Tati's best match in 2006 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What was her best match this year ?

OGF vs Petrova 1 3.45%
OGF vs Mauresmo 0 0%
Antwerp vs Clijsters 1 3.45%
Miami vs Sharapova 14 48.28%
NH vs Kuznetsova 0 0%
USO vs Petrova 0 0%
USO vs Sharapova 3 10.34%
Stuttgart vs Schnyder 3 10.34%
Zurich vs Vaidisova 7 24.14%
Other (plz specify) 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 03:06 PM   #1
country flag FrenchY52

FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Tati's best match in 2006

1 - OGF QF, vs Petrova : Won 3-6 7-6(7) 6-3, saved 2 MPs

2 - OGF SF, vs Mauresmo : Lost 7-6 5-7 2-6, had 1 MP

3 - Antwerp 2R, vs Clijsters : Lost 6-4 6-7(7) 5-7, served for the match

4 - Miami SF, vs Sharapova : Lost 3-6 7-6(5) 3-4, saved MPs

5 - New Haven 2R, vs Kuznetsova : Lost 0-6 6-2 4-6

6 - USO 3R, vs Petrova : Won 7-5 6-7(7) 6-3

7 - USO QF, vs Sharapova : Lost 6-7(4) 6-7(0), had 2 first set points

8 - Stuttgart SF, vs Schnyder : Won 6-1 5-7 7-5

9 - Zurich 1R, vs Vaidisova : Won 6-2 6-0

10 - Other, Specify (Stanford Semi, FC vs Vaidisova, etc..)

Last edited by FrenchY52 : Dec 3rd, 2006 at 03:14 PM.
FrenchY52 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 03:17 PM   #2
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tati's best match in 2006

I think her best match was definitely against Sharapova. If she played like that all the time she would be top 10.
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:12 PM   #3
country flag AnneSo006

AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of AnneSo006 has much to be proud of

I think her match against Sharapova in Miami was definitely the match of the year... even if the end was
When you watch this match, you know that Tati could have been Top10-Top15 in 2006... that's really a shame she got injured!

I think her matches against Mauresmo (OGF) and Schnyder (Stuttgart) also rock!

Come on Tati! First title and Top10 in 2007!!!!

First title: Amelia Island 2007! BRAVO TATI!!!
AnneSo006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:13 PM   #4
country flag .:sk:.
Fightiana!!! <3

.:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute

Her match against Sharapova in Miami was her best tennis I ever saw. I'm sad that she got injured in the third set. Like selyoink said: If she ever plays like this she will be a top 10 player!
.:sk:. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:16 PM   #5
country flag FrenchY52

FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute

I also think she did a great match in Miami, but she wasn't really offensive.She was playing pretty short and was often only trying to hit the ball in. That's the difference with the last part of the season (Stuttgart, Zurich) where she was able to do everything .. So i vote for her match against Schnyder and particulary for her great first set..
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:24 PM   #6
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Stuttgart SF, vs Schnyder : Won 6-1 5-7 7-5
I went crazy when she won, and thank god she didn't choke, she actually fought back

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM   #7
country flag TennisPlayingFox

TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute

I would say her match against Maria at Miami. She fought so hard and was playing so well!
Peng-Petrova-Sharapova-Clijsters-Hantuchova-Craybas-Dulko-Gronefeld-Fujiwara-Srebotnik--Kirilenko-Chakvetadze-Pironkova-Laine-Hingis-Camerin-Parmentier-Schnyder-Voskoboeva-Medina Garrigues-Makarova-Cirstea-Cornet-Jankovic-Zvonareva-Rodina-Coin-Groth-Safarova-Dokic-McHale-Begu-Panova-Falconi-Dolonts-Soler Espinosa
TennisPlayingFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM   #8
country flag Fired
Tennis?

Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute

Her match against Nicole (Zurich) was the best I've seen her playing ever... She was simply too agressive for Nicole (even though she was playing like shit) and didn't let her find her rythm. The the match against Sharapoo obviously.
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM   #9
country flag orfeus

orfeus has disabled reputation

Well, hard to say ...but since I have to choose just one, I think it's her Miami SF...I can't help but appreciate how tough she was out there, saving the MPs...as to the Stuttgart match against Schnyder, I'd actually pick the third set rather than the first one (poor sleepy Patty there), because - as Craig put it - she didn't choke and managed to break her opponent at last...
orfeus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 10:22 PM   #10
country flag rseto

rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of

i actually think uso against sharapova. 2 tiebreakers (should have gone to a 3rd set) against the eventual champion. miami was also good but tati was getting dominated in the 1st half of that match. uso was a more even performance and it was in front of a big stage.

honorable mentions to stuttgart (schynder) and fed cup (vaidisova).
rseto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #11
country flag NeverSayDie
Registered 1

NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future NeverSayDie has a brilliant future

Her match against sharapova in Miami definitely. She played so well it was a shame about the injury
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #12
country flag FrenchY52

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #13
country flag MarineGoTati

MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all MarineGoTati is a name known to all

For me, there's no doubt: Miami agaist Sharapova!
But she played really well in all these match, I was histeric during her match against Mauresmo in OGF and Schnyder in Zurich too!
MarineGoTati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #14
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute

I think USO against Masha... Really showed her potential by pushing the eventual champ more than anyone else in the comp was able to, even the number 1 & 2 players in the world!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #15
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Her win over Nicole Vaidišová at Zürich, without a doubt. Nicole is a brilliant player, admittedly she was tired and unwell that day, but Tatiana absolutely took her to the cleaners.

I contrast that performance with the losses against Maria Sharapova at Miami and the US Open (the only other times I saw Tatiana play in 2006), where Tatiana was too passive too often.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote