~Petra Martic~ - Page 269 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #4021
country flag pocetak

pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Now it's just matter of time. Shame.
pocetak is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #4022
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Man, this is frustrating. From winning like 14 points in a row and being a break up to *4-5...
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #4023
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

please hold

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #4024
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

She is just hopeless. To have such a powerful serve and to be broken 4 times, really poor.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #4025
country flag pocetak

pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice pocetak is just really nice

Yeah, this is it. 15-30

But deserved defeat in the end.
pocetak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #4026
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

This is nothng new in Petra's game and I still can't believe many here expected to see her reach SFs.
How delusional...
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #4027

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

If only she could have somehow turned this around, it would have been something special...
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #4028
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Cant believe

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #4029

Ah better player won, expectations regarding Petra need to be much lower anyway.
Hope she can win some more matches this year.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #4030
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

And that's it. Another defeat, another rollercoaster lost.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #4031
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty disappointed...really thought she would have a chance to at least win the second set.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #4032
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Petra

Poor shot selection from Petra for most of the time. Scheepers was nothing special today.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #4033
country flag MalJackson

MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of MalJackson has much to be proud of

scheepers was really poor aswell

martic needs to get mentally stronger and improve movement
MalJackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #4034
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

When is she going to put some weight on her body and put some power on her groundstrokes to establish her baseline game? She overuses the slice and dropper, which are her principal weapons in her ground game. When a player (Pironkova, for instance, who owns her) hits through the slice and defends the dropper Petra has nothing else to counter her opponent to keep her in the game, for she arms most of her forehands and her two-handed backhand is not hit with much depth and power, just reaches out and flips her forehand back across the net, which is a weak shot, doesn't get into position to return by driving her shots with her arms, body "and" legs, enabling her opponent then to drive Petra back with power, putting Petra on the defensive, where more often than not she loses the point. Her serve is nice, but her ground game should be revised with some added weight on her body. Otherwise, she's becoming lst round fodder material with 3 wins at a tourney her limit, contingent on who she draws at an event. She's only 22, but she's bordering on journeywoman level. This match was clearly a winnable match, but Scheepers adjusted to the slice and dropper and finished Petra off. She's not going to slice and drop herself through a tourney and expect to win a title on the Tour level. May work in ITF events, where the talent is marginal-to-poor, but not on the Tour.

Last edited by Rex59 : Jul 12th, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #4035

^^
Well said, so true all of that.
I hope she changed her coach, needs changes ASAP.
Closed Thread