~Petra Martic~ - Page 201 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3001
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Now when the season is nearing the end, what do you expect from Petra next year?
I really think she has the quality to got top 30 and win her first WTA tournament.

She really could have done that already but had no luck with injuries. I believe she would be top 40 now if there was no foot injury, also we all know she should have already won WTA title( in bogota last year and this year in Kuala Lumpur).
She has what it takes, great serve, good strokes(especially forehand), fantastic feel for net game and drop shots, I would go that far and say that she's the best player in the world when it comes to drop shots( maybe only Radwanska can come close).
It's now about making it happen. She has to work on her footwork and train a lot, and maybe try to play more two handed backhand. When she gets those things right (if she does) I see her being a fantastic player, she can be as good as Stosur is I believe with the time. And next year top 30? Why not? Cirstea, Lepchenko Ula, Zakopalova, Makarova, Wickmayer are all top 30 players, I think Petra is already at that level, only question is if she can keep it trough hole next year.

it will be important to stay healthy.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #3002
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope she can make the top 30, as she has the game to do it (and higher). She just needs to tighten up her game in places and then we'll see where it will take her. Her variety of shot is excellent, and she has a great serve too.

Hopefully next year will be really successful for Petra!
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3003
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

the biggest problem she has is that she has can't maintain her top level throughout a match. we saw that against vika this week. petra play phenomenal tennis in the middle of that match, but the rest was sloppy
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #3004
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
And next year top 30? Why not? Cirstea, Lepchenko Ula, Zakopalova, Makarova, Wickmayer are all top 30 players, I think Petra is already at that level, only question is if she can keep it trough hole next year.

it will be important to stay healthy.
This is my opinion about Petra's expectations for next year.
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #3005
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Now when the season is nearing the end, what do you expect from Petra next year?
I really think she has the quality to got top 30 and win her first WTA tournament.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. But let me elaborate a little.

She'll have to stay healthy, which goes without saying. She'll have to stop losing in the first round in every-single-freakin-mandatory (except RG), she'll have to work on her focus as much as on her game - if not more - cause it was evident against Vika that she suddenly floats away mentally and can after reaching a break point suddenly make two ridiculous mistakes. With that and not relying on backhand slice so much, she definately has what it taked to reach top 30. Things just need to fall into place.

Start of the season will be very important - not just because it sets you up for the rest of the season, but also because she has very little to defend in the first 7 weeks, so one win in Melbourne would more than suffice in that regard. Apart from KL, she is defending a total of 200 in Copenhagen+Budapest, 280 in RG and 125 in Tokyo. Other points are not that big, so she'll have plenty of opportunity (especially in the 2nd half of the year) to defend everything.

If there's one thing I know, it is that Petra is severly underranked.

P. S. She lost in doubles in Linz too, but at least she and Dani put up a fight.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #3006
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Looks like no visuals for Petra's match with Cirstea tomorrow. Center is only streamed. Schedule is out and they placed their match as the lst match on Court 1. Now, looking at the attached OOP for tomorrow, I question why they did that. Who cares about doubles, the last match on Center? Why not place all doubles match on Court 1 and feature the singles on center, where are all the top-player's matches are featured tomorrow, save for the last match? Duly po'd at the scheduler.

http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/en/...ay_tuesday.php

Last edited by Rex59 : Oct 15th, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #3007
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Cirstea tidily puts an end to Martic's season, 2 and 2 in 52 minutes. No visuals. Now, take a couple of weeks off and then hit the gym, don't skip any meals and return in January 15 pounds heavier. Then, we'll see..... However, come back at the same weight or less, next season will be a duplicate of this season.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #3008
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
Cirstea tidily puts an end to Martic's season, 2 and 2 in 52 minutes.
Not quite yet--she's still in doubles

She and Minella are playing right now against J-Salkic/Khromacheva. They won the first set 64 and are tied at 3-all in the second.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3009
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

They got broken to go down 3-5 but broke right back--at love, no less
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #3010
country flag networthy

They got broken again to lose the second set 46

But they won the third 10-4
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #3011
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

i just don't like her losing to Cirstea, one of the worst player to ever exist
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #3012
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
i just don't like her losing to Cirstea, one of the worst player to ever exist
I see what you did here
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM   #3013
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Where does Petra start her season?
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 01:50 PM   #3014
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

She's playing in the French interleagues these days for practice. No clue what her first event will be
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #3015
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfulTruth View Post
Where does Petra start her season?
I haven't read any interviews of her's recently, and the first MD lists are surfacing these days (I've only seen Auckland and there are no Croats in the MD), so we can only speculate. Of the past 4 seasons 2012 was the only one which she started in Melbourne - 3 years before that she would always play something before AO.

Anyway, her start of 2012 was pretty awful so she's at least not defending much (one win in Melbourne would more than make up for all the points until Kuala Lumpur).

I'm really looking forward to the new season. For Petra, it's a slim chance that it could be worse than the last one.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread