irish tennis - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM   #406
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

thats great for the irish team, i wonder who is playing for greece tomorrow?
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 02:06 PM   #407
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Amy Bowtell (IRL) v Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) 2-6 2-6
Rachael Dillon (IRL) v Anna Gerasimou (GRE) 0-6 1-6
Jenny Claffey/Lynsey McCullough (IRL) v E.Daniilidou / A.Gerasimou (GRE) 2-6 2-6

Nice try, girls Good for Amy to get experience against WTA players at least.

Vs. Finland tomorrow.

Last edited by Tipp : Apr 22nd, 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:26 PM   #408
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the updates guys

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM   #409
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

4 Games against a former world number 14 is not bad for a 15 year old

Thanks for the video Tipp

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:34 PM   #410
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Amy Bowtell (IRL) v Piia Suomalainen (FIN) 5-7 4-6
Rachael Dillon (IRL) v Emma Laine (FIN) 1-6 0-6
Jenny Claffey/Lynsey McCullough (IRL) v Cecilia Estlander/Heini Salonen (FIN) 6-2 6-3

Oh, well. Hopefully we can beat Malta and finish third.

Edit - From Tennis Ireland's report:

Quote:
Amy will be disappointed not to have taken the match to three sets after having a total of three set points in the first before the Finn capitalised on a Bowtell double fault during her second set point and brought the game to deuce before breaking the Greystones girl's serve to tie at 5-5.
Ouch.
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:42 PM   #411
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Amy

Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM   #412

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Also John lost his second round match in Slovakia after having a bye in the 1st round

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #413
country flag Tipp

Ireland managed to salvage 3rd place, at least

R1 - A.BOWTELL (IRL) def. S.SULLIVAN (MLT)
6-4 6-1
R2 - K.CASSAR (MLT) def. R.DILLON (IRL)
7-6(5) 6-4
R3 - J.CLAFFEY / L.MCCULLOUGH (IRL) def. L.CAMENZULI / K.CASSAR (MLT)
6-4 4-6 10-4
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #414
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

thats great for the first time round for bowtell, claffey and mccullough. overall i was very disappointed with rachael dillon, I thought she was better than that
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #415
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

That fed cup preformance was borderline amazing

Rachel Dillon is pretty much dried up by the looks of things.
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #416
country flag Ciarán

Straight set wins

Old Apr 26th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #417

Well you have to remember that Rachael Dillon was playing #1 singles and played much tougher oponents than Bowtell did. Gerasimou is in far better form than Danilidou atm, and Laine and Cassar are far better than Suomalainen and Sullivan.

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #418
country flag Tipp

Yeah, Rachael faced tougher opponents, but I would have hoped she could beat Cassar. Good week for the teens, though. I hope Amy plays another ITF $10K soon. She won 2 games against someone ranked around 950 back in February, and last week she won 4 games against someone ranked around 300, so she's getting better

Anyway, moving on Conor and Kelly are playing Challengers this week, Kelly is the 3rd seed in the qualies of a $50k in America, with a good chance of qualifying. Conor is in the MD of a $30K in Tenerife and plays the 8th seed in the first round. Sam was on the entry list for a G3 in Ukraine but withdrew. He has done that for a few tournaments now - I wonder if perhaps he was injured during those tournaments in Asia? That would explain all his early exits.
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #419

John is also playing a Grade 2 this week, good luck to all of them I thought Mariyana or even Madill would have played $1ok Bournemouth this week, but no Irish girls there at all

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Yeah, Rachael faced tougher opponents, but I would have hoped she could beat Cassar. Good week for the teens, though. I hope Amy plays another ITF $10K soon. She won 2 games against someone ranked around 950 back in February, and last week she won 4 games against someone ranked around 300, so she's getting better

Anyway, moving on Conor and Kelly are playing Challengers this week, Kelly is the 3rd seed in the qualies of a $50k in America, with a good chance of qualifying. Conor is in the MD of a $30K in Tenerife and plays the 8th seed in the first round. Sam was on the entry list for a G3 in Ukraine but withdrew. He has done that for a few tournaments now - I wonder if perhaps he was injured during those tournaments in Asia? That would explain all his early exits.
Actually Sam is playing Bournemouth this week, he won his first qualie match but unfortunately lost to Piro in the 2nd round. Piro is not a bad player, a former top 5 junior, so it's not a bad loss for Sam

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tourna...111403&round=2

Come back soon Tati