does everything sufficently, gets the shots back. Saying that, Louk will have faced nothing like the power Robin has before.
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #1083
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Conor vs. Novak is last of the day session on Arthur Ashe. Would have liked him to get a night spot just for the spectacle of it but at least now I don't have to stay awake til stupid o clock to watch him.
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #1084
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Good, cant wait to watch it! Seems like Soderling has requested a Wednesday start. His wrist must still be troubling him.
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #1085
country flag Tipp

Caroline finishes up, starting any minute now! So excited for this!
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #1086
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

What a great moment for Conor. He seems nervous, hope he doesn't get white washed

Paszek, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #1087
country flag Tipp

BBC liveblog saying Conor has food poisoning and threw up coming onto the court Of all the luck.
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #1088
country flag Tipp

That is so cruel...food poisoning the night before the biggest match of your career. Poor Conor
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #1089
country flag Ferg

So disappointing and unlucky for him He could have made a better challege if he wasnt so sick. Andy Murray tweeted about how sick he was too. But he'll bounce back, people doubted him after Melbourne 10 qualies, he qualifed in WImbledon and despite the choke and the naysaysers saying he missed his chance, he qualified right again at the second opportunity. He'll be back again next year.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM   #1090
country flag flynn25

flynn25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Soderling has withdrawn and Louk now plays Dutra Da Silva
flynn25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM   #1091
country flag Tipp

And he got bagelled in the first set

Seems to be finding some form now though, all games on serve in the second set so far.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 04:14 PM   #1092
country flag Tipp

Except the last one! Louk breaks with his first BP of the match
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM   #1093
country flag Tipp

Louk was crusing and looked the much better player throughout the third set when he picked up an injury at 4-4 and fell away, retiring at the start of the 4th. I'm guessing that's the end of his un-retirement.

How fucking unlucky can you be, both Conor and Louk having to retire in their second major MD appearances. At least Conor never had much hope of beating Djokovic, but Louk must be feeling pretty gutted with the way that match was going prior to his injury.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 06:06 PM   #1094
country flag Ferg

uuuuggghhhh.
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM   #1095
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

conor niland was on the late late show last night, he did very well. if you missed him, go to the www.rte.ie and find rte player
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote