ODDS to win Ausy Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 24th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #1
country flag MikeJones

MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of MikeJones has much to be proud of
ODDS to win Ausy Open

Martina has great odds, 35 to 1! Jelena too

Justine Henin-Hardenne 5 to 2

Maria Sharapova 3 to 1

Amelie Mauresmo 5 to 1

Kim Clijsters 10 to 1

Nadia Petrova 12 to 1

Svetlana Kuznetsova 20 to 1

Serena Williams 20 to 1

Martina Hingis 35 to 1

Venus Williams 25 to 1

Nicole Vaidisova 20 to 1

Elena Dementieva 50 to 1

Ana Ivanovic 40 to 1

Jelena Jankovic 30 to 1

Anastasia Myskina 50 to 1

Patty Schnyder 80 to 1

DOUBLES PARTNERS FORE-EVER
Watch out for TAMIRA PASZEK
She's coming soon to a TOP 10 NEAR YOU! -said by me, 1-30-2007
MikeJones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ODDS to win Ausy Open

I'm a Nadia fan, but I wouldn't bet her to win the title at 12-1. I mean, Kim almost won it in 2004, and she's 10-1.
I can't wait for the tournament, though.
It's the only major until late May.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #3
country flag LH2HBH

LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nadia's odds are fair. If she could put 3 or 4 matches together at her playing her best, she could take home the hardware.

Nice to see Jelena Jankovic on the radar. I think she's becoming a favorite of mine!
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #4
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena I cant wait
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #5
country flag cartmancop

cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future

Oh wow, I would definitely bet a small amount on MH with those odds...I mean I just don't see Vaidisova or Venus having a 'better' shot @ winning based on current events...
cartmancop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #6
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguydsl View Post
I think Nadia's odds are fair. If she could put 3 or 4 matches together at her playing her best, she could take home the hardware.
I hope so, but Nadia's fans deserve better odds.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #7
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute

Martina's odds are good. Maybe it'll be worth 20 quid.

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #8
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

hingis has lower odds than vaidisova and venus. elena has lower odds than the serb girls and the same odds as myskina.

another lovely job by the oddsmakers.
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #9
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDACHi View Post
hingis has lower odds than vaidisova and venus. elena has lower odds than the serb girls and the same odds as myskina.

another lovely job by the oddsmakers.
The bookies make a very good living doing this. I think these odds are reasonable. Hingis will almost certainly get further in the tournament than Vaidisova or Venus but I'd give Vaidisova or Venus more of a chance of winning the whole thing. It's only a matter of time before Vaidisova breaks through and so the bookies don't want to offer too good odds on her, in case they lose it all. Venus has shown the ability to come from nowhere to win a major, so again the bookies don't want to risk too much on her. Hingis hasn't shown that she could beat 3 top players in a row for a long long time now.
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #10
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention Elena hasn't beaten two top 10 players in a row since 2004. So I think those odds for her are good. Jankovic is more likely to beat some top tenners in a row than Elena, now. I mean, Jankovic beat three at the US Open and pushed several of them to three after that, it's not like she's lacking the capability to win a Slam.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #11
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

i like how vaidisova has equal or better odds than serena, venus, dementieva, and kunetsova

Grand Slam [oJankyoNutcrackeroAnaresoVeeo]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oNastyaoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoMomooVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #12
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigDvorak View Post
Not to mention Elena hasn't beaten two top 10 players in a row since 2004. So I think those odds for her are good. Jankovic is more likely to beat some top tenners in a row than Elena, now. I mean, Jankovic beat three at the US Open and pushed several of them to three after that, it's not like she's lacking the capability to win a Slam.
seriously? the australian is elena's worst slam, and she STILL has a much better record than jelena there. elena has proven herself capable of going deep into slams, with 2 finals, 2 semis and 2 quarters. jelena has a semi. and elena is ranked 4 places higher than jelena.

ps- elena beat mauresmo (4th) and pierce (6th) in the 2005 fed cup final.
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #13
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute

Why shouldn't Nicole's odd's be good?

Her game suits the rebound ace quite well.

If she has everything going, she can go far.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 03:52 AM   #14
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Cup is separate. No one gets ranking points by beating anyone on Fed Cup. But yes, that aside, one week of the past two years she managed to beat two 10 players in a row.

Jankovic is blossoming. We'll see if she continues that next year.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #15
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems Hingis should have better odds than that!

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote