Yung-Jan Latisha Chan 2O14 Cheering Thread - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 08:35 PM   #781
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all
Re: Yung-Jan Chan 2OO8 Cheering Thread

Hehe its not a problem...yeah i immigrated to South Africa with my family a few years ago. I have always been a big fan of tennis, especially loved Steffi Graf.
Anyway used to check on how Taiwanese players did on the tour, and came across Yung-Jan in the juniors Australian open in 2003.
I Remembered she lost to the eventual finalist Viktoriya Kutuzova in the first round,but i thought she put up a good fight, and so been following her since. I am so glad there are so many decent Taiwanese players now to follow. Really make tennis more interesting for me. But without a doubt Yung-Jan is definitely my favorite Taiwanese player, really hope she does well!
CrazyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2008, 03:18 AM   #782
country flag tim2502

tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold

Dinara Safina RUS (4) - BYE
Shuai Peng CHN vs Julie Ditty USA
Anastasia Rodionova AUS vs Alla Kudryavtseva RUS (Q)
Monica Niculescu ROU vs Dominika Cibulkova SVK (15)
Shahar Peer ISR (12) vs Samantha Stosur AUS
Elena Vesnina RUS vs Regina Kulikova RUS (Q)
Yung-Jan Chan TPE vs Aravane Rezai FRA
Victoria Azarenka BLR (8) - BYE

R1 it's not bad to face Rezai

win the match!!

but..R2 will face Vika
Venus Williams !Chuang Chia-Jung !Lucie Safarova !Zheng Jie
Agnieszka Radwanska !Ayumi Morita !Tamarine Tanasugarn!Peng Shuai !
-----------------------------------------------------------
forever Lindsay Davenport
tim2502 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 03:22 AM   #783
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck YJ!

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 04:38 AM   #784
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.J.CHANfan View Post
East West Bank Classic Singles R1- TierII
Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. Aravane Rezai (FRA) -Back onto hardcourts!

----------

East West Bank Classic Doubles R1- TierII
[1]Chan/Chuang (TPE) vs. Jill Craybas/Abigail Spears (USA)
Rezai can be so incosistent.If YJ can cut down her own UE she's got a great chance of winning.

The doubles draw is sick. They are lucky to have drawn Craybas/Spears...they would have to play either Amanmuradova/Bondarenko or Hantuchova/Pennetta in the following round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTennis View Post
Hehe its not a problem...yeah i immigrated to South Africa with my family a few years ago. I have always been a big fan of tennis, especially loved Steffi Graf.
Anyway used to check on how Taiwanese players did on the tour, and came across Yung-Jan in the juniors Australian open in 2003.
I Remembered she lost to the eventual finalist Viktoriya Kutuzova in the first round,but i thought she put up a good fight, and so been following her since. I am so glad there are so many decent Taiwanese players now to follow. Really make tennis more interesting for me. But without a doubt Yung-Jan is definitely my favorite Taiwanese player, really hope she does well!
I see.Glad to have a loyal YJ fan around like you.

Yung-Jan Chan ∞ Simona Halep Caroline Wozniacki Su-Wei Hsieh
Jelena Jankovic Jie Zheng Tamarine Tanasugarn Alisa Kleybanova Nadia Petrova
RND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM   #785
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

I see.Glad to have a loyal YJ fan around like you. [/quote]

Hehe thanx Y.J.Chanfan...i know that i am not the only one following her results closely! Really hope she does well here, i mean if Wozniak can win last week, i am sure Yung-Jan can as well!
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM   #786
country flag KanSuke

KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute

Go YJ! Good luck against Rezai!

And when is the USOpen this year? I may have a chance to go there cheering for YJ!

But I heard that USO and the Olympic are too close that many player won't attend USO, I'm just wondering if she'll go there or not. Anyone knows?
KanSuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM   #787
country flag tim2502

tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscrv View Post

And when is the USOpen this year? I may have a chance to go there cheering for YJ!

But I heard that USO and the Olympic are too close that many player won't attend USO, I'm just wondering if she'll go there or not. Anyone knows?
the truth is many players won't go to Beijing

YJ is absolutely to go Beijing.
I don't think she will give up USO.

Aug 11 Olympic Tennis Event (one week)
Aug 25 US Open

Last edited by tim2502 : Jul 21st, 2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM   #788
country flag tim2502

Yung-Jan Chan def. Aravane Rezai 6-1 6-4

NICE
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 07:43 PM   #789
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute

That was some stunning performance in her service games.So much easier than expected. To not be broken in the entire match is cool enough,the fact that she wasn't surrendering any BP is simply amazing.

Way to go Yung-Jan.The new training looks to be working decently now.

Old Jul 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM   #790
country flag CrazyTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscrv View Post

Yung-Jan is definitely playing both the Olympics and the US open. I think most players will be going to both, the reasons the few who isn't going to both are probably because they didnt qualify or they feel playing at both places is just too much trouble (for them to adjust to both the time and atmosphere). But Yung-Jan wont miss both for the world...I really feel if she get a decent draw at the US open, she will win her first main draw singles match at a grand slam!

Amazing performance in LA so far! Hope she beats Vika in second round!
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 08:15 PM   #791
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Yung-Jan, amazing service stats.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 01:59 AM   #792
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Vika YJ!

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM   #793
country flag CrazyTennis

Well Yung-Jan lost to Vika 1-6 3-6
Was hoping she would do better, but she did start to pick up her game towards the end of the match and Vika played really well. I still think Yung-Jan is on the right track, so she must just keep trying!
Good luck in doubles!
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM   #794
country flag tim2502

YJ can't handle Vika's second serve.
She don't take the chances to break Vika's sreve game

GL Roger cup!
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 09:45 PM   #795
RND

Not too surprising,already feel glad to see the fight she put up in that second set.

You won't win if you can't convert big points,that's exactly what happened to YJ in the second set,after all it's only a break difference.

She started awful,18%(2/11) points won overall in the first set on first serve,but was getting into the match finally in the middle of the second,holding rather easily and really troubling Vika.Too bad she was broken so early otherwise I wouldn't rule out another 3 setter between them.Nice try still,good to have one great win in the bag.Prepare yourself for the doubles match coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.J.CHANfan View Post
East West Bank Classic Singles R1- TierII
Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) vs. Aravane Rezai (FRA) -Back onto hardcourts!
::Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) def. Aravane Rezai (FRA) 61 64

East West Bank Classic Singles R2- TierII
[8]Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs. Yung-Jan Chan (TPE)
:8]Victoria Azarenka (BLR) def. Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) 61 63

----------

East West Bank Classic Doubles R1- TierII
[1]Chan/Chuang (TPE) vs. Jill Craybas/Abigail Spears (USA)
:1]Chan/Chuang (TPE) def. Jill Craybas/Abigail Spears (USA) 76(1) 62

East West Bank Classic Doubles QF- TierII
[1]Chan/Chuang (TPE) vs. Daniela Hatuchova (SVK)/Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
:1]Chan/Chuang (TPE) def. Daniela Hatuchova (SVK)/Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 61 62 -in 50 mins.
(Day 3 ends.)

Last edited by RND : Jul 24th, 2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Day 3 results.