32 or 48 Players Maindraw? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #1
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Question 32 or 48 Players Maindraw?

Info from the Website says 48 draw, but WTA say 32...

Moorilla Hobart International receives boost for 2007

Player field increased to 48, prizemoney to US$170,000

HOBART, May 23rd - Already one of the Tasmania’s most popular sporting events, next year’s Moorilla Hobart International will boast several significant upgrades tournament organisers announced today.

Following the success of the tournament in 2006, the continued strong support of naming rights sponsor Moorilla Estate and the Tasmanian State Government’s $750,000 grant to upgrade the clubhouse, next year’s event will see increased prize money, a larger draw and more sessions.

The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour has recently agreed to increase the main draw size of the Moorilla Hobart International from 32 up to 48 players. Players at the 2007 event will be competing for more prize money than ever before, with a figure of US$170,000 on offer for players, up from US$145,000 this year.

The increased draw size will mean more matches on offer for the public. The final will move back to its original timeslot on the Saturday and create a “Super Semi Final’s Friday”, with both a day and night session.

Tournament Director Michael Roberts said the State Government’s funding, Moorilla Estate’s support and continued backing from the Tasmanian corporate sector and public would ensure the long-term success of the Moorilla Hobart International.

“With upgraded facilities, more players, additional matches and increased prize money the Moorilla Hobart International continues to cement its position on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and enhance its reputation with the players,” said Roberts.

“The Moorilla Hobart International final will again be broadcast around the State on Southern Cross television, and furthermore, we are investigating the option of showcasing the event to an international sporting audience as part of a deal involving all the Road to the Australian Open tournaments.”

Domain Tennis Centre President, Peter Armstrong, said ‘I am delighted with the substantial increase in the tournament draw size and the interest that will be created by higher ranked players. With the re-development occurring at the club we are really looking forward to next year’s event. It certainly has become a major international drawcard on the state’s sports calender.’

The Minister for Sport and Recreation, Bryan Green, said the Tasmanian Government was proud to be supporting such an important international sporting event.

“We’ve provided assistance through Events Tasmania to once again secure this event in Hobart on top of the $750,000 provided for the Domain Tennis Centre to help it cater for such prestigious events."

“This grant went towards upgrading the club facilities and further improvements to the change rooms will be completed by the 2007 tournament."

“Having world-class facilities has meant that Tasmania has played host to many national and international competitions and that our own local players can train on superior facilities, giving them the best chance to compete and succeed outside Tasmania."

The Moorilla Hobart International will be staged at the Domain Tennis Club from 5 – 13 January 2007.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #2
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 32 or 48 Players Maindraw?

Very confusing, I admit.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #3
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

from everything that i can see Hobart is a 32 draw

Fact Sheet, Entry Forms
find out soon enough when the entry lists come out on Wed.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #4

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

just too weird

see the doc attatchment
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus

Last edited by TheBoiledEgg : Nov 20th, 2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #5
country flag kirstin05

kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all kirstin05 is a name known to all

the tournament director says its a 32 draw (although he hasn't said that to the media or anything, just in random talks i've heard), and they are not redeveloping the courts. Hobart would need at least one extra show court to host a 48 draw, so its not happening in 2007. maybe 2008 tho!
kirstin05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #6
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

we shall see when the EL comes out
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #7
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

usually a tier IV event doesn't have a 48 player main draw. we'll have 2 wait & see when the tourney is bout 2 begin.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #8
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

no WTA tourney has a 48 player draw...so its unlikely that tier IV hobart will

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #9
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole idea behind getting rid of Canberra was increasing Hobart md to 48! well thats what i thought!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #10
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
The whole idea behind getting rid of Canberra was increasing Hobart md to 48! well thats what i thought!
That's what I thought too.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #11
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
just too weird

see the doc attatchment
so that is the Official Entry Form for tournaments
my grandmother can do a better job of formatting
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #12

its definately a 32 draw.

and that doc isnt the actual entry form. its a c/p job from the website (online form)