irish tennis - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #436
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Conor qualified, but got drawn against a seed in the first round

EDIT: But he won! So did Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat in the hat View Post
Thanks for that clip of kelly Tipp I tried to watch it wouldn't work. I hate to say it but surely she can't carry on with these sort of results for much longer?
I doubt she has played tennis for a living in a long time, given the money she brings in. She is probably employed as a coach or something somewhere in America and just plays the tour to keep sharp.

Sorry the video didn't work for you Not sure what that's about, it's the first time I ever tried uploading a match.

Last edited by Tipp : May 12th, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #437
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

(3)Petra Rampre (SLO) d. (6)Kelly Liggan (IRL) 63 61

Futures Czech Republic
QR1: Dara MCLOUGHLIN (IRL) defeated Adriano LOCOROTONDO (ITA) 6-2 4-6 6-3
QR2: Karel TRISKA (CZE) (1) defeated Dara MCLOUGHLIN (IRL) 2-6 6-1 6-3

Unlucky to face wr #849 next, still a good scoreline from Dara.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : May 12th, 2009 at 11:32 PM.
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #438

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Conor lost in three

Newcastle Futures
1st Round
Guillermo OLASO (ESP) (4) defeated Colin O'BRIEN (IRL) 7-6(4) 4-6 6-2
James MCGEE (IRL) defeated Nick CAVADAY (GBR) 7-5 6-4
Barry KING (IRL) (Q) defeated David RICE (GBR) 6-1 5-7 6-2

Come back soon Tati
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #439

Newcastle Futures
2nd Round

Maniel BAINS (GBR) defeated James MCGEE (IRL) 6-2 7-6(5)
Barry KING (IRL) defeated Ashley HEWITT (GBR) 6-0 6-2 Another QF for Barry

Quarterfinal Doubles
CAVADAY (GBR) / KING (IRL) defeated ANGUS (GBR) / PAUFFLEY (GBR) (3) 6-4 6-3
MCGEE (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) (2) defeated CARPENTER (GBR) / HEWITT (GBR) 6-0 6-3

Semifinal
CAVADAY (GBR) / KING (IRL) defeated BARNES (GBR) / GOLDING (GBR) 6-2 6-2
ARLIDGE (GBR) / LEAHY (GBR) Vs MCGEE (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) (2)

Come back soon Tati
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #440
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Tipp, i got it to work now, think it was because i was trying to download then watch rather than just press the "watch megavideo" button which i didn't see!
If she's got a coaching job she must never be there as she still plays a lot of tournys! But I checked her tournys and she hasn't played outside the states in over a year so maybe she is based there now
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #441
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Well done, Barry and James I think you have to make at least QF at a Futures event in order to get points so Barry's ranking should finally go up again. Sucks for Conor - he seems to have a habit of overcoming guys he shouldn't beat, only to lose to the weaker opponent in the following round.

Edit: Actually, from the looks of Barry's ranking breakdown you have to make SF in order to get points. Oh, well, good luck in the next round Barry!

Edit again: He lost 3 and 1 Made the finals of doubles, though, and finished runner up to McGee and O'Brien

DOUBLE

Semifinal

MCGEE (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) (2) defeated ARLIDGE (GBR) / LEAHY (GBR) 6-3 6-2

Final

MCGEE (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) (2) defeated CAVADAY (GBR) / KING (IRL) 6-4 6-4

Last edited by Tipp : May 14th, 2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #442

Quarterfinal
Daniel SMETHURST (GBR) defeated Barry KING (IRL) 6-3 6-1

Semifinal
MCGEE (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) (2) defeated ARLIDGE (GBR) / LEAHY (GBR) 6-3 6-2

Final

MCGEE (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) (2) defeated CAVADAY (GBR) / KING (IRL) 6-4 6-4

Come back soon Tati
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #443
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Barry

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #444

Louk won his first round qualie match at the Austria Open

Come back soon Tati
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #445
country flag Tipp

Louk lost 6-7 6-7 after having a chance to serve for the second set

Conor is the only other player in action this week, he won 6-1 4-0 RET. against the 3rd seed in Italy and faces a WC next. Great chance for a QF!
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #446
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Conor
Tough luck for Louk

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM   #447

2nd Round: Conor NILAND (IRL) defeated Giuseppe MENGA (ITA) 7-6(4) 6-2

Come back soon Tati
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM   #448
country flag Tipp

He lost in the QF 7-6(7) 4-6 5-7 after having set point in the first set TB, and then being up *5-4 30-0 in the third, at which point he double faulted three times. He was also at *5-6 40-0 but then lost that game and the match.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:21 PM   #449
country flag Ciarán

It was a tight match it seems too
Old May 24th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #450

Karlsruhe, Gemany [CH]
Qualies Draw

QR1: L.SORENSEN [IRL] d. Y.MERTENS [BEL/3] 6-1 6-1
QR2: L.SORENSEN [IRL] d. A.SADECKY [SUI] 6-4 7-5
QFR: vs. D.BROWN [JAM]

Great scoreline for Louk against the third seed!

Carson, USA [CH]
Main Draw

Conor Niland IRL vs. Danai Udomchoke THA [2]

Tough first round for Conor, but he should take heart from the way he has been playing these last couple of weeks.

Grade 1, BEL

John Morrissey faces a Belgian WC in the first round ranked around #1100, should be an easy win then he will play the world number 5. I cant wait to see how the outcome of that match.

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : May 25th, 2009 at 12:48 PM.