irish tennis - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2010, 08:27 AM   #916
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Tennis: Ireland's Amy Bowtell has surpassed all expectations by qualifying for the final of the ITF Women's Circuit event in Chiswick, west London.

Playing in only her second adult world-ranking event this year, the 16-year-old from Greystones yesterday ripped up the form book once again by dumping out the No 3 seed, Britain's 508-ranked Jocelyn Rae.

Bowtell underlined her character, composure and resolve by recovering from losing the first set to send Rae packing on a 4-6 6-3 7-5 scoreline.

In today's final, Bowtell takes on Britain's Tara Moore, who recently reached the quarter-finals of Junior Wimbledon..
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2010, 01:26 PM   #917
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

She lost 6-3, 6-4

Amazing run here

Would have loved if she won the final but was a great achievement beating Rae and Holland who are both players with a lot more experience than her.

Sure her junior career wasn't up to much but tbh who gives a shit about juniors hopefully she can do well at seniors now.

Although I wonder if she will opt for the American College thing, I can see how its tempting but Ivanovic and Zvonareva did their degrees part time so maybe she could do the same, that way she could play ITFs.

Anyway I am getting ahead of myself

But can we send Moriarty back to Australia Thanks, her results for a 21 year old are nothing to write home about .

Léigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúdpháipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a gahbann le cuid A
KournikovaFan91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM   #918
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Ah, well, still a massive week for her. Wonder what her next tournament will be. There's no British/French $10k events coming up anytime soon.

She won't get a ranking until she gets points from two more tournaments, but the 8 points from this would be enough to put her around 950 if she did have one I wonder if having those points, even though she doesn't have a ranking, will make it any easier for her to gain entry to tournaments? Like, pushing her higher up the list of unranked players on the entry lists maybe.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM   #919
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so but does her Number 2 National Ranking move her up entry lists because she was the first unranked player on the Chiswick list behind World 1032 Cornish.

Léigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúdpháipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a gahbann le cuid A
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #920
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Racquets: Bowtell sights on spot in junior top 100

By Paddy Hickey

Thursday August 05 2010

RISING star Amy Bowtell has opted to play in a mix of senior and junior events up to the end of the year, despite her stunning run in last week's ITF Women's Circuit event in London.

Taking part in only her second adult world-ranking tournament this year, the 16-year-old from Greystones surpassed all expectations by battling her way to the hard-court final.

En route to the decider, Bowtell dumped out the No 2 and No 3 seeds, Australia's Isabella Holland and Britain's Jocelyn Rae, before eventually coming up short against No 8 seed, Tara Moore of Britain. In the process, the Irish player earned eight world-ranking points, which is set to see her enter the adult world ladder for the first time next Monday at approximately 945.

"As well as senior, I'm going to keep playing junior and try to get my ranking into the top 100 in order to get into the Grand Slams next year," explained Bowtell, who returns to U-18 competition in next week's Grade 4 event in Porto, Portugal.

"I'll be playing some ladies Futures events, so when I've finished playing junior (2011), I won't be starting from scratch. Up to the end of this year, I hope to play 10 to 14 weeks of tourna-ments, with 70-80pc of those juniors."

Bowtell, who has a world U-18 ranking of 230, is the second seed in next week's clay-court event in Portugal's second city behind Russia's 203-ranked Ekaterina Nikitina.

In the wake of her five-star sortie into the adult ranks, she accepts the pressure will be on her in a big way.

"There's always more pressure when you've had a few good results and are seeded," she said. "However, I'll just have to put that behind me and play every match as well as I can. Over the last few months I've worked a lot tactically and physically to play on clay. I enjoy playing on clay, because I'm more confident from the training we've done leading up to the clay season."

Recalling last week's events, Bowtell said: "I think it's fair to say I surprised myself and a lot of others with my results. I went to the tournament as the No 2 on the qualifying list, so it was fantastic to get to the final and to pick up eight ranking points. I was really pleased to realise that I can compete with some of the higher ranked ladies."

Particularly encouraging for the Wicklow native was the killer instinct that she displayed during the London event. "Up to last week, I had been struggling to finish off opponents when I had the chance," she explained.

"But at Chiswick, I really tried to work on that which I believe is why I made it to the final in my first main draw of a ladies Futures."

- Paddy Hickey

Irish Independent
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #921
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed she lot but she surpassed all expectations by a mile so good on her!
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #922
*Sesil*

She lost in three sets in some Junior G4 in Portugal in the Quarters

From an amazing week to a sucky one

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #923
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

John Morrissey beat the junior world number 5 to reach the QF of the Youth Olympic Games and now places the former junior AO champ Yuki Bhambri
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #924
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
John Morrissey beat the junior world number 5 to reach the QF of the Youth Olympic Games and now places the former junior AO champ Yuki Bhambri
Nice one thats impressive. Best of luck to him in qf
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #925
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Amy Bowtell will play 10,000k in Gliwice - 50 km from my hometown. Hope to see her.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #926
*Sesil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Really hope he can make Semis :cheer2:

Good win for him over the Peruvian.

Good to see Amy in more 10ks too.

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #927
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Conor is 6-0 4-3* up in the US Open qualifying, the scoreboard has stopped though...
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #928
country flag Tipp

He made it, 6-0 6-4
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #929
country flag Ferg

I hope he can qualify, I was pleasently surprised to see him seeded.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #930
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Conor

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote