Nadia in 2007! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #1
country flag sailorbadass91

sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice
Nadia in 2007!

How well do you think Nadia will do next year? Will she finally win a slam?!

GO NADIA!!
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nadia in 2007!

I think Nadia will get into the top 5 after the US Open.
I don't know if she will win a slam.
I wasn't satisfied with her Linz final or last 2 YEC matches.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #3
country flag Ferosh

Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute

The most important thing for Petrova in 2007 is her health. In order to avoid anymore injury related problems, I really hope that Nadia learns how to schedule her tournaments correctly.

My ideal schedule for Nadia would consist of the following 17 tournaments:

Auckland
Sydney
Melbourne
Paris
Antwerp
Dubai
Doha

Miami
Amelia Island
Charleston
Berlin
Roland Garros

Eastbourne
Wimbledon

San Diego
Los Angeles
Toronto
New Haven
Flushing Meadows
Beijing

Luxembourg
Stuttgart
Moscow
Linz

If Nadia performs poorly at any of these events she can always take a last minute wildcard as she is now a gold-exempt player. If she does decide to enter any events last minute, it is preferable for her to consider tier 1 events first (Tokyo, Indian Wells, Zurich, Rome).

You may have noticed that I have excluded Amelia Island as one the events for 2007. Miami is still a mandatory event, and thus will count as on the 17 tournaments used in the rankings. The last thing I want is for Nadia to play a whole month without any R&R. We are all very well aware of what happened this year, when Nadia did not take any time to recover.

During the off-season, I really hope Nadia works on her mental strength. It is very important that she not go into mental lapses against the big players (Sharapova) during the most important points of the match. Another major change in on-court attitude wouldn't hurt. I know it has improved this year, but the attitude still needs a lot of work. It cost her two matches at the YEC.
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 01:34 AM   #4

sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice sailorbadass91 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think Nadia will get into the top 5 after the US Open.
I don't know if she will win a slam.
I wasn't satisfied with her Linz final or last 2 YEC matches.
Aren't you a downer...Nadia's already in the top 5...so I don't think she's going to fall all year just to come back next September...

She's always played great in March-May, so that'll be good for her ranking...
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Kim took the #5 spot this week. And making the top 5 again would be a good achievement.
Nadia's highest rank was #3, and she only had it for a week or two.

Old Nov 13th, 2006, 10:16 AM   #6

She would have had it for a longer span of time had she not injured herself during the French Open...
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

But when she came back, she didn't play like a #3.
Nadia, to move up, has to get a lot more points than Justine, Maria, Amelie, Kim..
that's not easy.

Old Nov 13th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #8
country flag goldenlox

It will almost impossible to move up until the summer, when she has no points to defend.
She ahs a chance to be a #1, but she has to play like she did in the spring.
Play like that all year.

Old Nov 13th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #9
country flag lilimi

lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute

if she has fun on court, she could do well since AO!! i expect her to be top 5 at the end of 2007.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #10
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute

Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
It will almost impossible to move up until the summer, when she has no points to defend.
She ahs a chance to be a #1, but she has to play like she did in the spring.
Play like that all year.
I agree that she has the best chance of dramatically increasing her ranking next summer, but she's also done well from January to May, so if she plays even better, she'll even manage to gain more points...
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #12
country flag TennisPlayingFox

TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute

I expect Nadia to have a really good 2007. I think she should challenge at all of the majors, especially Roland Garros. She's defiantly got the game to win a grand slam, hopefully she will be able to in 2007!
Peng-Petrova-Sharapova-Clijsters-Hantuchova-Craybas-Dulko-Gronefeld-Fujiwara-Srebotnik--Kirilenko-Chakvetadze-Pironkova-Laine-Hingis-Camerin-Parmentier-Schnyder-Voskoboeva-Medina Garrigues-Makarova-Cirstea-Cornet-Jankovic-Zvonareva-Rodina-Coin-Groth-Safarova-Dokic-McHale-Begu-Panova-Falconi-Dolonts-Soler Espinosa
TennisPlayingFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #13
country flag goldenlox

Nadia can be #1 if she stays healthy.
But I'm going to keep my expectations realistic, and hope she finishes in the top 5.

Old Nov 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #14
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPlayingFox View Post
I expect Nadia to have a really good 2007. I think she should challenge at all of the majors, especially Roland Garros. She's defiantly got the game to win a grand slam, hopefully she will be able to in 2007!
I agree
Rui. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #15
country flag Verdasco

Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold

I'm going to see Nadia play Molik at Hopman Cup on December 30th in 2006. I have tickets

I'll take some pics and maybe videos and post them on here.
Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote