Madrid vs. Barcelona - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Madrid vs. Barcelona

Madrid 6 35.29%
Barcelona 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 15th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #1
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Madrid vs. Barcelona

Hey all. I'll be travelling to spain this January. I would like to visit either Madrid (to see the Prado) or Barcelona (Sagrada Familia). I was thinking of going to both, but I realized that might be difficult.

Anyway, for those of you from Spain or have been to either of these cities, I would love hear about your experiences. Give some advice as to what to do, what to visit, what to see, maybe where to stay? I might be staying at a hostel so if you guys know of any good ones, I'd love to know about them -- travel books can be deceiving. I'd also love to know how the weather is there in January.

Also, vote where I should go, and please say why!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited by shap_half : Nov 15th, 2006 at 09:25 PM.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #2
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP! Travelling to Spain in January

Talk to some people who just went to Madrid for YEC. They stayed in a hostel there. Some are writing about it in the Peng forum and the Na forum, why don't you see Spanish Armada too.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #3
country flag controlfreak
Team WTAworld

controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute controlfreak has a reputation beyond repute

They are both very nice but Madrid just edges it.
controlfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #4
country flag Kunal

Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute

id recommend barcelona over madrid....i went there in 99 i think....and it was not too long after the olympics....loved the city.....madrid is a bit more chaotic from what i can recall
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #5
country flag !Gio!

!Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute !Gio! has a reputation beyond repute

Both are amazing cities. Barcelona is better IMO, better nightlife, better architecture, a unique mix of people from all over the world, a much better climate, not to mention its along the Mediterranean coast.

There is a certain charm that Barcelona has that no other city in the world can offer, so artistic, so laid back, such an atmosphere
!Gio! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #6
country flag Andy_

Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute Andy_ has a reputation beyond repute

Been to both, and spent enough time to fall in love with both

Ghyorghy above was correctly pointing at a few characteristics that make Barcelona a lovely place to be, but Madrid really has a lot of good sides, too! Yeah, you might have to endure a harsher climate - hotter in the summer, colder in wintertime - but if you're after art, you'll love Prado, Reina Sofía and Thyssen-Bornemisza, which you'll find one after another pretty much along the very same avenue
Nightlife has a lot to offer, in different areas of the city, and the whole city center has a lovely feeling about itself.

Barcelona feels warm, relaxed, and art-wise you're gonna lova the whole of gaudì's production, not to mention other museums and little jewels scattered around the city - the Sagrada familia being but one of them.

As a matter of fact visiting both would be harder, coz they're not that close. It wouldn't be a problem, if you could spend some extra money and fly from one to another. Otherwise there's plenty of trains and coaches you can choose among. Even the slower option (the coach) would take you from Madrid to Zaragoza in about 3.5 hours and it would then take you another 3 to reach Barcelona.

Andy_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote