~Petra Martic~ - Page 226 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #3376
country flag Greco

Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Week 18: WTA Oeiras qual 235.000 $
Code:
Qualifying entry list:

1- Lucie Hradecka (58)
2- Olga Govortsova (60)
3- Johanna Larsson (65)
4- Anna Tatishvilli (67)
5- Marina Erakovic (68)
6- Lesia Tsurenko (70)
7- Lara Arruabarrena (72)
8- Annika Beck (74)
9- Garbine Muguruza (77)
10- Mathilde Johansson (79)
11- Camila Giorgi (82)
12- Maria Teresa Torro Flor (84)
13- Melanie Oudin (87)
14- Elina Svitolina (90)
15- Petra Martic (91)
16- Yulia Putintseva (92)
17- Karin Knapp (99)
18- Monica Puig (101)
19- Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (102)
20- Bethanie Mattek Sands (103)
21- Maria João Koehler (104)
22- Estrella Cabeza Candella (109)
23- Nina Bratchikova (110)
24- Galina Voskoboeva (113)
25- Teliana Pereira (116)
26- Shahar Peer (118)
27- Sesil Karatancheva (119)
28- Stefanie Foretz Gacon (120)
Week 19: ITF Cagnes-Sur-Mer 100.000 $

Code:
1 Romina OPRANDI (SUI) 522 Anna TATISHVILI (GEO) 68 
3 Pauline PARMENTIER (FRA) 81
4 Arantxa RUS (NED) 86
5 Misaki DOI (JPN) 89
6 Elina SVITOLINA (UKR) 90
7 Mandy MINELLA (LUX) 92
8 Alexandra CADANTU (ROU) 95
9 Petra MARTIC (CRO) 100
10 Monica PUIG (PUR)103
11 Shahar PEER (ISR) 107
12 Tatjana MARIA (GER)109
14 Estrella CABEZA-CANDELA (ESP)111	
15 Maria SANCHEZ (USA)112 
16 Teliana PEREIRA (BRA)118
17 Kai-Chen CHANG (TPE)	122	
18 Julia COHEN (USA) 124
19 Sharon FICHMAN (CAN)	125
20 Vania KING (USA) 126
21 Marta SIROTKINA (RUS) 129
22 Claire FEUERSTEIN (FRA) 139

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★

Last edited by Greco : Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #3377
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Petra and Kristina are in quarterfinal action today and play Klemenschits/Klepac. Entering doubles is a really good move at this point in my opinion, as Petra needs matches most of all, not to mention that doubles can infuse some extra confidence into her. At the same time last year Petra already made 742 pts since the start of the season, while this year she is at just 216, and that's counting yesterday's win. However, with the game she showed in singles coupled with the experience they have as a team, I think they are serious contenders for the title here.

As for singles, what's there to say. On the positive side, Petra showed quite a good level of tennis considering how little she played this year, not to mention the conditions and the opponent. It was nice to see her fighting so hard throughout the match. As for the not so nice things, there were obviously chances that she didn't take and Francesca wasn't exactly on top of her game yesterday. Of course, whenever you play Schiavo you have to know that she has virtually endless energy levels, and even if the match went the distance I'm not sure Petra would profit from it.

All in all it was a solid performance and something to build on for the weeks to come. The points from winning a match would've come handy at this point, but what can you do about it. You win some, you lose some, that's life. The important thing is to keep fighting and working hard and I'm sure the results will come.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #3378
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Just ran into Kristina's WTA Marrakech blog (http://www.wtatennis.com/blogs/artic...log-those-days) where she added a picture of her and Petra from the player's party and says, among other things:

My doubles partner, Petra Martic, was playing her singles match against Schiavone on center court, so I went to support her a little bit. Unfortunately she lost, but I thought she played some great tennis. She took some rest afterwards so I was just waiting for our match a little bit..

Even after a defeat she was still smiling and in a good mood - I like it! Our doubles match was great. It was a pretty solid one as we won 62 61 against the French pair of Beltrame/Thorpe. Petra and I are two big servers and today it was almost impossible for our opponents to break our serve. I think we complement each other very well in doubles - we both feel the doubles game and are volleying well, which is very important. We have been very good friends since the junior years and have a lot of fun on the court together too, so you will always see us smiling and laughing and enjoying our time together.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #3379
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana and Petra wont be able to play Portugal Open without WC. At least Mirjana surely, Petra if she wins today.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #3380
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Petra/Mladenovic beat Klemenschits/Klepac Score was 46 63 108

Next up: Savchuk/Scheepers. Good luck!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #3381
country flag Greco

Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
I kind off think Halep in R2 is bigger threat than Francesca. GL Petra
Schiavone def. Halep 63 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Petra/Mladenovic beat Klemenschits/Klepac Score was 46 63 108

Next up: Savchuk/Scheepers. Good luck!

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #3382
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

good win in doubles. hopefully doubles will help her singles game
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #3383
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Schiavone def. Halep 63 62
Just confirms that Petra's result is indeed very good. Great to see them sneaking through another close doubles encounter. Hopefully one will be streamed.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #3384
country flag ma re

An in-form Cornet didn't fare much better either - 4 & 4 (I know, Cornet on clay is not exactly world class, but still).

Today Petra's doubles semi is coming up (will be streamed on LSH starting from 17:30 CET), they're facing an unseeded team of Savchuk/Scheepers. Hope they bring out the goods one more time at least, cause Petra's doubles ranking has been suffering lately as well, and she is currently #87. With this result she will jump to around 81 and has no points to defend until Paris, where last year she made one win in doubles. In case of a final, she'd jump to around 77 and with a title to about #73.

Good luck!
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #3385
country flag ma re

Petra and Kristina a step away from the final against Savchuk/Scheepers - currently they lead 6:4, *4:0! The only "drawback" is that LSH took down the stream right before the match
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #3386
country flag ma re

It's a bird! It's a plain! It's...a bagel!
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #3387
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Chance for first WTA title
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #3388
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #3389
country flag Greco

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #3390
country flag ma re

Petra's final is the first match of today's schedule, but the question is when is that. Both LSH and WTA state the start of Stuttgart at the same time (14:00), but they disagree on Marrakech - one says 14:30 and the other 12:30 which doesn't even make sense with different time zones as the time difference between local time and CET is just one hour.

Anyway, after them Schiavo will take on LDL in the singles final () after taking out Scheepers yesterday 7:6, 6:1 (). Can you tell I'm pissed about it...?

Ajmo cure