~Petra Martic~ - Page 222 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #3316
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

I agree with that commentators. Petra is sticking around at same place for 2 years already. It such a shame of that talent (you remember match against Wickmayer in Paris two years ago I think) like her. If injuries are "guilty" for that, I would rather say that her team for condition is not that good as they can't prepare her to be in more or less same shape more than month and that is why she has so many oscillations in her game and is injured so frequently.
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #3317
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Everything Sam Smith said was 100% true.
For me, she's one of the most complete players on tour. I can look at any top player and still Petra is more complete. She's got it all, she has power in her game, moves well, strong first serve and big kick on second. She has the most amazing dropshot and great volleys.
But she doesn't have a clue what she should do on court. She doesn't have a plan, at times is way to passive and at the moment lacks confidence. I hope her next tournaments will be 100k Prague and 75k Trnava. If she wins one she gets good points, and she's a level ahead of girls at such tournaments. She needs confidence and match play. She'll get it at challengers.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #3318
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sam Smith was right about certain things she said about Petra...her return of serve wasn't good enough yesterday, and she was playing way too far behind the baseline.

She has so much talent though....I think she can improve on the faults present in her game, and reach the top 20 at least. It was a good tournament for her after the injury.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #3319
country flag pestacide

pestacide has disabled reputation

Blame me, not petra i m the coach..
in theory it all sounds great.. Also would be great if nadal could serve and volley like rafter and federer move like dolgopolov..
pestacide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #3320
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestacide View Post
in theory it all sounds great.. Also would be great if nadal could serve and volley like rafter and federer move like dolgopolov..
Difference between those are, when we speak about what Petra should improve are actually some basics (like physical fitness to not have some injury every 3 months and than starting with finding her form all over again what is her main problem last 2,3 years. I mean when finally she finds some form, she always get some injury or illness, this not happen one but few times...not enough sign something is going wrong with current way of preparations?)
And I don't get this comparison of Nadal to have serve and volley like Rafter or Federer to move like Dolgopolov? Simply, they do not need to have it as they have another awesome weapons that make them good enough to beat almost all players on the earth (we can't tell they are favorite only against Djokovic and Murray but they are also able to beat them too) while Petra obviously do not have one great weapon to help her to break at least into top 30 (what was her goal last year and in this year is now barely in top 100 and never was lower ranked since long time).
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #3321
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Petra's team means the best, cause in the end their paychecks depend on her results, so I wouldn't be too hard on them, I just wrote what I heard some (knowledgable and experienced) people say after watching her play. I meant it as a constructive criticism, hoping that it might help her team possibly notice something they've been missing, or get a new perspective on things (you know how people say that to solve a problem you often have to distance yourself from it). That's why we write things which we hear or read onto this forum, not to blame or bash someone, cause I'm sure you all mean her well
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #3322
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thing is federer never moved like dolgopolov and nadal never served and volleyed like rafter BUT Petra used to play more aggressive in the past and she wasn't so lifeless and passive on court before

Sarcasm in your post wasn't really necessary but ok...as you wish we will blame you. Lets hope Petra will find better coach in a future who will manage to push her and her game to the next level (or that old level when she was top 50)

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #3323
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
Sarcasm in your post wasn't really necessary but ok...as you wish we will blame you. Lets hope Petra will find better coach in a future who will manage to push her and her game to the next level (or that old level when she was top 50)

But seriously seems like Petra needs more belief in her abbilities, maybe from people around her too?
She showed already enough times that she has so much talent, for the start if only she could stay injury free for longer period it would already bring good results IMO.
Maybe she just needs more time, it's one thing when coach is telling you to do this or that and another thing to understand it all yourself which is main problem for her.
Anyway I'm sure she will go up in rankings again after clay season, not possible to fall down more.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #3324
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post

Anyway I'm sure she will go up in rankings again after clay season, not possible to fall down more.
With this form and R4 of Roland Garros is coming up to defend soon!
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #3325
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

WTA Marrakech 1. round

Martic v Schiavone [6]

Quote:
(6)Francesca Schiavone v Petra Martic
Q v Simona Halep
(wc)Lina Qostal v Q
(wc)Fatima Zahrae El Allami v (3)Alize Cornet

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★

Last edited by Greco : Apr 21st, 2013 at 12:21 AM.
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM   #3326
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Not the best draw!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:06 AM   #3327
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Schiavo on clay - god help us.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:39 PM   #3328
country flag pestacide

Everyone is right..some good points brought up, but unfortunately nothing new.. The only comment i dont agree with is the fitness and injury.. Petra had a cyst in her knee, thats genetics (bakers cyst) fitness coach couldnt change that..
in terms of game analysis, petra is all cour, hence why not one evident or style of play is evident.. This type of player needs time to flower and mature.. Petra is 22, look at the average age in the top 20.. We are very conservative.. And plan long term.. And the only person i care about is my player.. Not her fans.. Lets make petra martic play tennis at the highest level for a long time, so she enjoys it and secures her life.. Not a spectacle for fans that r busy placing bets and winning/losing.. They should go get a job..
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:41 PM   #3329
country flag pestacide

Pardon tje errors, touch screen phones r no good to me..
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:00 PM   #3330
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Quote:
And the only person i care about is my player.. Not her fans.. Lets make petra martic play tennis at the highest level for a long time, so she enjoys it and secures her life.. Not a spectacle for fans that r busy placing bets and winning/losing.. They should go get a job..
I am sorry but you come off as a controlling asshole and not a very good coach, and totally unprofessional. I hope Petra finds someone better and soon! You have not done much for her.
It may be hard for you to believe not everyone that reads TF bets on tennis. And oh my... actually has a job. Maybe even one more meaningful than yours. Maybe you know something about tennis (not something that can be judged from a forum), but you seem to know nothing about human psychology, which at this level of tennis, and with her amazing natural talent is really all she needs worked on.
You also don't seem to understand where the money your player earns (and in turn you earn) comes from. It comes from people wanting to see her play! So being an asshole to her fans just hurts her in the long run.

I really feel bad for Petra. She seems like a very nice girl and everyone can see just how very talented she is. I wish her well, but she needs to free herself from negative people around her if she is to play up to her potential!
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote