irish tennis - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #661
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Hard Luck to Louk Sorensen, he was beaten by Stephane Robert of France 62 61
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #662
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins234 View Post
Hi Tennis Chick:
Got to see some of the action during the week! The gentleman Kinger deserved the singles title. He made hard work of his semis, letting Taylor back into the match when he was 4-1 up in the second, to lose it 6-4. But took the third after regaining composure. Taylor played well but his forehand wing let him down. He played some sublime pickups but the ITF futures man was too stong on the baseline!

It took Kinger and Taylor 3hrs to complete their singles semi so they were pretty wrecked for their doubles final. Barry and Ciaran were up for it, What an exhausting day for Kinger, he did well to keep his final short the next day.

Saw the girls doubles final, Jenny and Lynsey played well all tournament, both taking the top seeds to 3 sets in the semis. They had 3 set points in the first set tiebreak, but Lynsey netted a standard volley, and Amy showed maturity and drilled a backhand return to secure the set.

Much more low key than last year, and prize money reflected.. sign of the times. There was no seating provided like other years.

Heard Barry is going to Australia so maybe he didn't want to risk injury, playing the singles.

All the best.
Thanks for the report Muggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Well, he won, so...congratulations?

Welcome back, Tennis-Chick, I was wondering where you'd been! There's an interview with Garry Cahill mentioned a page or two ago here, it's linked on the Tennis Ireland site where he talks about the academy and says the reason Sam only played doubles is because the courts for the tournament are much faster than those in Australia so he'll do his singles practice on courts more similar to those he'll be playing the AO on.

Thanks for the reports from the tournament, muggins
Haha someone noticed I wasn't here, Im loved

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
I wished Niland had qualified, I love him

Im not a major Louk fan tbh but I suppose good luck to him.
Im the opposite!

Tough luck on Louk Hopefully he and Niland both have successful INJURY FREE seasons!

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #663
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Louk will get 12 points for qualifying and he will also get another 10 points for the last 32. so louk will go up to about 264 in th rankings
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #664
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

I think I prefer Niland, but that's mostly due to the Limerick connection as I've lived there for a few years. Same with Sam

Speaking of whom, Tennis Ireland posted a link to an RTE interview with him. It's very interesting, they talk a lot about managing school and a personal life around full time training.

John was the 3rd seed in a G1 in Costa Rica this week, but lost in the first round to a pretty low ranked guy. Not a great start to the year so far for him.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #665
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't one of his relatives play tennis also.

Which would suggest like all organisations in this country he is in the clique, and would get all opportunities going same as Badminton Ireland I would imagine.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #666
country flag polly

apparently conor niland got a mention on german eurosport, the commentator is supposed to have said that "there is actually tennis in ireland", its really a big pity that conor didnt win his match because his conqueror steve darcis from belgium went on to reach the quarter finals, i think darcis received in or around $30,000 for reaching the quarters, its a pity that wasnt our conor because i am sure conor needs a few extra bob. but i would say its only a matter of time before conor will make it.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #667
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh I hope Conor makes it, even just Top 100. Like we don't need much.

Strange we have too Top 100 badminton players but none in tennis
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #668
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Louk was on Off the Ball on Newstalk Wednesday evening. Spoke well, but said the pressure of playin in main draw got to him when he lost v that French guy. But has high hopes for year ahead & fancies chances of getting into either AO or French Open main draw!!

There is a podcast of all off the ball shows for anyone that missed it on newstalk.ie
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #669
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info, Stevecw It was a nice interview, although he seemed pretty nervous. I hope his career stays on the rise this year. I'd believe him about feeling under pressure against Robert, I followed the live scores here and there and there were plenty of games going to deuce on both men's serve, it could have been a lot closer.

I'm all excited for the AO now Between Sam, John, Conor and Louk I'm really hopeful there might be a breakthrough.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #670
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Thanks for the info, Stevecw It was a nice interview, although he seemed pretty nervous. I hope his career stays on the rise this year. I'd believe him about feeling under pressure against Robert, I followed the live scores here and there and there were plenty of games going to deuce on both men's serve, it could have been a lot closer.

I'm all excited for the AO now Between Sam, John, Conor and Louk I'm really hopeful there might be a breakthrough.
Yeah me too, I'd love to see a breakthrough...just to get into 1st round would be amazing.
Hope Louk or Conor can do it in the qualies for AO.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #671
country flag Tipp

AO Qualification draw!

Not bad. Both Conor and Louk have avoided seeds and drawn players they've recently beaten in the first round. Their potential second round opponents are also quite beatable. They play one after another on the same court tonight, but they probably won't be up til around 3am our time. I'd like to follow live scores, but I'm afraid I'm not that dedicated.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #672
country flag polly

Best of luck to both Conor Niland and Louk Sorensen in the next round. The only thing I would be worried about is the heat, the heat will be a major factor. apparently it was 43 degrees the other day in melbourne. keep our fingers crossed.

Also hard luck to Oisin McCormack and Stephen Martin, both of them lost in the first round of the boys singles and doubles this week in Austria.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #673
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to both of them!!

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #674
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Louks opponent went to 13-11 in the last of his match too, and in Melbourne heat that could be good for Louk. Jesse Witten for Conor, Witten hasnt done anything since his US Open run so Conor could win that too.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #675
country flag polly

yeah i definitely think that louk and conor's next opponents are beatable, so hopefully when i wake up in the morning there will be good news