irish tennis - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #601
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

25k Glasgow, Qualies

(6)Julia Mayr (ITA) v Amy Bowtell (IRL)
(14)Elizabeth Thomas (GBR) v (wc)Michelle Farley (GBR)

Tough draw for Amy, but it's great to see her playing these type of events. Sam Barry won his first qualie match here, but faces no.2 seed Neil Pauffley next.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #602
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

best of luck to amy bowtell this week in glasgow, it will be interesting to see how she does. i was disappointed with her semi final loss last week in denmark she lost to an unseeded lithuanian who actually won it out, i suppose its never too bad when you lose to an eventual winner. Amy will be playing in andorra next week and she is the number 2 seed.

at least things are coming together for Amy, last year she was a disaster, i have a feeling Amy might be a late developer, she beat jovana jaksic from serbia a few weeks ago in croatia and the following week jaksic won the girls under16's european masters!
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #603

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

(6)Julia Mayr (ITA) d. Amy Bowtell (IRL) 61 62

Yeah I was actually surprised she beat Jaksic, who is a great player, shows how much she has improved this year!

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #604
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Neil PAUFFLEY (GBR) (2) defeated Sam BARRY (IRL) 6-4 6-7(6) 6-3

Tough for Sam, but that's a good fight against an ATP ranked player.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #605
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Chick View Post
(6)Julia Mayr (ITA) d. Amy Bowtell (IRL) 61 62

Yeah I was actually surprised she beat Jaksic, who is a great player, shows how much she has improved this year!
i think her home schooling is beginning to pay off. i wonder how far can she go in her career?
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM   #606
country flag polly

i wonder is amy bowtell doing transition year or fifth year
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #607
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

TY would be handy, since missing school wouldn't make a difference but 5th year gets the whole school process over quicker.
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #608

Do you do your Leaving Cert in 5th year? What is Transition Year?

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #609
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

TY is a year where you do various non academic activities to make you a more all rounded person.

5th year is the beginning of the LC but the actual exam is at the end of 6th year.
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #610
country flag orka_irl

orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all

TY was brought in in the 1980s when there was high unemployment - it kept an entire year of schoolleavers out of the workforce.... TY is often a waste of time in underresourced schools and it can get kids out of the study habit which is not a great idea either. It is fantastic though for junior tennis players - they can take a whole year out of school to concentrate on their tennis - but still join back in with their peers in 5th year without having lost out anything academically.
orka_irl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #611
*Sesil*

Well in my school it was compulsory so was a lot of fun because we all did and did so many activities, but yeah you kinda stop doing homework from that point onwards

Im in college now but I didn't do homework after 3rd year because I couldn't be bothered and teachers never really checked that vigorously.
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #612
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Great interview with John Morrissey: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...259042141.html

He seems to be fairly mature and focused, and it's cool that he's setting his sights as high as the semis of the Slams.
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #613
country flag polly

best of luck to amy bowtell, she is playing in the qualies this week in the eddie herr's
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #614

Well done to David McKenna who won a Grade 5 in Singapore last week Sam Barry also reached the 3rd round of a Grade 1 in Mexico this week, and is also in the doubles semis.

Good luck to John & Amy in America this week

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 11:02 PM   #615
country flag Tipp

Amy lost in qualies to the girl who beat her in Portugal earlier this year. John won his first match in three sets, but has a horrible draw overall. The 5th seed in round 3, and then, if he beats him, the top seed.

I wonder why Sam made the journey over to America to play the Mexico G1 and, presumably, the Orange Bowl, but decided to skip this.