~Petra Martic~ - Page 251 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #3751
country flag labelof

labelof is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ~Petra Martic~

0-15 nice play from Petra
she has quite a crowd on her side here it has to be said btw,
15-15 after unlucky net call (quite a few of thos etoday)
15-30 UE Tati
15-40 UE Tati
2 match point, AJMO
6-3 UE Tati
labelof is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #3752
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

GSM Petra!
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #3753
country flag labelof

She somehow managed to win this, i can't believe the second set she played though.
Iva Majoli in the crowd giving advice to her and commenting on the match - not sure i like that.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #3754
country flag labelof

100 points, and a very good draw in the second round, but she must play better than this
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #3755
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that Petra can play lot better after today's fuckery.

Still very important 100 points.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #3756
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

My first post here.

Congrats to Petra and good luck in the next round!
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #3757
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

It was great to see Iva Majoli in the end.
She is doing good job supporting all Croatian players, it can only be helpfull!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #3758
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Go girl

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #3759
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Now, when emotions are down, I have to congratulate Petra for a win in first round
In first set, she was playing perfect, hitting corners with first serve whenever she wanted, played agressive, Tatishvili helped a lot with her unforced errors, but it came often as a result of anger and frustration caused by Petra's game. She had a break point 30:40 at 1:0 in the second set, and when she didn't take advantage of it, chokefest started She started playing like crap and let Anna to dictate points, and as the time went by, Tatishvili had more and more confidence and everything was going in her favour. In third set, both players had poor presentation, Petra was lucky that Anna missed those forehands at break points on 3:2 in decider. Without winning that game at 3:2, Petra would crumble . A big hold at 4:3 closed out the match actually, and there was nothing more her opponent could do.
A good win to get some confidence, but her serve( which served her well with 10 aces) must be more consistent, she needs to be careful with those dropshots and come towards the net right after she hits the drop, because it's awkward to play volley from service line, and that happened many times today( volleys were extremely bad for a player like Petra). The one thing I don't see is a better movement, she seems so lazy sometimes.
Next opponent is Karolina Pliskova who crushed Petrova, Petra will have to play better to beat her, but she did it in Nottingham, I don't see why couldn't she repeat it again GL in the next round
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #3760
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Live rankin: #117 +25

If she win in second round: cca. #102

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #3761
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome. What a great day for tennis.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #3762
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Petra beat Ka. Pliskova 3 and 3, on grass, just three weeks ago. Let's hope she can do it again, this time on the much bigger stage.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #3763
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Her draw is really wide open. GL
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #3764
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Pliskova is a complete servebot. Petra should be able to beat her but this won't be easy.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #3765
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I joined the match at 1:3 second set yesterday, and was obviously appalled by what I saw. Petra's serve was everywhere, her DTL's were two feet too long and her head was some place else. Tatishvili was winning more and more rallies, using her greatest asset (her mobility), and bit by bit she was taking over the control of the offense. With that situation going on, there's no other way in which the 2nd set might've finished. Start of the third proved to be the crucial part of the match, and we have to be fair that Petra had also some luck during those first several games of the final set. Sure, the main thing is that she kept on trying, but faith was on her side in some deciding moments too. The one who controled the attack held the match in her hands, and in the third this was Petra. Things starting going in after the break and she started playing a much smarter match towards the end.

This is an incredibly valuable win for Petra, eventhough it came as a result of sub-par performance. It's acutally great to see her winning a match eventhough she was playing far below her best. Points will be of great help, as this will at least ensure she gets seeded in USO qualies, although there's still enough time to make the main draw. If she wins another match she'll again be Croatian #2btw. Draw looks really great, let's hope this is a start of something new, maybe a time when Petra will make the most of her chances on the biggest of stages and go back to where she belongs.

Looking forward to R2 (and to streaming ...)!
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread