~Petra Martic~ - Page 291 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #4351
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Won 60 60
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #4352
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

What?

First double bagel in her career?
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #4353
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Huh??? Is this for real?
Well done!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #4354
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

First a big "thank you" to whoever said this tourney offers streams from two courts which made me wake up at least 30 minutes earlier than I normally would, in the hope of finding the non-existing live coverage Oh well, at least I got to follow this exciting development via live scoring

Anyway, it must feel good for Petra to double bagel for the first time in 6 years (I checked). It's probably the result of a number of factors, and ending that malfunctioning colaboration with the former coaching team must be one of them. I can imagine this at least lifting some weight off of her shoulders and giving a psychological boost. Speaking of which, for the first match under a new coach, this is quite a pleasing surprise. Petra's stats were very solid in that match, 1st serve % steadily over 60, only 2 DF's, around 63% of the total points won I think and just one BP offered to her opponent, which Dushevina obviously failed to convert.

That said, I have a feeling Dushevina was out of sorts today, eventhough she's had some very decent results recently (wins over Puchkova, Erakovic, Keys, Soler-Espinosa, Beck...), and not to mention that she's had a 2:0 h2h over Petra coming into this match, which definately seemed like a valuable mental edge. But these very facts lead me to believe there was something quite wrong with her today. Don't know if it was medical or just a bad day at the office, but she played virtually without her first serve (it was constantly in the 30's) and her 2nd wasn't of much more use, cause she won just 28% of the points off of it. Add 5 DF's into the equation and it's clear Petra didn't have to do too much in this one. Of course, I'm not trying to diminish this win, just trying to get some perspective. Honestly I wasn't sure Petra will win this even after the first bagel came, cause she did win the first set of their previous match as well (6:2), only to lose the next two, but maybe Petra is playing with some new outlook on tennis. Or the new coach got her on the curry-heavy diet to get some turbo charge going on

Jokes aside, great to see her winning so comfortably again, and she'll need all of her solid game against (probably) Morita, whom I can't see losing today to Olga fivematchlosingstreak Savchuk. Morita doesn't have that many impressive wins lately, not even compared to Dushevina, but lately she is losing almost exclusively to good players (Jankovic, Vesnina, Lepchenko, Robson). One advantage for Petra in that match, if we can call it an advantage, will be the fact that Morita sustained an injury in New Haven and played just three matches since. Their h2h is tied at one apiece, with both matches going the distance and Petra winning the last one, this year in Toronto.

But one step at a time, we don't even know the next opponent, so a lot could happen. The important thing is that Petra is back in action and looks to be determined to end the year with something good. Hopefully the organizers will have mercy on us in the next round and give us a chance to watch Petra live, to see how good she is actually playing this time around and what can we expect in the coming weeks.

Overall, exciting times again for Petra fans. Enjoy the ride folks

Last edited by ma re : Oct 29th, 2013 at 07:57 AM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #4355
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

On court in doubles!

Martic/Zheng vs. Friedsam/Ozaki *2:1

Ajmo Petra
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #4356
country flag ma re

Zhartic seem to be cruising through this one - *5:2
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #4357
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, keep it up!
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #4358
country flag ma re

6:2, 3:1*

I know I shouldn't, but I'm already looking ahead...Wang and Zhang had a tough one against Tang and Yang (I'm not making the names up, btw) to set up a match against the winner of this one. I obviously don't see our girls losing this and that would give them a semifinal match against probably Doi/Xu, which could prove tough, but hardly impossible to win. And this would set up a final clash with (probably) the top seeds, Shvedova/Zhang - now THAT would be a good match to follow

Talk about getting ahead of myself...
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #4359
country flag ma re

Won the doubles 2 & 3
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #4360
country flag Natural Joe

Winning convincingly in both singles and doubles

Good luck in your next rounds!
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #4361
country flag ma re

Morita vs Savchuk 6:2, 0:0* - so far expected.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #4362
country flag ma re

In Taipei Petra will at least have to make the QF if she is to get any points. The reason is because once the points for Nanjing are added (no matter how far she goes) her next result to come off after Taipei will be 18 points from the Nottingham challenger, because almost all of her 1's and 5's are from Mandatory events and points from those don't come off for a year. Since 125k tournaments reward R16 with 22 points it would be 22-18=4 for winning a round in Taipei. Of course, in case of a first round exit her Nottingham points would stay and she wouldn't get any for Taipei.

Currently Nanjing points are enough only to get her maybe two spots up. She needs 60 points to secure Melbourne MD and roughly 180 in the next three events to finish the year around #100. That is, of course, because of the points replacing eachother and only 16 best results making up the rankings. So, hard to expect the later but former is quite attainable.

Last edited by ma re : Oct 29th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #4363
country flag ma re

Morita def. Savchuk 6:2, 6:4
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #4364
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Again not on stream tomorrow
What a win
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #4365
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Again not on stream tomorrow
Well not exactly surprising, considering that Japanese and Chinese haven't been on the best of terms in the last...oh well, a few centuries... Hopefully she'll get through, to play probably [8]Schmiedlova, and we'll get to see her then.
Closed Thread