irish tennis - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #541
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

That's a good scoreline against a reasonably good player.

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 11:36 PM   #542
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Bowtell withdrew from Felixstowe
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #543
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

World Student Games

Niamh Coveney IRL d. Narmanda Ekanayake SRI 60 60
Andrea Maughan IRL d. Jaurel Harley ISV 60 60

Coveney plays Bai & Maughan plays Germanlieva next, interesting to see how they fair against Top 700 players.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #544
*Sesil*

Good result for whoever they are.

FRINTON

Bowtell 12th Alt
Madill 19th Alt

Since Amy withdrew from Felixstowe I doubt she will play here either and Madill also withdrew from Cacares which is the same week so may play Frinton if she makes main draw.

Last edited by KournikovaFan91 : Jul 9th, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
KournikovaFan91 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #545

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Euro Champs

U18
Emily Madill has a first round bye and faces number one seed and Roland Garros champion Kristina Mladenovic in the second round. Very tough draw, but it's good for her to play against someone who already plays like a Top 150 WTA. John Morrissey won his first round 76 62. Sam Barry also had a bye in the first round.

U14s
Sinead Lohan and Robert Dudley are in the draws here

Come back soon Tati
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:10 PM   #546

Euro Champs.

Madill lost 6-1 6-0 Sinead & Dudley both lost in the first round

Grade 5, Donnybrook

Susan McRann, Amy Bowtell, Alison Clarke & Lynsey McCullough all through to the quarter finals. Never heard on Clarke, and she has no bio info on the ITF website. Lynsey should meet Bowtell in the semis, whoever wins that will probably win the tournament. No boys in the quarter finals, Fitzgerald lost in the first round

http://www.donnybrooktennisclub.ie/f...al%20Draws.xls

Come back soon Tati
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 05:18 PM   #547
*Sesil*

Bowtell as the top player (well thats what we are told) should win Donnybrook.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM   #548

John lost his 2nd round match and Sam is through to the fourth round after beating the world number 34 in the third Emily Madill won her first round doubles match with Marina Novak

Donnybrook

Amy bt. Alison Clarke 6-1 3-0 ret. she will play Lynsey in the semis. Susran McRann lost her QF.

Come back soon Tati
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM   #549
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Amy Bowtell beat Lynsey Mccullough 62 60 in Donnybrook

I also want to give Sinead Lohan a BIG well done on winning her second under 14 tennis europe singles title in Solihull last week

Sam Barry unfortunately lost today in the last 16 of the under 18 european junior championships, he lost to Fredrico Giao of Italy 75 61
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #550
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

congrats to Amy Bowtell who won her first ITF grade 5 singles title today in donnybrook, she won 62 63 It was about time she won a tournament, at least 12 months overdue.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #551
*Sesil*

Great for Amy she is in qualifying for Rebecq, Belgium on 3rd August.

Where is Levova these days???? Haven't heard anything from her in forever
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM   #552

This thread hasn't been updated for awhile!

Irish Junior Championships finished today, congrats especially to John Morrissey who won the U18s on his birthday, I also think he won the 16s last year? John also reached the final of the East of Ireland last week, losing to Davis Cup player Eoin Heavey 64 62. He is progressing well.

Some of the results:

BS18 Final: John Morrissey [1] def. Ciaran Fitzgerald [2] 6-4 4-6 6-1
GS18 Final: Lynsey McCullough [1] def. Hannah-May Morrissey 6-1 6-4 Lynsey should enter some of the British 1oks, shes playing v.well this year.
GS16 Final: Sinéad Lohan [1] def. Grainne O'Neill [2] 6-3 6-4 I wonder why Sinéad didn't play Donnybrook or Rushbrooke?
GS14 Final: Megan McGreevy [1] def. Rachel Daly [3] 6-3 7-5

GS16 QF: Sinéad Lohan [1] def. Alison Clarke [7] 6-3 6-2 Pity for Clarke to meet Sinéad so early on

GS18 QF: Madeline Mortimore def. Emily Madill [4] 7-5 2-6 6-4 Madill doesn't seem to be playing well lately, Mortimore went on to get beat 6-0 6-0 by Lynsey in the semis

I was wondering about Bowtell and why she wasn't play here, but then I was reading the Irish Independent website and was suprised to see that she was in the Semi-Final of a Grade 3 in Portugal She defeated Britain's Jessica Ren in the QF in straights, which is a great win for Amy. She seems to be finally living up to her potential since Donnybrook She also reached the final of Grade 5 Rushbrooke.

On the Tennis Ireland website it says that Morrissey and Niland are Ireland's only two players in the US Open, so Sam Barry mustn't be going. He is on the entry lists for a Grade 2 USA and the Grade 1 CAN before the US Open, so he probably wont play them knowing he didn't get into US Open qualies?

Come back soon Tati
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 03:11 PM   #553
country flag orka_irl

orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Chick View Post
GS16 Final: Sinéad Lohan [1] def. Grainne O'Neill [2] 6-3 6-4 I wonder why Sinéad didn't play Donnybrook or Rushbrooke?
Donnybrook was the same week as the U14 European Championships. Sinead had a bye in the first round but lost her match in the second round.

Quote:
I was wondering about Bowtell and why she wasn't play here, but then I was reading the Irish Independent website and was suprised to see that she was in the Semi-Final of a Grade 3 in Portugal
Unfortunately Amy lost the semi in a third set tiebreak - she doesn't seem to have played doubles there.
Quote:
On the Tennis Ireland website it says that Morrissey and Niland are Ireland's only two players in the US Open
Anyone know how Conor Niland is playing in the US Open when he's ranked 409? I thought you had to be top-200ish to make it into qualies?
orka_irl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM   #554

His ranking was around #280 at the cut-off point a couple of weeks ago. His ranking dropped around 125 places in one week because the Challenger he won last year points went off and he didn't play. Glad Louk is back to the #1 spot, hopefully he can build on his CH SF spot a few weeks ago!

This tournament brings Amy up to around #290 in the rankings. I'm glad she starting to play Grade 3 events, hopefully she doesn't play 4s & 5s anymore.

Come back soon Tati
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 05:36 PM   #555
country flag polly

its about time amy is getting in some good wins, i hope she keeps up her good run of form. for amy reaching the semi's she should be receiving 30 points and i think she should be around the 250 mark, how did you figure out that she would be about 290???