irish tennis - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #391
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

Valery RUDNEV (RUS) (6) defeated Barry KING (IRL) 6-2 6-1
KING (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) defeated PUSHNIKOV (RUS) / USHAKOV (RUS) 6-2 6-1

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 14th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #392
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Nottingham have updated their draws for the day, and it turns out they made a mistake yesterday. Emily didn't win 6-2 6-0, she lost...6-2 6-0. Sinead also lost in doubles, but Ciaran won his match 6-1 6-2 and has a walkover to the second round of doubles.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #393

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

I actually was surprised that Madill could win that easy, she doesn't seem to be playing that well lately.
Tough luck for Sinéad in doubles, but this week will be a good experience for her!

EDIT:
John MORRISSEY (ISL) def. Benjamin CSELENKO (FRA) 7/6(4) 7/6(6) Faces Boluda next, cant wait to see the result of that match

COELHO (AUS) / NILAND (IRL) defeated MANNARINO (FRA) / REYNET (FRA) 7-5 3-6 [10-5]

(11)Kelly Liggan (IRL) v Olga Boulytcheva (RUS) 5-7 4-3. Play has been suspended for the day because of tornado warnings. Hopefully Kelly can win in three, she should reallly been winning matches like this Maybe she should play some $1oks or weaker $25ks to get her ranking up a bit ?

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Apr 14th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #394

Quarterfinal Futures Russia
KING (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) defeated NURMATOV (RUS) / PUDOVKIN (RUS) 6-4 6-4

Conor Niland
1stRound: d. Jean-Christophe FAUREL (FRA) 3-6 6-2 6-1
QFDoubles: lost to FORNELL-MESTRES (ESP) / SWYNGEDOUW (BEL) 6-2 6-2 [w/Coehlo]

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #395
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Nottingham Singles R16
[11] Fitzgerald def. [7] Sterland-Markovic 6-4 6-0

Nottingham Doubles R16
[4] Fitzgerald/Cochrane def. Gaydon/Kahlke 6-4 6-4

Lots of good news today Hopefully John, Kelly and Colin will make it perfect.

Last edited by Tipp : Apr 15th, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Nottingham Singles R16
[11] Fitzgerald def. [7] Sterland-Markovic 6-4 6-0

Nottingham Doubles R16
[4] Fitzgerald/Cochrane def. Gaydon/Kahlke 6-4 6-4

Lots of good news today Hopefully John, Kelly and Colin will make it perfect.
Looking at the $25k Osprey draw it looks like Kelly lost She should start playing more doubles to get more matches under her belt.

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #397
country flag Tipp

Ciaran, Colin and Conor all lost their respective matches today At least for Ciaran this was his first Grade 4 QF and his ranking will improve so it's a good week for him. Also, he's through to the doubles SF.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #398

Also Colin & Barry lost their doubles match

Fed Cup to look forward to next week I suppose Lynsey McCullough defeated Niamh Coveney in the final of the South of Ireland Championship at the weekend, good preparation for FC

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Apr 16th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #399
country flag Tipp

Aaand, Boluda def. Morrissey 6-3 4-6 6-3

Still, that's a much better scoreline than many others have had against Carlos. I expected a whitewash.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #400

Boluda won the other Grade 2 in France last week without losing a set, so that's a good scoreline for John.

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #401

$75k Dothan
Qualie Draw

(2)Monique Adamczak (AUS) v Tiya Rolle (USA)
Alexandra Mueller (USA) v (wc)Emily Newton (USA)

Kelly Liggan (IRL) v Katarina Kachlikova (SVK)
(7)Heidi El Tabakh (CAN) v Lena Litvak (USA)

Good luck Kelly, she better win some matches this week because she didn't want to play FC.
El Tabakh will be tough though in qr2, she has had some good wins lately. Adamczak is also in great form, so a tough qualie section for her.

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #402

Kelly Liggan (IRL) v Katarina Kachlikova (SVK) 63 10 ret.
Lena Litvak (USA) d. (7)Heidi El Tabakh (CAN) 57 76(6) 64

I was excited to see her match will be on livestream tonight but when I checked the times it will start at around 2.30AM our time, too later for me I have an Irish oral first thing tomorrow Good luck to her.

If anyone wants to watch it there is a link in the Dothan thread in the Challengers section

Susan McRann plays a Brit ranked around 1450 in the first round at Nottingham, a winnable match.

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Apr 20th, 2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 11:58 AM   #403
country flag Tipp

Kelly got clobbered 6-2 6-0

I watched the stream (the joys of being in college ) but they shut it down at 9pm, when the score was 3-1 40-40, which I now see was probably a good time to stop watching. Kelly was totally outgunned in groundstrokes and was double faulting like crazy at the start. She seemed to be working her way back into it a bit when the stream was cut but I guess not.

The Fed Cup draw was announced today, and Ireland have been put in the same group as Greece Their first match is against Algeria, though, same as the Davis Cup. None of their players have WTA rankings so it's a good starter. I'm not really that concerned about whether or not Ireland get promoted anyway, since going up to Group 2 would probably just mean getting hammered back to Group 3 the very next year.

EDIT:
Amy Bowtell (IRL) v Amira Benaissa (ALG) 1-6 6-2 6-1
Rachael Dillon (IRL) v Yasmine Alkema (ALG) 6-4 6-4

Nicely done, girls.

Last edited by Tipp : Apr 21st, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:42 PM   #404

Kelly Should have played Fed Cup, she didn't make the most of this week.

Well done girls, they could also beat Malta and Finland Greece will be tough.

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM   #405
country flag Tipp

I saved the little bit of Kelly's match that was shown, if any of you wanna have a look you can download it here. Sorry it's not on YouTube, I couldn't get it to upload there for some reason.

Oh, and: Jenny Claffey/Lynsey McCullough (IRL) v Fatima Bouabdallah/Assia Halo (ALG) 6-0 6-3.

Now against Greece tomorrow.