~Petra Martic~ - Page 279 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #4171
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

At least no bagel...
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #4172
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Disappointing!

I hope one day Petra gets aware of her huge talent.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #4173
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what was that.

In the first Petra played pretty well until 4:2, then started rushing and that was the end of S1. If only she were more assertive and positive at 2:3* and took one of the chances I have a feeling that whole set could've gone the other way and who knows what would've happened afterwards. It's sad, cause Maria was well below her best today and ready to, at the very least, lose a set. In the first one she looked more like #60 than 16, with all the errors, shaky serve and poor shot selection on Petra's less than perfect shots. But Petra did her fair share of poor shot selection as well, case in point not going forward after a wonderful DTL at 2:3, extending unnecessarily this point on BP (she won it in the end, but it still showed she's not mentally in the match).

Second set seemed to have started better, but again, Petra rushed on crucial points and instead of taking her chances she soon found herself 5:0 down. Needless to say that frustration marked the entire second set performance by Petra. She just gives into it way too easily and doesn't show that trait which all great players have - the strenght to get themselves out of trouble when things get tough. It's depressing now that Kirilenko will probably go to reach at least the 3rd round after standing toe to toe with petra for almost the entire first set. Serve was doing great today for Petra, which is not always the case, and that makes this even tougher to swallow.

All in all, I see this as a wasted opportunity and by the looks of it this season is gone for Petra. The goal for the year is probably just to try to secure AO MD, but with this sort of game I'm not too sure even that will be achieved. Sincerely hope that I'm wrong.

Still to play doubles today, at least that seems like a chance to snatch a win. Let's see if she'll be mentally prepared for that one.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #4174
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #4175
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

I see that Petra made qualies for Cincy. Draw is out and she plays URad in the lst. "If" she wins, her 2nd round opponent is the winner of Pironkova v Maria-Teresa-Torro-Flor (?), likely Pironkova prevails, where you know Petra doesn't have a chance of prevailing against Tsvetana. At least one can say she's a participant in Cincy.
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #4176
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Wow, what a hideous draw. The top seed in R1 and her nemesis in R2
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #4177
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Time for a surprise Petra!
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #4178
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw indeed. Do your best, Petra!
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #4179
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Go Petra!
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #4180
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra won
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #4181
country flag Natural Joe

Wow, what a brilliant win for Petra! Exactly what she needed right now.

Martic def. U. Radwanska 6-4 4-6 6-4

Plus she avoids her "enemy" next round and plays against Torro-Flor instead.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #4182
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Martic def. U. Radwanska 6-4 4-6 6-4

But it was actually 46 64 64--Petra came back from a one-set deficit to win!
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #4183
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

It was 4:6 0:3....
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #4184
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
It was 4:6 0:3....
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #4185
country flag ma re

Wow! Party time

Talk about a huge win, both in result and the way it came. Just when you think all is lost for the year, she does a great surprise! Really hoping she'll take advantage of the draw now and qualify. GL Petra!