~Petra Martic~ - Page 299 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 05:42 AM   #4471
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Won 6-2 6-4
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #4472
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Friedsam def. Nara 6:3, 7:5
Martic def. Kerkhove 6:2, 6:4

Not much to say about Friedsam, never played Petra, has (this match included) 18:3 win-loss ratio in the past 7 weeks, during which she beat our Ana Vrljic twice, both times in straight sets, but has also lost this year to another of our Ana's (Konjuh) a few months back on clay. Of course, Ana K. is great on clay, while Friedsam feels more comfortable on hardcourts, but it's still worth mentioning. Friedsam obviously can't keep this form going on forever and Petra is playing pretty solid tennis lately, however PM will have quite a big task ahead. And now all we need is for streaming to get back for this match.

Good luck Petra!
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #4473
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Congrats, Petra

Friedsam is a talented young german player and i expect her to become a TOP-50 player at least. Her serve is very good, and unlike most of the WTA players she is quite impressive on her second serve. She also has a strong backhand, whereas her forehand is a bit shaky at times.

She twisted her ankle in december of last season and also received a knee injury during the wimbledon qualies, and that's why her season hadn't been that successful until July. But after that she won two 50ks and a 25k, so at the moment she is an in-form player.

Nonetheless i expect Petra to win, because i still regard her as one of the greatest talents on the WTA tour and under normal circumstances she is the better player.

But given Petra's erratic performances of late, i expect a rather close match, something like 64 75.
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #4474
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Here's how Petra's point breakdown looks at the moment:

AO 5
Florianopolis 1
IW 5
Miami 5
Katowice 70
Marrakech 1
Cagnes-Sur-Mer 1
Rome 1

RG 5
Nottingham 110
Nottingham II 18
Wimbledon 160
Budapest 30
Bad Gastein 30
Toronto 30
Cincinnati 30
Quebec City 30
Ningbo 1
Beijing 1
Linz 1 - 16th result, to be replaced next
Nanjing 22

With current points from Taipei (22-1 for replacing Linz) she can't move higher than roughly #114 and in order to reach AO MD ranking (#108) she needs about 50 points. A win against Friedsam would get her close to that (44 points), and two more wins (85 pts for the tournament) would surely be enough. Of course, there's still Dubai to be played next week and luckily (if we can call that lucky) Petra has enough 1's in her 2013 to be replaced so a bit less to worry about.
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #4475
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Friedsam def. Nara 6:3, 7:5
Martic def. Kerkhove 6:2, 6:4
Anna-Lena

Quote:
30.10 Friedsam b. Tomljanovic 64 64
14.10 Friedsam b. Vrljic 62 63
9.9. Friedsam b. Vrljic 63 63
29.4 Friedsam b. Mrdeza 62 57 76

11.6 Friedsam b. Vekic 63 46 62
28.5 Friedsam b. Savic 16 76 63

11.4 Friedsam b. Mikulcic 75 61

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #4476
country flag ma re

Well, considering ALF lost a set to Mrdeza and was beaten by Ana K. (both of whom are good claycourters) maybe we're in for a pleasant surprise. Petra's defensive skills and that slice of her's in particular could maybe do some damage.

P. S. Doubles today (with streaming) around 1 PM CET.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #4477
country flag ma re

Doubles match is underway and it's streamed...or so they say, cause when you start the streaming all you get is a white screen...
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #4478
country flag ma re

Three breaks so far, Martic/Zheng lead *4:3
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #4479
country flag ma re

[3]Martic/Zheng vs Kania/Solovyeva 6:4, 0:0*
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #4480
country flag ma re

Just confirmed a break in the 2nd set - 2:0*; this win alone would be enough for Petra to get back to top 80 of the doubles rankings.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #4481
country flag ma re

Broken serving for the match, but then broke straight back - *6:5
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #4482
country flag ma re

Wasn't easy, but a win is a win (6:4, 7:5) Next up is Chan/Xu, yes the same Xu who teamed up with Doi last week in Nanjing to stop Martic/Zheng in the semis. Here's hoping for some revenge.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #4483
country flag ma re

Second match after 14:00 local time tomorrow on C1. In other words, streaming should start around 9AM CET - if it ends up working. It better be
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #4484
country flag ma re

Petra's match could start in about 30 minutes (maybe) and none of the streams from Taipei are working at the moment. Why am I not surprised...
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #4485
country flag ma re

Stream is working, match soon to start!

P. S. Looks like they're waiting for Petra to come out
Closed Thread