~Petra Martic~ - Page 195 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #2911
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

You are right about the qualies in Beijing, I didn't realize that last direct acceptance in 2011 was at #57, which definately means that Petra can't count on MD directly. But given her current form, playing qualies might be even better, and it could help her with the points too - this way she only needs to qualify and win a round (doable I'd say, especially with just 2 quali rounds) to earn 110 points. That's how much she earned in Tokyo too (I forgot that Tokyo is P5 and Beijing PM and gave some wrong info in my earlier posts), so she really has a chance to reach #60 maybe even already in Beijing; she needs about 70 pts to get there once those from Tokyo are added.

Last edited by ma re : Sep 26th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #2912
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

18 DF's?
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #2913
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

So close
Could've been really a breakthrough tournament for Petra, after the bad period she's having since Roland Garros. However, a win over Kvitova and a close lose to Petrova should boost her confidence big time. Still a really bitter scoreline.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #2914
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

18DFs is glaring
did not follow the scoreboard, not sure if these cost her any critical break in the 3rd

but i'm just happy she's finally back

good luck in Beijing
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #2915
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Same as against Kerber at RG...her serve crumbled
Great fight though!
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #2916
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for the Beijing quali draw I'm trying to focus on positives in Petra's 2012 journey, as hard as it may seem.

She reached her first ever WTA final and made a breakthrough in majors, reached her career-high singles and doulbes ranking (42 and 54 respectively). But then it all went donwhill, and Petra could easily end the year ranked lower than she started it (she entered AO - her first event of the year - as #55).

After Tokyo she will be ranked around #68, and if she can do reasonably well in Beijing (qualifying and winning a round in MD, for example), she could go up about 10 more places. That wouldn't be bad, but when you consider that she was aiming at finishing the year inside top 30...

Hoping for a decent draw
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #2917
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Puckhova in R1. She's a DF machine, is really lucky to be in TOP100 since she hasn't beat one good player all year. She really should beat her.
Eleni or Morita in R2.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #2918
country flag ma re

Not a bad draw, although FQR could be tricky. She lost to Morita 3 years ago in Auckland in three sets, while she leads 1:0 againt Eleni, but that one was played on clay where Petra is I think better than the Greek. That match also happened 3 years ago, in Prague (Petra won 4 & 2).

Good luck!
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #2919
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Waiting for the Beijing quali draw I'm trying to focus on positives in Petra's 2012 journey, as hard as it may seem.

She reached her first ever WTA final and made a breakthrough in majors, reached her career-high singles and doulbes ranking (42 and 54 respectively). But then it all went donwhill, and Petra could easily end the year ranked lower than she started it (she entered AO - her first event of the year - as #55).

After Tokyo she will be ranked around #68, and if she can do reasonably well in Beijing (qualifying and winning a round in MD, for example), she could go up about 10 more places. That wouldn't be bad, but when you consider that she was aiming at finishing the year inside top 30...

Hoping for a decent draw
Well, she missed about half the season due to injury. Next year she'll have plenty of chances to make up the points
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #2920
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Petra likely handles Puckhova, but if Daniilidou loses to Morita, Ayumi is no gimmie opponent. Outcome is iffy, for sure....

Last edited by Rex59 : Sep 28th, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #2921
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Morita dismissed Daniilidou easily, 2 and 2
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #2922
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post

She reached her first ever WTA final and made a breakthrough in majors, reached her career-high singles and doulbes ranking (42 and 54 respectively).
And let's not forget that she got her first top-10 and top-5 wins (Bartoli and Kvitova).
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #2923
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Well, she missed about half the season due to injury. Next year she'll have plenty of chances to make up the points
Petra is defending very few points--fewer than 100--until the last week of February. She'll have a few chances to advance as early as next month and again in January and February.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #2924
country flag networthy

Petra is off to an inauspicious start against Puchkova. She's down 1-4 and broken twice
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #2925
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

No words......... Better luck next year.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote