irish tennis - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2009, 06:49 PM   #586
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

Fingers crossed we draw them so Irish players get on our TV screens.

I heard though from some people Murray may not bother playing since they have dropped so low.

Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM   #587
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Here's the draw for 2010: http://www.tennisireland.ie/home/dav...draw_announced

Turkey in the first round. Their top player is in the top 200 but their other three are outside the top 1000. Also, Ireland have the choice of venue. Then either Lithuania or, more likely, Britain.

Amy is playing in her first Grade 1 this week, in Croatia, and won her first round against Saidova, a girl who beat her earlier this year. Next up is Jovana Jaksic, ranked 132.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM   #588
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

So we can look forward to GBR v IRL then

I doubt Amy can beat Jaksic, she is a very good player. If Bowtell wins then she is definitely starting to play well.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 05:38 PM   #589
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG

IRL vs GBR fingers crossed.
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM   #590
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

well done to amy bowtell, she beat the number 8 seed from serbia and she is playing aginst a girl from ukraine next. amy has a great chance to make to the last 8 of a grade one so keep our fingers crossed!
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 10:03 PM   #591
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Amy Bowtell (IRL) d. Jovana Jaksic (SRB) 57 60 76(4)

That is SUCH a WTA scoreline
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #592

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...amazing from Amy!! That is a great win, Jaksic reached a 1ok QF not so long ago.

Come back soon Tati
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #593
*Sesil*

Finally some great results
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #594
country flag Tipp

We may not actually get to see Ireland vs. GB on TV if they meet - according to the Independent today, Ireland will have choice of ground and they're hardly going to set up a proper TV feed in Fitzwilliam or wherever. Besides, the BBC may not be bothered with a group 2 meeting if Andy isn't playing. Oh, well, fingers crossed. I'm gonna try to go see it in person anyway!

Besides, we have to get through Turkey first
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #595
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

unfortunately amy lost to the girl from ukraine 75 60
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #596
country flag Tipp

Amy I read in the paper today she was down 0-5 0-40 against Jaksic in the final set!
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #597

But thats a great comeback against Jaksic.

Come back soon Tati
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #598
*Sesil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Amy I read in the paper today she was down 0-5 0-40 against Jaksic in the final set!
WOO

Thats like Kournikova's Wimbledon comeback against Barbara Rittner.
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #599
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

I heard on the rte's interview with john morrissey at the aus open that he had to make up his mind this september as to weather to carry on with 5th and 6th year or follow the tennis. I wonder what he's done? The rest of the juniors seem to be in the national academy and i guess their schooling is taken care of. Except for amy who is home schooled. Does the national academy pay for their tournament expenses too?
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #600
country flag Tipp

I read in the Independent once that he has put his education on hold. Hope it works out for him. I'm sure the kids in the academy in Dublin have their travel/accomodation expenses taken care of, but I believe they (aside from Amy) all attend local schools in Dublin and the academy has to work their training around their schooltime, which is probably going to be a big hindrance.