irish tennis - Page 67 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 7th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #991
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Both the 3rd and 4th rounds were played today and Amy won both What's more, she drew a WC in the first round of the MD and should be the favourite to win. The only hiccup is that she's played a lot of matches over the last three weeks (coming through qualies in three consecutive tournaments, reaching the QF in her last two and having to play two matches today, one of which went to three sets) and will probably be more tired than usual.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #992
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Both the 3rd and 4th rounds were played today and Amy won both What's more, she drew a WC in the first round of the MD and should be the favourite to win. The only hiccup is that she's played a lot of matches over the last three weeks (coming through qualies in three consecutive tournaments, reaching the QF in her last two and having to play two matches today, one of which went to three sets) and will probably be more tired than usual.
Great news, well done to Her.

Hope she has enough in the tank to take out the WC and go further
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #993
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Great day and a great draw! She won her last 2 sets 6-2 6-1 after losing the first on a TB, very strong mentally.
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #994
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Well done Amy and also best of luck to Julia in the doubles
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #995
country flag theironsloth

theironsloth is an unknown quantity at this point

when are the lower grade satellites included in the rankings?

I see Amy is still listed as having 13. Should have 17 after run in Coimbra I think

Or am I missing something...

Julia is still Australian on the WTA site too
theironsloth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #996
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Next week, probably. The lower tournaments are sometimes slow about it and don't always submit the final results by the Sunday deadline.
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #997
country flag theironsloth

theironsloth is an unknown quantity at this point

thought so, thanks.

I do a round-up of the Irish players every week on my blog if anyone is interested.

It's predominantly a men's tennis blog but I include the ladies in the Irish section.

week 5: http://shanktennis.com/2011/02/08/sh...reland-week-5/
theironsloth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #998
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

$25k & $10k are added to the rankings one week later. Very impressed with Amy these past few months.

It's a pity John is going to America straight away, i thought he would have tried pro's out for a year to see how it goes, but it didn't do Conor any harm i suppose.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #999
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, saw her ranking fell this week and was wondering why, that explains it. Seems she got a day of rest today, badly needed.
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #1000
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

DAVIS CUP boss Garry Cahill has provided his team with a massive boost ahead of next month's Dublin showdown with Luxembourg.

As part of the preparation for his inaugural tie in the Ireland hot seat, Cahill has set up a practice contest against a crack Swedish selection on the Sunday prior to the Europe-Africa Zone Group Two encounter arranged for David Lloyd Riverview on March 4-6.

The February 27 fixture against the visiting outfit will replicate the schedule for the first and second days of a Davis Cup tie with two singles and one doubles being crammed into the afternoon programme.

It will take place on the same medium-to-slow paced court at the Clonskeagh venue where Cahill's line-up of Conor Niland, James McGee, Colin O'Brien and James Cluskey will square up to the Gilles Muller-anchored Grand Duchy. Admission will be free.
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #1001
country flag Ferg

She lost but Im sure she really needs a rest after 16 matches in 20 odd days!
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #1002
country flag jake101

jake101 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a great last few weeks for Amy! I see she has joined twitter, i wonder will she post her results there like some of the other irish players! http://twitter.com/amybowtell
jake101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 09:20 AM   #1003
country flag Tipp

Disappointment in the Davis Cup tie at the weekend...another chance for a tie with GB goes astray

Good news though, as I just realised Louk Sorensen has returned to playing He played a Challenger this week and last losing in the first round to guys ranked around 160 and 120, which isn't bad (took a set off the 160 guy too). He also won three matches in qualies in his first tournament back, so hopefully he should be up and running again soon.
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #1004
country flag Tipp

Louk Sorensen retires from tennis at 26 due to injury
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #1005
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Louk Sorensen retires from tennis at 26 due to injury
Poor Louk

Such a shame but at least he had that great AO run!!

Enjoy your post tennis life!

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote