irish tennis - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #481
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

Great for Lyndsey but is she ever on any ITF entry lists I have never seen her???

Old Jun 10th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #482
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

$25k El Paso

1st Round: Paula Zabala (COL) d. Kelly Liggan (IRL) 16 62 75

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #483
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, she really should progress past the first round of a 25K
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #484

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Grade 2, Morocco

1st: JohnMORRISSEY (IRL) (6) defeated Benjamin CSELENKO (FRA) 2-6 7-5 7-6(5)
2nd: John MORRISSEY (IRL) (6) defeated Sergey SHIPILOV (UZB) 6-3 6-1
QF: John MORRISSEY (IRL) (6) defeated Hicham KHADDARI (MAR) 2-2 Retired
SF: Vs Micke KONTINEN (FIN)

Great run from John, 20 more ranking points so far

Come back soon Tati
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #485
*Sesil*

Good wins for John
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #486

John won his SF 6-1 6-0 He lost in the final though 6-3 6-3 That's his 7 loss in a final in the past year and one title.

------------

Wimbledon qualies

Lukasz Kubot POL (15) v Go Soeda JPN
Michael Yani USA v Marc Lopez ESP
Conor Niland IRL v Daniel Cox GBR (WC)
Antonio Veic CRO v Prakash Amritraj IND (28)

Good first round draw for Conor It's a shame Louks not here this year, he did so well last year

-----------------

Ireland F1

Louk got a WC here, along with Barry, Farron-Mahon & Cluskey. Potential semi-final between Louk & McGee or Barry King. Hopefully O'Brien makes the final from the other side, maybe even a QF with Farron-Mahon, he's been playing well lately. Sam Barry playing the sixth seed in the first round, tough draw.

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tourna...ent=1100019888

11 IRL players in qualies, not one qualified
Good luck to all Irish players

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Jun 14th, 2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #487
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the updates, Tennis-Chick

Good week for John, considering the results he's had on clay so far. This will push him almost into the top 60 which would easily be enough to get into the Wimbledon qualification draw - although I'm not sure if they use your ranking at the time of the draw or the time the entry list was published to determine placing.

---

Hope they all do well at the Futures. It'll be interesting over the next few weeks to see how Sam and Amy do after having to study for exams. Speaking of which, how did the Leaving Cert go, KournikovaFan?
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #488
*Sesil*

Hope John can get in Wimby qualies, He would have a good chance of qualifying.

Fingers crossed for Conor in Men's qualies.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #489
*Sesil*

Somebody should retire.

Daniel Cox (GBR) def. Conor Niland (IRL) - 6-3, 1-6, 8-6

I expected him to beat a British WC Maybe Cox could be a future Roger Federer since he is only 18 but I doubt that. It will be interestng to see how Cox does in his next round.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #490
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Poor Conor, just pushing on, I guess.

On the other hand, it was a great first day for the Irish players in Dublin These are all the completed matches of the first day:

Lazare KUKHALASHVILI (GEO) defeated Jordan COX (USA) 6-4 4-6 7-5
Alexander SADECKY (SUI) (5) defeated Burnham ARLIDGE (GBR) 6-3 6-7(5) 7-6(8)
Colin O'BRIEN (IRL) (4) defeated Nick CAVADAY (GBR) 7-5 6-4
Andreas SILJESTROM (SWE) defeated Niall ANGUS (GBR) 7-5 6-4
Barry KING (IRL) defeated Oliver EVANS (GBR) 6-2 6-4
James MCGEE (IRL) (2) defeated Devin BRITTON (USA) 6-3 7-6(7)
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #491

Although Cox was one of the better WC's I thought Conor would still win. I see that Cox already beat Niland 6-0 7-5 this year.

Well done Lazare, O'Brien, King & McGee

Come back soon Tati
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #492
country flag Tipp

Irish Times article, interviewing some people involved in Tennis Ireland. It's pretty interesting, and they all seem reasonably optimistic about the future. I think Garry Cahill's "targets" are a little behind, though, such as expecting girls to reach the ITF U18 top 100 by the time they're 18 - realistically if they are to be a top 100 player by that time they should have left the U18 circuit behind. Honestly, my biggest hope is that Tennis Ireland has some incentive scheme in place to stop talented young players from heading off to the US college circuit as soon as they finish the LC.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #493
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the updates

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #494
country flag Tipp

Today's results:

Max JONES (GBR) defeated Philippe DE BONNEVIE (FRA) (1) 7-5 4-6 7-6(3)
David SODEK (CZE) defeated Sean THORNLEY (GBR) 6-3 6-4
Kyle BRASSINGTON (GBR) defeated Tristan FARRON-MAHON (IRL) 6-4 6-2
Sadik KADIR (AUS) (6) defeated Sam BARRY (IRL) 6-2 6-0
Martin EMMRICH (GER) (8) defeated James CLUSKEY (IRL) 6-4 6-3
Ashwin KUMAR (USA) defeated Mathew JAMES (GBR) 6-3 4-6 6-3
Jakub PRAIBIS (CZE) defeated Timothy BRADSHAW (GBR) 5-7 7-6(4) 6-3
Louk SORENSEN (IRL) (3) defeated Charles-Antoine BREZAC (FRA) 4-6 6-1 6-4
Milan POKRAJAC (CAN) (7) defeated Purav RAJA (IND) 6-4 6-4
Bradley COX (USA) defeated Duncan MUGABE (UGA) 6-4 6-3

Good for Louk I had hoped Tristan would be able to win his match, but all the other Irish losses were more or less expected.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #495

Louk
I thought Tristan would have won too

Thanks for the article Tipp For some players it is better for them to go off to college and get an education before they try pros, look at Laura Granville. I don't really agree with Garry Cahills targets regarding rankings, most players in the top 100 are around 16/17 or younger. IMO Bowtell is way behind others her age, she is over 6ft as well, that should mean she has a good serve and should easily be getting to finals in Grade 4s & 5s. John is still 16 and Top 90 in the world, and the boys game is more physical so boys don't usually hit their peak til around 17/18 whereas girls are winning top junior tournaments around 15/16 or earlier. It is cool though that Amy beat Mladenovic, who is already top 400 WTA and is the same age as Amy.

Come back soon Tati