~Petra Martic~ - Page 194 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #2896
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Any other time Nadia would crumble!
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #2897
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

fight petra!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #2898
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

2-0 for petra. Much better start this time!
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #2899
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

4-0! please don't blew it
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #2900
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

4-0! She deserves this set!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #2901
ajmo!

5-1
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #2902
country flag mic12

5-1 two more points
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #2903
country flag mic12

5 set points!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #2904
ajmo!

this was fast. gl in 3rd set
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #2905
country flag mic12

Yes! I can go to sleep now! If she can play a little better she's got this!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #2906
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Nadia crumbles in the tie break instead.

And my live score went mad with all the excitement.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #2907
country flag jetglo

Oh well
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #2908
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooooh, such a bummer So close to her first ever QF on a Premier event... Points would've really come handy, but still a very nice run and surely a valuable week for both, her game and her confidence. Still obviously far from where she wants to be game-wise, but no shame in losing so tightly to one of the most in-form players this season (#18 in the 2012 Race). She should definately consider some of those late Oct./early Nov. ITF's I mentioned earlier.

P. S. Scanning Petra's playing activity from previous years I couldn't help but notice one interesting run - as #237 at '08 Portoroz WTA (a $145k event) she took out #135, a certain A. Kerber in straight sets, afterwards Zakopalova in 3 and then lost to Goerges in 3. Talk about how things change...
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #2909
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Well, Petra competed for 3 sets, 2 sets went into the breaker (sets 1 and 2), but couldn't come through in the end. 18 doublefaults is surely not a positive contribution to the effort, especially with Nadia nailing 15 aces. Stats appeared to be pretty even, tho', outside of the aforementioned with Petra saving 9 of 14 breaks. However, I like the competitiveness, regardless of the loss, and can only hope that she continues to show resolve and compete as well as she did in this tourney with the proviso of cutting down on the DFs. Beijing is next, but it appears that she'll have to labor through qualies due to low ranking.

Last edited by Rex59 : Sep 26th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #2910
ajmo!

Nadia's playing well lately. Had Sharapova in NY, this week won two matches easily until this.
From where she was at the start of the week (Petra) I think she gain a lot. Best win of her career, good match with Petrova. ANd she was 60 10 down to a player that I don't think has won a match in year. GO Petra