irish tennis - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #706
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
yeah i saw that as well, it wouldnt surprise me that Louk could be sponsored by Butlers chocolates.

I wonder does Conor Niland and Louk Sorensen have any sponsors???
Louk said on the interview wth Newstalk his parents help him out (and he gets extra money from playing local tournaments in Germany) but I don't think he's officially sponsored by anyone. Conor and the other Irish guys might receive some funding from BNP Paribas since they sponsor the academy in DCU.

That Butler's connection is interesting, though. Looked it up and they bought it in 1959, didn't know his family were that long in Ireland. Where did ye hear about it?
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #707
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

My dad actually used to play with Sean Sorenson in Cork before he got really good. Pretty sure its the same Sean Srenson at least.
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #708
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Louk said on the interview wth Newstalk his parents help him out (and he gets extra money from playing local tournaments in Germany) but I don't think he's officially sponsored by anyone. Conor and the other Irish guys might receive some funding from BNP Paribas since they sponsor the academy in DCU.

That Butler's connection is interesting, though. Looked it up and they bought it in 1959, didn't know his family were that long in Ireland. Where did ye hear about it?
i saw that on one of the messages of support on www.tennisireland.ie
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #709
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

and how would you get extra money for playing in local tournaments???
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #710
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

In countries like Germany, the prizemoney is always good for winning local tournaments.

Butlers chocolate? Never heard of them, they must just be down south.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #711
country flag polly

when you say local tournaments, are they futures/challengers or are they just ordinary club/national/interclub competitions?

the website for butlers chocolates www.butlerschocolates.com
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #712
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Nationals, I think.

I went to their profiles (hey, Conor finally got a profile picture!) on the ATP site to compare their AO prize money to their earnings last year...obviously, exchange rates vary over time but it looks like it took Conor til June last year to make as much as he has between Doha and the AO, and it took Louk til October to make as much as he as so far.
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #713

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Im so excited for Louk! Im off school tomorrow, but I supposed to be study for my Politics AS exam on Tues. I know I'll just be on the AO website checking scores in the early morning

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #714
country flag Tipp

Ah, fuck it. You can repeat that exam in a few months - we could be waiting another 25 years to see an Irish player in a Slam again!
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #715

True true!

Stupid rain At least he's first on tomorrow

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #716
country flag Tipp

Blech, so frustrating having to wait. In the meantime, Sam Barry is through to the semi-finals in the doubles of the Grade 1 in Australia. He and Ben MacLachlan beat the 5th seeds in round 2 and now the top seeds in the QF on a score of 6-3 4-6.....[20-18]
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #717
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Best of luck to Louk in half an hour. Be great to see him get thru!!

So weird to have an Irish person in a GS event, its a 1st for most of us!! Great to see, and poor Conor was so unlucky too.
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #718
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, great start for Louk! Serving at *2-1 already.
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #719
country flag muggins234

muggins234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, he's cruising. Lost just 1 point on serve..
muggins234 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #720
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

great start 4-2 up