irish tennis - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM   #211
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

Basically I just searched through all the tournaments I've been stuck in my bed for the past couple of days dying of the flu, so I've had loads of free time!

Challenger in Chile:

1st Round
Conor NILAND (IRL) defeated Caio ZAMPIERI (BRA) 6-3 7-5

Next up he faces world number 176, BRZEZICKI

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Jan 21st, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2009, 10:13 AM   #212

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Draw for Aussie Open qualies is out!

http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/defau...4&pageId=11830

Morrissey has a good draw, facing a #579 ranked Aussie WC in the first round. This is his chance, he should definitely win this match. Next up will probs be #99 Vierin from Italy.

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 11:32 AM   #213
country flag orka_irl

orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all

There was an article in yesterday's Irish Times about young athletes - apparantly Amy is home-schooled now so she can train and compete more - this should help her enormously.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...059660961.html
orka_irl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 04:17 PM   #214
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Great article, thanks for posting it. I knew home schooling was common amongst juniors but didn't realise it usually starts at 12! No mention of her starting to play in the seniors, though.

Edit: Sam BARRY (IRL) (9) defeated Michal KOZELSKI (CZE) 6-3 6-1

Safely through to R16.

Last edited by Tipp : Jan 21st, 2009 at 07:43 PM.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:53 AM   #215

Well done Sam!!

John also won his first qualie match, 6-0 6-2

EDIT: Found pics of the Indoors Womens Final

http://www.inpho.ie/fotoweb/search-results.fwx?folderid=5005&columns=5&rows=4&search= (IPTC103%20contains%20311208_02)#

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:41 PM   #216
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Lynsey makes some funny faces during her swings. She's a really good-looking girl, though - if she ever made top 100 in tennis she'd rack up endorsements (and TennisForum fans ) all over the place. Too bad she didn't have a more successful junior career.

Tennis Ireland says Sam Barry is through to the QF in Czech, which will push him into the top 100!
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM   #217
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

great to see the Irish players improving

Léigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúdpháipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a gahbann le cuid A
KournikovaFan91 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:47 AM   #218

John Morrissey through to the main draw of the Aussie Open, beat Vierin 6-2 6-2

Tennis Ireland says its the first time an Irish boy has ever got to a G1 QF, so well done Sam!

Colin O'Brien also through to the QFs at a futures event in Austria

Disappointing results from the Irish girls though in the Grade 4 in Hamburg

1st Round
Sarah-Maria RICHTER (GER) d. Emily MADILL (IRL) 61 60

2nd Round
Katharina LEHNERT (GER) d. Amy BOWTELL (IRL) (9) 61 64

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM   #219
country flag Tipp

OMG, Amy She has Grade 4 QF points coming off at the end of February. Hopefully the move to home schooling will bring about some improvement.

Sam out in the semis, losing the last set on a TB

Go John, can't wait to see how he fares in the MD.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #220

John Morrissey plays Aussie world number 44 Alex Sanders in the 1st Round. Tough for John, playing an Aussie in his home slam, but at least he didn't get a seed. Good luck

The draw is up on the Australian Open website.

He is last on Court 18, which means his match probably won't start til about 3/4AM our time

----------------------------

Colin O'Brien through to the Semi-Finals in Austria

----------------------------
At least one win for Amy in the doubles in Germany Through to QFs.

BARANSKA (POL) / BOWTELL (IRL) (8) defeated ALBANO (ITA) / ECCEL (ITA) 3-6 6-1 [10-6]
BREVE (NED) / RICHTER (GER) Vs CASSAR (MLT) / MADILL (IRL) (4)

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 05:41 AM   #221
country flag Tipp

Morrissey lost 7-5 7-6(3)

I've been on some weird sleeping routines lately and had some reading to do for college so I was up to watch the scoreboard. It was just a close as it looks - frustratingly, John went a break up on three separate occasions only for Sanders to break back quickly. Once in the first set and twice in the second. Even worse, one of these times was when John was serving for the second set at 6-5. I was sure he was gonna break through the whole time right up until Sanders raced ahead in the TB. Obviously I can't comment too much not having seen the actual match but it seems like John more than held his own. Still, it sucks that he went out all the way out to Australia for a month and didn't come back with a single point, his one doubles win aside.
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #222
country flag orka_irl

orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
it sucks that he went out all the way out to Australia for a month and didn't come back with a single point, his one doubles win aside.
He should get 25 points for qualifying which will bring him up about 20 places to 110-ish
orka_irl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Morrissey lost 7-5 7-6(3)

I've been on some weird sleeping routines lately and had some reading to do for college so I was up to watch the scoreboard. It was just a close as it looks - frustratingly, John went a break up on three separate occasions only for Sanders to break back quickly. Once in the first set and twice in the second. Even worse, one of these times was when John was serving for the second set at 6-5. I was sure he was gonna break through the whole time right up until Sanders raced ahead in the TB. Obviously I can't comment too much not having seen the actual match but it seems like John more than held his own. Still, it sucks that he went out all the way out to Australia for a month and didn't come back with a single point, his one doubles win aside.
Thanks for the info It's a shame John lost like that after serving for the second set, but it will make him tougher for situations like that in the future, and he will know how to play them type of points/games. He gets 25pts for qualifying and losing in the first round, but he only gains 5pts to his ranking though as his sixth tournament is worth 20pts.He still has doubles to come though, we might still have a Grand Slam champion yet!! Well done to John for qualifying at his very first Grand Slam

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Jan 25th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #224

Kelly's qualie draw at the $25k Laguna Niguel, CA

(1)Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN) v Oksana Kalashnikova (GEO)
Dia Evtimova (BUL) v Tereza Mrdeza (CRO)

Kelly Liggan (IRL) v Nelly Radeva (USA)
(11)Leonie Mekel (NED) v Jennifer Elie (USA)

Should beat Radeva, and the Mekel probably. Tough third round for her though, will almost certainly play Pelletier.

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #225
country flag Tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by orka_irl View Post
He should get 25 points for qualifying which will bring him up about 20 places to 110-ish
Oh, cool, I didn't think qualies counted for anything.

Here's his section of the doubles draw - he's playing with the same guy he was with in the G1:

Francis Casey Alcantara PHI (7) / Cheng-Peng Hsieh TPE (7)
v
Toni Androic CRO / Sudarwa Sitaram IND

Andrew McLeod AUS / Todd Volmari AUS
v
James Chaudry GBR / John Morrissey IRL

I looked up those Aussies, and it's basically a dream first round. They must be a WC team as they're both ranked outside the top 600 and have never played together before. If they win they'll pick up 30 doubles points, which will knock a 10-point result off John's total.

EDIT: And they won 6-3 6-0

Last edited by Tipp : Jan 26th, 2009 at 01:27 PM.