irish tennis - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #301
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

I don't think it's that bad, apparently James was just nervous and Chala isn't that bad of a player. Louk has a wrist injury so I dont know if he will play tomorrow.

Ireland up 2-1 now

James MCGEE/Colin O'BRIEN (IRL) def. Abdelhak HAMEURLAINE/Slimane SAOUDI (ALG) 75 36 67(3) 62 64

McGee gets his first DC win

Also Sam got to the doubles final of the G2 in Indonesia, so that should bring him back into the Top 100

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #302
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

I hope the Irish Davis cup team win this weekend, they really have a good chance. I am quite pleased with Amy's results for the last few weeks, I wonder where is she playing next?
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #303

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

R4 - C. NILAND (IRL) def. E.CHALA (ALG)

7-6, 6-2, 6-2

3-1 now to Ireland. Would be nice if McGee can win his match as well.

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #304
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Next up is Cyprus in the next round. That will be a toughie.

I wonder who will play Fed Cup in Malta????? I hope we get promoted this year.
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #305

I cant wait though, I would love to see Louk up against Marcos Baghdatis!!

I dont know, we really dont have many players to chose from just Kelly of course. Bowtell will probably be there, and she already has experience of being there last year. Mariyana still doesn't have her passport, I doubt she will get it in time Rachael Dillon was dropped from Cal this year, and I dont know if she found another university. Not many players to chose from

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #306

Also Colin O'Brien won the final DC match, 4-1 then

Nice to see Colin getting a win.

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #307

Grade 1, Thailand
John won his first match:

IRL MORRISSEY, John d. IND MUNSHAW, Vaidik 61 63
15-GBR EL MENSHAWY, Ahmed vs Bye

Sam has a bye, but will play White who beat him last week.
14-IRL BARRY, Sam vs Bye
CAN WHITE, Zachary d. Q-PHI PATROMBON, Jeson 75 76(5)

Both in doubles, Sam with Lavie and John with White.

Good luck to both. Would be great if it was an all Irish final.

Amy up to 391 in the world and Sam to 94.

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #308
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Good result for John, and not a bad prospect in the second round - he hammered Menshawny a while back. But tough draw for Sam. White went on to knock out the number 20 player last week so I don't think beating Sam was a fluke. Hopefully he's a little more tired than Sam, though, having played more singles matches last week.

Bad news is that John's lowest score in his best singles results is 30 points (in fact, all his counted results are 30 points) so he has to make QF or better in order to improve his ranking, which will involve getting past the number 3 seed
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #309
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys for keeping this thread updated with all the results constantly.
As for the fed cup it's a pity that Emma Murphy didn't stick with the pro game as it seemed like she was very talented
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #310
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Yes, it does suck. She showed promise, but I guess she just wasn't turning a profit and didn't have the funding to keep flying out to tournaments only to lose in the qualification rounds.

Great news from Thailand

IRL MORRISSEY, John d. 15-GBR EL MENSHAWY, Ahmed 61 64
14-IRL BARRY, Sam d. CAN WHITE, Zachary 76(3) 0-0 ret.

John did lose in the doubles, however, which is hardly surprising when his partner is Sam's opponent who retired during his match. Sam has a bye to the second round.

Now John must play the number 3 seed, and Sam will play the number 2 seed If they both lose tomorrow, Sam will get an extra 15 points which by the current rankings would boost him up to 83, but John won't gain anything.
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #311

Its a shame Emma Murphy didn't still to pros, she even made a final in that short time she persued it.

Great news from both John and Sam

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #312
country flag Tipp

Good and bad reports today:

IRL MORRISSEY, John d. 3-GER SCHULZ, Dominik 26 62 75

2-TPE HUANG, Liang-Chi d. 14-IRL BARRY, Sam 61 75

Also, 6-IRL/NZL BARRY, Sam/LAVIE, Sebastian d. THA PHAPHUI, Aviruth/PRAHMANEE, Grittaboon 75 62
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #313

Well done to John, thought he could do it! First G1 QF for him

Sam has a great chance of winning the doubles as well

Come back soon Tati
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #314
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

thats great for john, how many points does he get now at least, he has a great chance of getting to the final
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
thats great for john, how many points does he get now at least, he has a great chance of getting to the final
60pts for a G1 QF, and his sixth result is worth 30pts, so he will gain at least 30pts this will take him to around the 100 mark

Come back soon Tati