irish tennis - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM   #1006
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

just wondering does rachael dillon plan on playing on the pro tour once she finishes college, this is her last season, she is playing in the ncaa doubles next week in stanford
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #1007
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

well done to amy bowtell for winning her first itf doubles title yesterday in portugal
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #1008
country flag polly

TENNIS: IRELAND'S Amy Bowtell made a massive breakthrough in her fledgling career on the adult pro circuit when she captured her first title on the ITF Women's Circuit on Saturday.

Bowtell, who is only 17, and Britain's Yasmin Clarke came up trumps in the doubles final in Amarante, Portugal, defeating the No 4 seeds, Austria's Katherina Negrin and Frances' Constance Sibille, on an emphatic 6-2 6-3 margin.

The Greystones right-hander and Clarke, who were unseeded, had never doubled up before, but showed excellent understanding throughout.

In addition, unseeded Bowtell reached the quarter-finals of the singles competition, bowing out the No 2 seed and eventual champion, Portugal's Magali De Lattre.

Bowtell continues her chase for additional world ranking points in this week's corresponding tournament near Lisbon.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #1009
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Great for Amy, she put up a good fight against the eventual champion in singles aswell. Playing another 10k this week, got a qualifier in the first round but then the top seed

And Conor won his first round match at Wimbledon qualies today against Ouanna, 8-6 in the third :shocked: Think that's the first time he's ever got past first round at Wimbledon Q. He's had some close losses against higher ranked players in his warm up grass events so I'm glad this worked out for him.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #1010
country flag polly

great comeback for conor, apparently he saved 5 matchpoints and was 5/2 down in the final set
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #1011
country flag polly

iland through to third qualifying round
Tuesday, 14 June 2011 19:53

Ireland's Conor Niland is through to the third round of the Wimbledon qualifying tournament at Roehampton in London.

Niland had to come from a set down to beat Australia's Greg Jones, after losing the opener 6-4.

The Irish number one claimed the second set on a tie-break before taking control in the final decisive set for a 4-6 7-5 6-2 victory.

Niland will now face Nikola Mektic in Wednesday's third round after the Croatian overcame Russia's Andrey Kuznetsov 6-1 7-6(5) in his second round match.

Elsehwhere, Irish-based Vitalia Diatchenko, coached by Irish Davis Cup Captain Garry Cahill, came through her first round of Qualifying on a 6-1, 6-4 scoreline against Julia Glushko of Israel.

Diatchenko completed her preparation for Wimbledon at DCU, Elm Park and Glasnevin LTC. She next faces Maria Elena Camerin the 7th seed.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #1012
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Diatchenko is based in Ireland!?

Conor Good chance to qualify, dont screw this up!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1013
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Way to go, Conor! No idea what to expect from Metkic. His results coming into this certainly didn't give the impression he'd be qualifying, but then neither did Conor's.

Also, Diatchenko in Ireland, how random is that? That's a real boost though, it's great to have her there for the other girls to practice with. Don't suppose she'd fancy an aul' IRL after her name?
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #1014
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed Conor can qualify.

Random that Diatchenko is based in Ireland, we should totally do a Kazakhstan and buy her I'm sure we could make her a good offer
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #1015
country flag polly

Dublin-based Diatchenko into final Wimbledon qualifier
2 hours ago 103 Views No Comments
Share Tweet1
Vitalia Diatchenko: on the brink of SW19 spot.
Vitalia Diatchenko: on the brink of SW19 spot.
Image: BERNAT ARMANGUE/AP/Press Association Images

VITALIA DIATCHENKO JOINED Conor Niland in the final qualifying round of Wimbledon after winning her second round match earlier.

The 20-year-old Russian, who lives in Dublin and is coached by Irish Davis Cup captain Garry Cahill, came through a tough 6-3, 6-3 clash against the seventh seed Maria Elena Camerin of Italy.

Recovering from 0-2 in the 2nd set, Diatchenko won four straight games before serving out the match in Roehampton.

The Moscow native , who is ranked 159th in the world and trains at Tennis Ireland BNP-Paribas Academy in DCU, will now face 23rd seed Stephanie Dubois of Canada for a place in the main draw.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #1016
country flag Tipp

Bah - 6PM, match on court before Conor still has to do a third set and it has started raining in Roehampton again. Definitely not starting til tomorrow now.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #1017
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Damn. Must be frustating... He'll have no tiredness excuse after his 2 long matches at least.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #1018
country flag Tipp

I would rather this to starting tonight and restarting in the morning though, as a long best of five probably suits Conor better in both fitness and experience, as he has played 5-setters in Davis Cup before.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #1019
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

These rain delays are very annoying
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #1020
country flag hibernoint

hibernoint is an unknown quantity at this point

Great if the pair of them made the main draw, I wonder if RTE would cover their matches. Diatchenko is in the doubles main draw anyway.

Any word on Amy and Julia yesterday? Were they both playing?

http://www.thescore.ie/dublin-based-...56681-Jun2011/
hibernoint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote