irish tennis - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 03:04 AM   #796
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

AO Juniors draw released!

John drew Dominik Schulz in the first round, which is tough as he's the 12th seed, but John did beat him last year in their only previous meeting. Sam has unseeded Victor Baluda. Victor won their only previous match, although that was back in 2008.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 03:14 AM   #797
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Arrived home and John's match was just starting so decided to follow the scores...shouldn't have

Schulz def. Morrissey 6-1 6-1 Not like Schulz is a pushover or anything, but it should've been closer than that. John won his first service game handily then Schulz took off and won the next 11 games in a row. John finally woke up to win his last service game and avoid the bagel. Had plenty of close games, including 5 BPs. John had a whole string of bad losses in his warm-up tournaments so this isn't too surprising...
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #798
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

I saw John Morrissey on the TV this morning, he was in Justine Henin's players box. Hard luck to John, I was surprised by the score. And well done to Sam Barry, keep it up Sam!
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #799
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

John was in Juju's box?!?! Cool!
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #800
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

yeah, i couldnt believe my eyes, in actual fact i had to look twice to make sure it was John. John trains at Justine's academy in Belgium.

Louk Sorensen won the Irish Independent Sports Star of the week, well done Louk!!
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #801
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, good for him! Irregardless of how the rest of Louk's season goes surely hes an early frontrunner to get a nomination for Irish Sportsperson of the Year? If there was any justice he would be, broke 3 records in 2 weeks.
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #802
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Just wanted to congratulate Louk on his achievements at the AO the last 2 weeks!!

Let's hope that this is a sign of things to come for Irish tennis!

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #803
country flag Ferg

Not sure if anybody here posts in MTF but I got a PM from a user over there today with a link to Louks match for download!

http://rapidshare.com/files/33989052...nsen.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33949419...nsen.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33950255...nsen.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33951059...nsen.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33951081...nsen.part5.rar

Quote:
Hi,

I'm letting the core Irish Tennis fans that don't post in the Player Forums know that we received a gift yesterday. Our Scottish friend MsTree was able to get a copy of the Louk Sorensen/John Isner match capped and uploaded for free downloading so we could download and keep a copy of this historic match. Most people may not stumble upon the link to the match because the Irish Tennis thread is so obscure, so please let anyone else who is interested know about the availability of this match:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...6&postcount=61

It is up on Rapidshare and is in a compressed RAR format. This means you have to download all the files and decompress them together to get the entire match. Rapidshare is free, however it makes you wait for a minute before you can download one of the files. The direct links are below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/33989052...nsen.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33949419...nsen.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33950255...nsen.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33951059...nsen.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33951081...nsen.part5.rar

It appears likely we will also get a free copy of Louk's Australian Open first round win over Yen-Hsun Lu, probably available within a week, and match links will be posted in the Irish Tennis thread as before.

Sorry to send a PM, but didn't feel it was appropriate to bump the thread in GM and noticed that many Irish Tennis fans don't seem to be aware of the Player Forum thread. Please forward this news to anyone else that you think would like to get a copy of it.

Best wishes,

Tim
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #804
country flag polly

Louk got a wildcard to play in a $100,000 event in Germany this week, he is playing against Switzerland's Stephane Bohli. Best of luck Louk!
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #805
country flag Tipp

Louk plays tomorrow, can't wait to see the result - hope he keeps the momentum going from Melbourne

Amy lost in the first round of qualies for a $10k this week, 6-4 5-7 6-4. Unlucky, but it's great that she's playing more senior events. Hopefully she'll crack a win or two soon.
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #806
country flag Tipp

Is anyone else up following the scoreboard for Sam Barry's match? The first set was insane! Sam was down *1-5 and then suddenly fought back to bring it to 6-5*, saving multiple set points along the way. Then, Golding finally held serve again to force a tiebreak and went up 6-3* and AGAIN Sam fought back to 7-6, missed the set point, then Golding got another at 8-7 but Sam won the next three points to take it

Really nervy second set so far, lots of breaks, Sam is down at the moment, gotta go to bed soon but hopefully will wake up to good news
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #807
country flag polly

Hard luck sam in both singles and the doubles
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #808
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Awh well it's still been a fantastic trip down under for him!

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #809
country flag Tipp

Damn, Louk in the first round of that big Challenger He only needs one or two good results to break into the top 200 after Melbourne, so hopefully he gets them soon.

Davis Cup team was announced today, Colin O' Brien missed out on the 4th spot to Barry King. I think Colin is ranked higher than Barry but the 3rd and 4th players usually take the doubles match and Barry had a lot of good doubles results last year.
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM   #810
country flag polly

Wake up Louk, he lost again in the first round of a challenger tournament in Russia, but well done to Conor Niland who won his first round match, he is playing against the number 4 seed next