~Petra Martic~ - Page 290 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #4336
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Well, partly I agree there Rex, but big names in the resume don't always mean something great is going to come about. For instance, she's been working (or still is, not sure) with the aforementioned Vedran Martic, who used to coach Ivanisevic - you'd think that'll bring her to some great results, but since he was more of a coaching assistant to her team rather than the main coach, his influence probably wasn't that big. Still, one would expect more from such a partnership. So for now I'm looking forward to this change cause things can hardly get any worse for Petra than they already are.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #4337
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well, partly I agree there Rex, but big names in the resume don't always mean something great is going to come about. For instance, she's been working (or still is, not sure) with the aforementioned Vedran Martic, who used to coach Ivanisevic - you'd think that'll bring her to some great results, but since he was more of a coaching assistant to her team rather than the main coach, his influence probably wasn't that big. Still, one would expect more from such a partnership. So for now I'm looking forward to this change cause things can hardly get any worse for Petra than they already are.
Ma re, I don't know Petra's extensive background in her native land, so I'm asking whether V. Martic is related to Petra, given their last names? Secondly, I partly agree with your observation that a coach with a big name resume doesn't mean something of significance will occur down the road, for nothing is guaranteed, but a coach with a big name resume does bode well for optimism given the coach's track record of coaching players that have made a dent on the Tour, as opposed to those who haven't. Petra's new coach, given his stable of players he's coached, doesn't stoke the fires for optimism, given the substandard career of Craybas, the ineptness of Julia and Lisa abandoning singles. I wanted an established coach with a resume of significance, for Petra's potential hasn't been tapped, imo, and needs someone to bring this out ere she has a career like Craybas (she's bordering on journey woman level). A Sanchez, who coached JJ and Lisicki, Zeljko Krajan (a good coach and excellent choice, if hired), who coached Safina and recently Robson ere leaving the ladies to coach Marcos Baghdatis, are two of the coaches, plus Ivanovic's recent coach, that come to mind that I believe could tap, hone and establish Petra's game, as opposed to this new guy, and make me, for one, "optimistic" for Petra's immediate future, making her more aggressive from the baseline and honing her all-court skill level, which I still believe can be top-20 with changes and weight.

"Yet", on second thought, maybe Petra can't afford those aforementioned coaches, for her prize money is not significant to employ them on a full-time basis and they would have to volunteer their services against the potential earning ability if the changes they make to her game results in ascension and going deep in tourneys. So, maybe this is the best she can do with limited earnings at her disposal.

Well, again, we'll have to wait and see how this unfolds and just hope for the best for my girl, for I love Petra's game.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #4338
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
Ma re, I don't know Petra's extensive background in her native land, so I'm asking whether V. Martic is related to Petra, given their last names?
Good points all over in the previous post there, just wanted to say that if you scroll a few posts above you'll find two articles from Croatian newspapers which I translated earlier today and one of which answers your question (no, they're not related)
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #4339
country flag ma re

On a side note - did you know that Petra weighs more than MaSha and is shorter? And Maria obviously has no issues with generating enough power on her shots. Yet everyone keeps talking about Petra needing to put on weight in order to become physically stronger. Btw, I didn't make up the info, it's right there on WTA profile pages. And yes, I'm painfully aware of how ridiculous those WTA numbers sometimes sound...
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #4340
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the record, Chaudhuri was never Julia's coach per se, but hired as a "fitness coach", so when evaluating him you shouldn't blame errors in Julia's game on him, just her lack of fitness.

So far he has worked at the same time as Craybas' coach and as Julia's fitness coach, so it's possible that he might continue to work on a "time-share" basis, that's why I asked earlier whether he is hired full-time.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #4341
country flag ma re

Coming up for Petra...

Nanjing 125k
Taipei 125k
Dubai 75k

Go for it Petra
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #4342
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Finish the season strong.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #4343
country flag croat_soup

croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Coming up for Petra...

Nanjing 125k
Taipei 125k
Dubai 75k

Go for it Petra
Ride the bike home Petra!
croat_soup is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #4344
country flag ma re

[4] Morita vs Savchuk
Martic vs Dushevina (h2h 0:2, tough draw)
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #4345
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

When does her match start?

Good luck, Petra.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #4346
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
When does her match start?

Good luck, Petra.
She is not on the OOP for tomorrow so her match will probably be played on Tuesday.

She is also in the doubles draw, seeded #2 alongside S. Zheng, they play Friedsam/Ozaki in R1 (also not tomorrow).
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #4347
country flag Natural Joe

^ Thanks! I'll check the tuesday OOP as soon as it's out then.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #4348
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

GL Greatra Goatic !

Doubles MD
Quote:
Gajdosova/Gavrilova v Liang/S.Sun
Doi/Xu v (4)Begu/Wickmayer
Tang/Yang v Y.Wang/Y.Zhang
Friedsam/Ozaki v (2)Martic/Zheng

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #4349
country flag ma re

Did someone in one of the threads say that CA and C1 are streamed (CB is obviously not as Tereza was playing on it today and there was no stream)? Well that would be nice as Petra is playing both of her matches tomorrow on C1, first singles as the second match of the day (around 6 AM CET) and then doubles as the last match of the day on the same court (around 10 AM CET).

Good luck Petra!
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #4350
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

*3-0

but i must go to sleep -______-

I hate Asia -_-

4-0 .. YAAAS !

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread