irish tennis - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #361
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

i saw on that amy bowtell is on the entry lists for malta and nottingham, and sinead is on the entry list for nottingham as well
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #362
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

A young Fed Cup team, wonder why Kelly isn't playing?! Good to see Jenny Claffey in there, haven't heard much about her lately apart from the Indoors. Also to see Dillon and McCullough Probably Amy and Dillon playing singles then?!

Good to see Sinead in the MD of Nottingham, she will be the youngest in the field if she plays there. Amy also on a few entry lists in April, and John & Sam are playing a G2 in France

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #363
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

What a Fed Cup team. Very young.

Wonder why Kelly can't/won't play?
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #364

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

It said in the paper because of tournament commitments. She is playing a $25k in the US the week before, so she must want to play in the $75k the week of Fed Cup. She is just making qualies in the $25k, so I doubt she will even make the qualies of the $75k when the Entry list is out.

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #365
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Meh, Ireland isn't going to win the Fed Cup anytime soon, with or without Liggan - giving the young girls some senior interational experience is as good a use of the team spots as any other choice.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM   #366
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Well they will hardly be playing top players or even proper ITF players since we are stuck in such a low group.
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM   #367
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Amy is now down as withdrawn on the Nottingham entry list. If she's not going there, I presume she's out of Malta too. Her last match was in Sweden where she had to retire - I really hope these withdrawals aren't due to that same injury. Although the Fed Cup is pretty soon so maybe her coaches thought it would be best to rest up for that?
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM   #368
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Paszek, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #369

Reading an interesting article in the Independent. It's says that Tennis Ireland are bringing McCullough and Claffey to Malta for the doubles, apparently they are working a lot with them in doubles. McCullough hasn't been training with the Academy since Sep, when she decided to return up north and hasn't been training as intensively. Also says Levova's father has been given a passport but she still hasn't got hers!

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #370
country flag Tipp

From the first round of a $50k Challenger in USA:

Conor NILAND (IRL) d. Frank DANCEVIC (CAN) 3:6 6:3 6:1

Dancevic is currently ranked 111 and defeated Kohlschreiber in Miami. Way to go, Conor

EDIT: Now through to QF

Last edited by Tipp : Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #371

Great week for Conor, unfortunately though he lost in the QFs, but Groth is a good player.

Groth def. Niland 64 67(5) 64

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #372
country flag Tipp

Here's an interesting piece from the Irish Times where Mariyana explains what's going on with her. Basically, she did great in her Leaving and is going to study at Trinity next year unless her tennis goes really well over the summer.
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 10:08 PM   #373

Great article explaining her situation in her own words Would be good if more of our tennis players were interviewed like this.

Hope she has a good summer If she wanted to play tennis and study, why didn't she go to college in the US. I'm sure she would have got a scholarship she had a better junior career than Maria Morrissey for example and she is playing over there.

Come back soon Tati
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #374
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for updates

Paszek, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM   #375

Grade 4, Malta

Emily Madill
1st Round: l.Alice HOPKINS 6-0 6-2
In doubles with Chrissie Hoolohan.

Ciarán Fitzgerald
1st: BYE
2nd: l.Mate DELIC (CRO) 7-6(2) 6-2

Tony Rush also playing here, he lost in qualies 61 76 but he won his first round in doubles:
GHASYA (LBA) / RUSH (IRL) defeated BRENDMOE (NOR) / PLATTES (GER) 6-2 1-6 [10-3]
Good for him to get a win in his first U18 tournament

Come back soon Tati