~Petra Martic~ - Page 189 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:02 AM   #2821
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: ~Petra Martic~

^nice pair, but Nuria and Sania would be very tough
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM   #2822
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra gets bageled by Petkovic in first set!

Can anyone play worse than Petra from all players inside top 100?
I mean when she is bad she is REALLY bad.
I guess we can't expect anything from her untill next year maybe.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM   #2823

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe she can win set.
But yeah good that she made result more respectable.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM   #2824

Wow she served it out actualy.
What crazy scoreline so far...
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:47 PM   #2825

Petra in third set without single ace, that's a shame for someone with her serving potential.

Edit: and then she serves first ace at 41 lead in final set...
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:59 PM   #2826
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra holds for 5-1 after a very long game
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM   #2827

Petra won 06 64 63
Good luck vs Kvitova!

Whatever I posted in this thread was big fail.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM   #2828
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

yes! fantastic win Petra, so needed at the moment, couldn't be better, take a rest and good luck in r2
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:20 PM   #2829
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Congrats to Petra for recovering from a bagel in the lst to take the next 2 sets. Honestly, I didn't think she'd recover to get this victory, especially after getting waylaid by Stosur at the USO and losing meekly in Quebec, thinking that she was lacking resolve. However, this recovery is significant, showing a lot of heart. Most impressive recovery and subsequent victory, indeed. Too bad there wasn't a stream. Hopefully, there will be one for her match with Kvitova. Looking forward to such......2 faves.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:22 PM   #2830
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Petra won 06 64 63
Good luck vs Kvitova!

Whatever I posted in this thread was big fail.
Petra's serve is weird. She hit 5 aces in her last three service games after hitting none up to that point in the match
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM   #2831
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Great win Petra, I'm so glad she's back.

tennismaster
jetglo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM   #2832
country flag TimeyWimey

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM   #2833
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Big congratulations to Petra for this very important win. Yes, it's only R1, but for her confidence and overall process of returning to courts this is priceless!

I knew it could be close, that Petkovic is also out of form after being absent for so long from competitive tennis, and that she can get nervous when things are not going right, not to mention that Petra has an array of weapons which is something that can demoralize an agressive opponent. Of course, with Petra having her fair share of trouble this year, no one thought it'll be easy, especially with Petkovic's career achievements in mind, but I hoped for an open contest and got my wish. Honestly, I would've even been OK with just a set from Petra against Petkovic at the moment, and especially so after seing how the first set developed, but then she obviously turned something around and did so in a match against really good opposition. It's something she can be proud of, cause winning after getting bageled in the first set is no easy task regardless against whom you're playing.

Really hope she can bring something nice to the court against another Petra. Martic is still obviously far from any sort of on-court momentum, so there's no imperative of result, that much we know. It'll be a good chance to come into the match against a great player in a big venue with nothing to lose.

Give it your best Petra. Good luck
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #2834
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Too bad for Petkovic, because she really needed this win too, but I'm thrilled for Petra. She defended practically all her points until mid-February!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #2835
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Martic/Hlavackova are out of the doubles, replaced by Jurak/Marosi.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread