irish tennis - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #826
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

No IRL vs. GBR thanks to shitty Evans Oh, well, there's lots of Lithuanians in Ireland, so that could tie could be fun too, I guess.

So, who here showed up up? I've moved to Dublin recently so I was able to make all three days, although I couldn't get off work in time for the first match on Friday. It was packed every day, even today for the dead rubbers, which was great to see. Hope this extra interest can be sustained for a while.

It was a fun way to spend the weekend, though, and great to finally see the Irish players in action after merely looking at their results on the internet for so long. Conor played a blinder, way above his ranking. McGee is impressive, just a little to eager to come to the net on some points. For Barry King, it was unfortunately easy to see why he's had so much success in doubles but not singles, the guy is just too slow. He couldn't chase down anything powerful from his opponent, but on the plus side he showed huge fortitude whenever he was down.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #827
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Couldnt be there thanks to school! But if they're playing the Lithuanian teenagers in Dublin Ill be there.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #828
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Didn't make it either as I had to head home at weekend, so wasn't in Dublin. Good win, just a pity the Brits couldn't win too and set up a big one in the summer.

Lithuania just won't be the same, will be very little talk in media here about that. While if GB was coming here, would have made Irish tennis high profile for at least 1 weekend.
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #829
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid GB not winning

Wouldn't it have been on TV if it was GB vs IRL.
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 10:31 PM   #830
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Moriarty is representing Ireland now??

According to ITF site
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 10:50 PM   #831
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing on the Tennis Ireland website. Great news if it was true!

John Morrissey won the doubles title at the Grade 1 in Malaysia this week, beating Sam Barry and his partner in the final

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:26 PM   #832
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I'm totally baffled by the Julia Moriarty thing too. She's from an Aboriginal family and her dad represented Australia in boxing or something. Very weird that it suddenly popped up saying she's Irish?!!
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:30 PM   #833

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Well Moriarty is an Irish name so she must have some Irish in her somewhere. Also puzzled how she got citizenship so quickly, wasn't Mariyana Levova waiting years to get hers?

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:45 AM   #834
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Tennis Ireland announces 2010 BNP Paribas Fed Cup team

Next month Ireland will send one of its youngest teams ever to compete at the BNP Paribas Fed Cup in Cairo, Egypt.

Team Ireland, consisting of Julia Moriarty, Amy Bowtell, Jenny Claffey and Lynsey McCullough, will compete in the Europe/Africa Zone Group III at the women's premier team competition, which runs from Monday 19 April until Saturday 24 April at the Smash Tennis Academy in Cairo.

Captained by Garry Cahill, the eldest player on the 2010 Fed Cup team is aged 21years, making it one of the youngest teams to compete in the tournament. Julia Moriarty, player number one for Ireland, is the oldest of the group at 21, but a newcomer to the BNP Paribas Fed Cup. Born in Adelaide, Australia, the young dual-citizen is currently ranked 695th in the world and has been deemed eligible by the ITF to represent Ireland in this competition.

Ireland's number two player is Amy Bowtell, the youngest member on the team at sixteen. Bowtell has been a highly successful member of the BNP Paribas National Tennis Academy Junior Squad since 2001, reaching the finals of the Ladies National Indoors event at Riverview at Christmas.

Partners at last years Fed Cup in Malta, Jenny Claffey and Lynsey McCullough make up the rest of the team.

The Fed Cup will consist of a round-robin style tournament, with two pools of five teams. Other nations making up the Europe/Africa Zone Group III are: Algeria, Angola, Egypt, Iceland, Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Namibia and Turkey. The winners of each pool will play against the number two teams in the other group to determine which two nations will advance to the Europe Africa Zone Group II in 2011. All of the remaining nations' play will determine the final positions within the group.
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #835
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Huh, that's...surprising. Best of luck to her anyway. Wonder why Dillon isn't the number 2 this year.
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #836

John Morrissey through to the QFs on a Grade 1 in the Phillippines.

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #837
country flag blocke

blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light blocke is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know if Emily Madill will be going with Fed Cup team as hitting partner as she did last year?

She is currently in Malta for U19 Cup and then plays in Nottingham for 2 weeks.

Good luck Emily!
blocke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #838
country flag Tipp

Sinead Lohan came though qualies in Malta and yesterday got through the first round 6-2 6-1 Unfortunately, it's a draw of 64 so she won't get points unless she wins another match, this time against the 5th seed.
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 09:26 PM   #839

1ok CHN
1st Round: Julia MORIARTY (IRL) (7) defeated Thuy-Dung NGUYEN (VIE) 6-1 6-4

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #840
country flag Tipp

Conor Niland is one match away from an ATP main draw again, after beating Paul Capdeville (#154) in the second round of qualifying at Houston Next up, Alex Bogomolov Jr.