Come in if you ever met Lindsay... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #1
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
Come in if you ever met Lindsay...

I am so happy I saw her play twice...The first time at Madison SQ Garden when she lost to Demented at the YEC...and once at the Pilot Pen when she got bagled by Venus in the second set...then she took a pic with my nephew and and signed his oversize tennis ball...It's in his room to this day...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #2
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come in if you ever met Lindsay...

At the 2005 US Open, I waited at the practice courts for ages to get her autograph, it was really hot so I went to grab a drink, and when I got back she was gone

Then I came back at the '06 Open, didn't make the same mistake, and got her auto
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #3
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute

i saw her beat defending champion novotna in the quarter-finals of wimbledon 1999. that year was the best year she has ever served at wimbledon, she went on to win it that year....

i can't believe we'll probably never see her play again but i'm happy for her at same time
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #4
blue249

blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all blue249 is a name known to all

I met her and Jennifer the same year. I can't believe that whole generation of US tennis players are retired or injured.

Going to have to start watching men's tennis...
blue249 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #5
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
At the 2005 US Open, I waited at the practice courts for ages to get her autograph, it was really hot so I went to grab a drink, and when I got back she was gone

Then I came back at the '06 Open, didn't make the same mistake, and got her auto
How much did that whole trip cost you?

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #6

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
How much did that whole trip cost you?
Nada

I nearly got Serena's but she only signed one and then left
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #7
country flag MCM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of MCM has much to be proud of

Wow, I consider myself lucky to have finally gotten the chance to at New Haven this year. She has always been one of my top three favorites, and if this is the end, I'll miss seeing her play terribly. Nontheless, congratulations Lindsay...I'm sure she'll make a great mother!
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #8
country flag crazyroberto6767
Registered 1

crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute crazyroberto6767 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never gotten her autograph or spoken to her, but I've seen plenty of her matches at the US Open. This news definitely makes me appreciate even more being able to see her 3r match live @ the Open this year. An already unforgettable match has been made even more special as it's probably the last time I'll see her play.

Lindsay*ElenaD*Milagros*Mary*Svetlana*Nuria*
Mashona*Dinara*Laura*Chrissie*VeraD*JelenaD*Lucie*

Ana*Sania*Shuai*Katarina*Nadia*Chanda*Ai*
crazyroberto6767 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #9
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Lindsay play 3 of her final 4 matches at Wimbledon, including the final. Moments I'll never forget.

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #10
country flag geoepee
Team WTAworld

geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron Giles View Post
I am so happy I saw her play twice...The first time at Madison SQ Garden when she lost to Demented at the YEC...and once at the Pilot Pen when she got bagled by Venus in the second set...then she took a pic with my nephew and and signed his oversize tennis ball...It's in his room to this day...
I was there at that match as well...

I stood right next to Lindsay at the US Open one year and our eyes met. Even though I'm an inch taller than her, she made me feel short....

I also saw Lindsay at this years Pilot Pen vs. JHH.....I want my money back! LOL
lliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenus
WilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVen
usWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsV
enusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliam

Good Luck to Venus Williams in 2006!
Official Alchemist of the Royal Court

WGTA - A. Stevenson (5) - S5 Australian Open Champion [GS]
WITT - A. Stevenson (6) - S1 Mexican Open Champion [T2]
LTT - A. Stevenson (25)
UTT - A. Stevenson (16)
geoepee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #11
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Nada

I nearly got Serena's but she only signed one and then left
Damn that Serena one But maybe its a good thing you didn't get it because I'd come down to your house and steal it
And how did it cost nothing?

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Damn that Serena one But maybe its a good thing you didn't get it because I'd come down to your house and steal it
And how did it cost nothing?
I was a VIP

I have family in NY
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #13
moon

moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen Linds play a bunch of times, the last being at this year's USO against Srebotnik. I was cheering my heart out for her (she had match points against her). Little did I know, that might have been my last time seeing her live.
My most memorable interaction with her, was giving her some fan letters from wtaworld one year down in Miami. I felt like I was looking up at a skyscraper.
I really hope she plays the USO this year, but it's probably wishful thinking.
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #14
country flag Justin

Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future

1994 Chase vs Pierce and 2000 Chase vs Dementieva.
Shino Tsurubuchi
"Men's tennis and women's tennis are almost two separate sports. If I was to play Andy Murray I would
lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes." -- Serena Williams
Justin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #15
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

saw her play her 2005 and 2006 new haven quarterfinals.