irish tennis - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #196
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

http://www.lta.org.uk/Global/Downloads/Results/2009/AEGON%20Pro%20Series/Glasgow%20JAN/Mens%20singles%20qualifying.pdf

Men's Qualie draw for the Futures in Glasgow, good to see both O'Brien and King in the draw, would be great to see both qualify. I couldn't find the womens draw, but I doubt Bowtell will even travel to Glasgow.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #197

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Morrissey lost his doubles match He also didn't play his consolation match, so he must be on his way to Melbourne

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #198
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Nope, he's on his way to Nottinghill :P There's a Grade 1 there next week and John is on the entry list for the qualifiers. So is Sam, hopefully he'll make it too.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Nope, he's on his way to Nottinghill :P There's a Grade 1 there next week and John is on the entry list for the qualifiers. So is Sam, hopefully he'll make it too.
Nottinghill is in Melbourne

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #200

As expected the Glasgow qualie draw is out, and no Bowtell in it, even though there is 5 BYE's.

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 09:02 PM   #201

Sam Barry is on the OOP for a Grade 2 in Dehli, so looks like he isn't going to Aus after all. I found an article on him and it said he is playing in Dehli then a tournament in Czech instead.

EDIT: He lost his first round match in straight sets to some Indian ranked #231

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Jan 13th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #202
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

That sucks. I can understand John and Sam having first round exits in their first couple of G1 tournaments since they played almost entirely in Grades 4 and 5 last year but both of them have lost to the kind of players they were hammering last year. I hope both were accidents and not ominous signs of bad form.

In other news, Sorensen and Niland are in Aussie Open qualies, and Louk won his first round match against Victor Crivoi who is ranked 128, much higher than Louk. Not bad. Unfortunately, Conor was blown off the court, 6-3 6-1.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #203

Louk lost in the 2nd round of qualifying I seen his name on Sky Sports News, I'm sure that's the first time in years an Irish player has been mentioned there

Also John Morrissey lost in the 1st qualie round of the G1 to a player ranked #309, I thought he would have beaten players around that rank solidly by now

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #204
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Chick View Post
Louk lost in the 2nd round of qualifying I seen his name on Sky Sports News, I'm sure that's the first time in years an Irish player has been mentioned there :lol

Yeah i thought he would be capable of qualifying after that first match but he didnt
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #205

Kelly's Qualie Draw for $25k Lutz

(2)Natalia Orlova (RUS) v Pauline Wong (NED)
Simona Dobra (CZE) v Nikola Vajdova (SVK)

Kelly Liggan (IRL) v (wc)Nicole Bartnik (USA)
(13)Oksana Kalashnikova (GEO) v Svetlana Krivencheva (BUL)

Good 1st round draw for Kelly.

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #206
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly won 6-1 6-0 and next plays Kalashnikova who beat Krivencheva 6-2 6-3.

It's a tricky section for Kelly to be in on clay courts, but it's more important that she gets through these first couple of matches without aggravating her injuries from last year.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #207

It's great to have Kelly back and winning matches like that Kalashnikova will be tougher though, she was a good junior, but Kelly should beat her

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #208
country flag Tipp

Well, I try not to get too excited about results against wildcards, but it's great to see Kelly's still able to rip a girl apart like that It would be great if she could get her ranking back up to near its best - we need a female player, and we could get in trouble if we keep discussing men's tennis so much in here

EDIT: Wow, check out the draw at the G1 Sam is playing at this week! A Bye to second round and a chance to get into the R16 and pick up an easy 30 points (which would boost his total by 15) by beating an opponent ranked outside the top 250.

Last edited by Tipp : Jan 19th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #209

Kelly Liggan (IRL) v (13)Oksana Kalashnikova (GEO) 06 67(3) Thought she should have won this one, but at least she put up a fight in the 2nd set.

------------------------------------------------

Grade 4, Germany

Bowtell & Madill's draws. Tough draw for Emily, she has to play the 2nd seed if she wins her first round match.

Amy BOWTELL (IRL) (9) BYE
Katharina LEHNERT (GER) Vs Felicitas KASTNER (GER)

Emily MADILL (IRL) Vs Sarah-Maria RICHTER (GER)
Katharina HOLERT (GER) (2) BYE

Also good luck to Ciarán Fitzgerald playing the boys event here.

-----------------------------------------

Austria F1

Colin O'BRIEN (IRL) defeated Stepan KHOTULEV (RUS) 7-6(4) 6-2

KING (IRL) / O'BRIEN (IRL) defeated MAYER (AUT) / RATH (AUT) 6-4 6-3

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : Jan 20th, 2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #210
country flag Tipp

Thanks for the info, Tennis-Chick. Is there some way of getting notified when Irish players enter tournaments or do you just trawl the ITF tournament draws looking for (IRL)?

That's a pretty weak draw for a G4. Good chance to pick up some points. One of Amy's potential second round opponents has never won a match and the other is ranked 1884, so I swear to God if she doesn't make third round...