Justine - ITF World Champion 2006 (POY) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #1
country flag explorer

explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of
Justine - ITF World Champion 2006 (POY)

http://www.itftennis.com/abouttheitf...e.asp?id=17187

Justine and Federer named 2006 ITF world champions.

Congratulations Justine

Last edited by explorer : Dec 11th, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
explorer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #2
country flag pigmalion

pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of
Re: Justine - ITF World Champion 2006

well deserved

.[ALLEZ].
pigmalion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #3
country flag Louis Cyphre

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Justine - ITF World Champion 2006 (POY)

Noone was better then Justine and Federer in 2006
Sad that they are not among my faves...

Българският форум за тенис
Louis Cyphre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #4
country flag Stavie

Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute Stavie has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo Justine n Roger!!
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #5
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Dumb itf, Amelie should have got it. Since when did Justine compete in all the fed cup ties? She didn't even play a full schedual. I like Justine, but this time Amelie should have got it!
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #6
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
Dumb itf, Amelie should have got it. Since when did Justine compete in all the fed cup ties? She didn't even play a full schedual. I like Justine, but this time Amelie should have got it!
It doesn't say that she did, just that she helped Belgium get to the final which is quite true. They would have lost the QF if she hadn't played. She won her two singles matches, where Kim lost the opening one. Amelie, in 2006 Fed Cup, lost a crucial rubber to Schiavone.

I think what cost Amelie more than anything else was lack of consistency out of Slams.
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #7
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Justine A well deserved ITF World Champion

She's been the most consistent player throughout the entire season taking part in all four slam finals (winning one), winning the YEC, taking part in the Fed Cup final & excelling in the other renowned tour events that she has participated in. Plus she has the best W/L record, finished No.1 in the World & won the most titles out of any player in 2006 so how can someone say she doesn't deserve it.

Being ITF World Champion isn't bout winning slams all the time. It's important but being consistent out of the slams is what counts as well too. I know some ppl are saying amelie should of won the accolade instead but face it, justine was the more consistent than her outside of the Tour events & even in some of the slams as a matter of fact. (no offence to amelie, she's had a brilliant season & the best one in her entire career. so credit to amelie as well too )

But this is Justine's time to shine though Once again, congrats to her

Also congrats to Roger on another terrific season as well too Such a wonderful champion he is
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #8
country flag narrisch

narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of narrisch has much to be proud of

congrats Justine & Fed

Good luck to:
Pierce, Golovin, Pin, Dechy, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Petrova, Henin, Molik

Bammer, Paszek, Meusburger, Hofmanova & all the other austrians Davenport & Clijsters

Last edited by narrisch : Dec 11th, 2006 at 11:57 AM.
narrisch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #9
country flag Ntour

Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future Ntour has a brilliant future

congrats justine!
"I Let Her Take Advantage Of Me, And I Feel Violated"
"She Hit A Lot Of Lucky Shots"

- Serena Williams, After Losing To Henin

GAMES
WMFT - J. Henin #15
Ntour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #10
country flag pooh14

pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of

i am torn to choose between Justine and Amelie.
In my opinion, both had a fantastic year, followed by Maria.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #11
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Should've been Amelie.

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #12
country flag LadyLil

LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of

Two slam wins makes Amelie POY in my book.
LadyLil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #13
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki View Post
It doesn't say that she did, just that she helped Belgium get to the final which is quite true. They would have lost the QF if she hadn't played. She won her two singles matches, where Kim lost the opening one. Amelie, in 2006 Fed Cup, lost a crucial rubber to Schiavone.

I think what cost Amelie more than anything else was lack of consistency out of Slams.
I think ITF looks at Slam record and FedCup ties more then anything. Justine was more consistent in slams, 4 finals and has more points then Amelie, plus she won all her 4 single rubbers in FedCup and kinda reached the final there too.

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #14
country flag rottweily

rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
Since when did Justine lose a singles match in the FedCup?
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #15
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottweily View Post
Since when did Justine lose a singles match in the FedCup?
I didn't say she did lol.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote