~Petra Martic~ - Page 205 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #3061
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic12 View Post
Why do you even wanna watch a match you believe she'll lose?
I'm obviously going to cheer for her. I just said that my gut tells me it won't end well. I really hope she proves me wrong, as she has many times in the past
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #3062
country flag crotennis2

crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Wow! I am glad to see croatian press has such high hopes for its players:

http://www.hrsport.net/analize/45396...azov-za-vekic/
fortunately I think even less of them then they do of the players

Translation of their brilliant analysis: All 3 will lose in the first round!
mic12 they are good for being truthful, the draw is tough for all. HR2 had interviews last week on tennis, anyone hear? Podcast was online and in VL and SD there was small reports (Dalmacija).
crotennis2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3063
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wow! I am glad to see croatian press has such high hopes for its players:

Translation of their brilliant analysis: All 3 will lose in the first round!
Quote:
Why do you even wanna watch a match you believe she'll lose?
mic12, it's possible to be a dedicated, loyal fan while also being realistic. Not only possible, but even desirable, I would say.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #3064
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
mic12, it's possible to be a dedicated, loyal fan while also being realistic. Not only possible, but even desirable, I would say.
I am sorry, but there is no reason Petra should not be expected to beat Doi. She is ranked 30 places ahead, and has way more experience. If you don't think she can win this, what do you think she can win?
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #3065
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope she's healthy, cause if she is Doi is going down (and under)

Seriously though, no reason for a heated discussion, everyone has a right to an opinion and sometimes we have our little pesky personal demons who plant some doubt even when there doesn't seem to be a big reason for it. Anyway, Petra's draw this time is nothing short of brutal (if she beats Doi and by a small miracle eliminates Maria, she gets to play Venus in R3 ), so I really hope she at least makes the most of this first match. Points are very important here, cause she is defending a lot in the first 6 months of the year, so 100 here would be a considerable relief.

Btw, is AO streaming usually of good quality? I've never tuned in before, so those of you who know more...? Thnx!

Ajmo Petra
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #3066
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

petra hasn't played in a long time and had some injury in the off season. meanwhile, doi had a good (and easy) win against bertens in sydney. petra will have to come out and serve well and stay aggressive, which is hard to do when you don't have matches under your belt
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #3067
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

and it's on! 1-1
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #3068
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

not good so far, rusty movement and poor shot selection

need to find the rhythm Petra!
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #3069
country flag mic12

3-3
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #3070
country flag mic12

lost first set. I still think she can turn this around.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #3071
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Doi is so much more impressive than when I saw her at RG last year, I'm quite impressed

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #3072
country flag croat123

She can turn this around, but she's going to need to play smarter. Where are the slices, drop shots, heavy topspin?
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #3073
country flag croat123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post

Doi is so much more impressive than when I saw her at RG last year, I'm quite impressed
Petra is way too tentative. Doi often ends up too far inside the court, but Petra just can't get the ball deep
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #3074
country flag croat123

Injury timeout for Petra
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #3075
country flag mic12

oh no!!!