~Petra Martic~ - Page 221 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #3301
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

It's probably the outfit, but you never know. Speaking of which, I fully believe in color psychology and colors such as this one (from the cold end of the spectrum and medium to dark in tone) can actually make a person feel a bit more confident. Of course, hard work on the practice court probably gives better results, but it's still worth mentioning
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 11th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #3302
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

As expected it'll be Kvitova, who took care of Minella this evening 5 & 2. I saw maybe 5 or 6 games (between the last part of the 1st and the middle of the 2nd set) and Kvitova was very inconsistent. At times she couldn't serve to save her life (serving several DF's in a row), while at others she was hitting winners with either serves, returns or volleys. Her rise at the end of the 1st was equally the result of her own improvement and her opponent piling errors. Minella was solid at times, but Kvitova was the dominant factor from the start of the 2nd and you could tell she felt more comfortable and went for her shots much more freely. All in all I'm not impressed by this performance of Petra K. and if our girl comes out focused and hungry she definately has a shot tomorrow. It might be trikcy and very close in the end, cause the Czech is not THAT bad on clay and since we don't know much of Martic's current form, but a focused Martic can win this tomorrow.

It's more than reasonable to expect streaming (probably the last match of the day i.e. 18:00 CET, but do check the exact time), but beware of something interesting we might see tomorrow afternoon. Girls share more than just a name this week - they wear the same kind of outfit, even the handbands are the same! The only difference is the hat worn by Martic and a headband worn by Kvitova. I haven't noticed anything different. Anyway, really looking forward to tomorrow! Good luck Petra M.!

P. S. Martic wears the outfit much better, neadless to say...
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #3303
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Martic plays tomorow at 7pm CET, first match of evening session.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #3304
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

Martic can win if she's playing really well, which she is
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #3305

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra critisized a lot by Eurosport commentators.
They say it's very dissapointing to see no improvements in her game in span of 2 years.
Also they don't understand what is she doing 3 meters behind the baseline all the time in her matches.
They said she has no understanding of her game and is conflicted because she is offensive player with defensive mindset and that doesn't work.
Also wondering what is going on with her behind the scenes to give some sence for her lack of progress.
Really Sam Smith was almost mad to see Petra ranked 91.

Kvitova playing better than in first two rounds and wins first set 63.

Last edited by tennismaster8820 : Apr 12th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #3306

36 26 defeat by Kvitova, expected, Martic seemed a bit rusty and needed to be more agressive on every chance she got.
Good luck in next tournament!
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #3307
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Petra critisized a lot by Eurosport commentators.
They say it's very dissapointing to see no improvements in her game in span of 2 years.
Also they don't understand what is she doing 3 meters behind the baseline all the time in her matches.

Kvitova playing better than in first two rounds and wins first set 63.
GSM moments ago

But there was even more said, like that she seems more like a sparing partner to Kvitova than an opponent, and an observation that her style of play is not suited to her mentality (or the other way around). This last is explained by saying that she is too passive and too negative in her body language (as in, putting herself down too much) and that her playing style can't benefit from it. As a contrast to that, they said, Kvitova's mentality (laid back, positive, assertive) suits her attacking style very nicely. It was also said that Martic only brings her talent to the court when she is defending, and that she should bring it much more often when she is in the offense. I find some of those points quite good and Sam Smith (who said all those things) does notice things well, quite often during the broadcasts. I hope someone from team Martic was watching or will hear/read this.

All in all I'm not hugely dissapointed, but I expected more. Truth be told I didn't really know at what level Martic's form is at the moment, so I might've been too optimistic, but this was still pretty decent from her all things considered. It's a good sign for the weeks to come and I hope she continues to improve as the season moves along.
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #3308
country flag pestacide

pestacide has disabled reputation

Kvitova too good.. Those angles are amazing.. Good tournament petra..
petras,ranking,is easily explained.. Injury.. Her mindset, tough to change.. Confidence is only thing that can do it atm..
bravo kvitova.. Pravo martic.. Keep building,on this and itll be top 50 again..
pestacide is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #3309
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Good news
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
MD change

Cetkovska OUT
Martic IN
WTA Marrakech | 22.4
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #3310
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

I have watched a few matches of Petra's on video and by nature she seems like a rather aggressive player; she was especially so in the match I watched with Meyer-Achlietner. I did'nt watch the match with Kvitova, but lets all remember Kvitova is a big, strong, aggressive gal and when she's on, she's as good as anybody on the planet. There's a reason she is a Grand Slam winner. Unfortunately for Petra, today she was on top of her game. She would've beaten almost anyone in the top 20 today.

Petra is still young. She will, in time, find herself and when she does she'll be a top 20 player. She's tall, strong, and I've seen her be dominating on the court. She's also just coming off surgery as I understand it.

I think maybe she should concentrate on these $235k tourneys until she gets her swag back. Given time, I have no doubt she'll do it.
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #3311
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Kvitova wasn't on top of her game, don't be ridiculous.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #3312
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

All photos

Last edited by Greco : Apr 13th, 2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #3313
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #3314
country flag Greco

Martic v Kvitova | full match

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #3315
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
GSM moments ago

But there was even more said, like that she seems more like a sparing partner to Kvitova than an opponent, and an observation that her style of play is not suited to her mentality (or the other way around). This last is explained by saying that she is too passive and too negative in her body language (as in, putting herself down too much) and that her playing style can't benefit from it. As a contrast to that, they said, Kvitova's mentality (laid back, positive, assertive) suits her attacking style very nicely. It was also said that Martic only brings her talent to the court when she is defending, and that she should bring it much more often when she is in the offense. I find some of those points quite good and Sam Smith (who said all those things) does notice things well, quite often during the broadcasts. I hope someone from team Martic was watching or will hear/read this.

All in all I'm not hugely dissapointed, but I expected more. Truth be told I didn't really know at what level Martic's form is at the moment, so I might've been too optimistic, but this was still pretty decent from her all things considered. It's a good sign for the weeks to come and I hope she continues to improve as the season moves along.
Forgot to mention one more comment from yesterday's broadcast - that she (Martic) doesn't have a clear idea of her game plan and is not sure what her own limitations are. Interesting. Don't know about the second part but I do get a sense sometimes that the first one is true.
Closed Thread