~Petra Martic~ - Page 322 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #4816
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Disappointing I wonder if she will ever find some form again.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #4817
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles are the only thing keeping her afloat these days.

Speaking of which, she's playing her R16 match today, teamed with Barthel against Hrdinova/Pliskova. Stream will be available around 18:00 CET.

Good luck Petra, God knows you need all the match practice you can get.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:11 AM   #4818
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Doubles are the only thing keeping her afloat these days.

Speaking of which, she's playing her R16 match today, teamed with Barthel against Hrdinova/Pliskova. Stream will be available around 18:00 CET.

Good luck Petra, God knows you need all the match practice you can get.

Well, they both (Mona and Petra) have something in common, both floundering beyond belief. The pairing in doubles is most apt., for they lost in the lst round in doubles, as well. At least they are consistent in losing early.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 05:55 AM   #4819
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

And today in the streaming for a place in the semis, instead of Jurak/Moulton-Levy vs. Martic/Barthel it's Jans/Olaru vs. Hrdinova/Pliskova...
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #4820
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
Well, they both (Mona and Petra) have something in common, both floundering beyond belief. The pairing in doubles is most apt., for they lost in the lst round in doubles, as well. At least they are consistent in losing early.
At the moment Petra and Mona are the two players with the biggest gap between talent and results. It's really hard for me to see them slumping for such a long time.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #4821
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
At the moment Petra and Mona are the two players with the biggest gap between talent and results. It's really hard for me to see them slumping for such a long time.
I think you should add Sabine to your comment. Save for Wimbledon, Sabine is just as bad. These 3 players (all faves I might add) are at or near mid 20's and are floundering beyond belief, as mentioned. There is no excuse for them at their respective ages not to be comfortable with themselves and the Tour to compete and execute proficiently with their respective game and talent, especially as it pertains to Mona and Sabine, for they've won titles, both possessing top-10-15 talent. Coaching can only do so much. It's up to the player, especially with the Tour experience these players have, to be self-confident, prepared and ready to compete and execute consistently their game. However, for the most part their game is sloppy and error-laden, errors that are for the most part unforced, but in the case of Petra her ground game is loopy, light (lacking power) and slice dominant, which is not going to cut it in addition to being too skinny. Yet, save for the disaster at the AO, for the most part Petra hasn't been losing with bad score lines, like 1, 2 or 2, 2. She's been competitive by score, but she's losing to players she should beat, including her last match against Peer, for she's the better player.

I wonder sometimes if these players watch films of their matches, including their respective coaches, so that they can see what they're doing wrong and make some adjustments. If they did, especially in the cases of Mona and Sabine, they can see the awful display of tennis and correct their mistakes, seeing an improvement in their next match in how they execute.

I don't know what it's going to take to turn Petra around, save for putting on some weight, eliminate the over use of the slice, flattening out her ground game from the baseline and being self-confident, which can only come by winning. Her coaching change hasn't resulted in any changes to her game, which was expected, for his resume wasn't very good. Yet, she can't afford a better coach, for her purse is too light. Petra is just going to have to find the resolve within herself at some point, for she's heading for the ITF circuit in singles and has to play doubles on the Tour in order to keep her purse from having a hole in it. Mona is not very far behind her at the moment with the doubles pairing in Poland duly apt for 2 players on the same page in terms of the decline in execution, highlighted by ranking droppings. Sad for my girls and a downer for tennis for me thus far this year, which also includes Petra K., who I thought was going to have a stellar career coming off '11. As a fan, it's been disappointing for sure......
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #4822
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

7 days before Katowice :

3 days after Katowice :

She doesn't care for her career

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 06:03 AM   #4823
country flag ma re

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that she doesn't care anymore, but I'd assume she must be feeling pretty awful about everything and is putting up a facade (also, we can only guess if the pics are new or just recent posts of older onesa). And who could blame her for wanting some time off, having watch her ranking hover around 100 (dropped from 97 to 109 this week) and not experiencing all that many victories this year.

Some time away from tennis might actually be just what she needs.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #4824
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

She is in the main draw at Roland Garros

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 07:34 AM   #4825
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
She is in the main draw at Roland Garros
Really want to be happy about that but I just can't. She'd benefit more from playing some (at least slightly) lower ranked opposition and trying to fight her way through to the main draw at this point. She is not match ready and lacks confidence to beat the vast majority of players in that field.

But I guess you never know, she might get a miracle and have a ton of luck and pull another one of those crazy Paris runs this year...I certainly hope so.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #4826
country flag Greco

So ..

21.4 WTA Marrakech (MD)
28.4 X
5.5 CH Trnava 75k (MD)
25.5 Roland Garros (MD)

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #4827
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

[5] Muguruza vs Glushko
Soler-Espinosa vs Voegele
Martic vs Peer
Mayr-Achleitner vs [2] Svitolina

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #4828
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

No expectations tbh
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #4829
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Peer again
Why couldn't she draw some WC for once?
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #4830
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
No expectations tbh
I do have expectations: I expect that she'll lose.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread