Don't you think it's a bit unfair? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #1
country flag Nickitos2006

Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold
Don't you think it's a bit unfair?

Justine won 2 matches, has 4-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.
Maria also won 2 matches, has 4-0 win/lost sets record. As a result – she still may not even reach semis…

Last edited by Nickitos2006 : Nov 10th, 2006 at 04:06 PM.
Nickitos2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #2
country flag Paul.

Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Don't you think it's a bit unfair?

thats the way it goes in round robin - its all dependant on other results
Paul. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #3
country flag Justine Fan

Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Justine is the "chosen" one
Justine Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #4
country flag shibster

shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of

yeah, it's very unfair. cos justine will not be guaranteed first place in the first place.

and also....mauresmo has a 1-1 record in matches, can finish 1st place in the group if she wins over justine. aw~~~~~ WTA is just so freaking unfair!
shibster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #5
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickitos2006 View Post
Justine won 2 matches, has 3-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.
Maria also won 2 matches, has 4-0 win/lost sets record. As a result – she still may not even reach semis…
Justine's won/lost set record is 4-1.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #6
country flag -jenks-

-jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute -jenks- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Justine won 2 matches, has 3-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.

If Amelie beats her, Amelie will be 1st.
-jenks- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM   #7
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
Are you sure? I thought she won both her matches by 1.5 sets to 0.5.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #8

Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
Yeah, thx, but it doesn't really matter, Maria has the better win/lost rec. anyway.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #9
country flag griffin
double-dog daredevil

griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibster View Post
yeah, it's very unfair. cos justine will not be guaranteed first place in the first place.

and also....mauresmo has a 1-1 record in matches, can finish 1st place in the group if she wins over justine. aw~~~~~ WTA is just so freaking unfair!
If Amelie beats Justine, they'll both have the same record - with the same record and a win over Justine, how is it a travesty of justice if that makes her first in her group?
griffin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jenks- View Post
If Amelie beats her, Amelie will be 1st.
Well, at least semis is guaranteed for Justine, while for Maria is not.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #11
country flag shibster

shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of shibster has much to be proud of

some people, must be able....to read better.....sarcasm......than some other literally erroneous statements
shibster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #12
country flag griffin
double-dog daredevil

griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute

Some people...must remember....posters can't...see your eyes...roll
griffin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #13
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Allez.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #14
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Don't you think it's a bit unfair?

Its not going to matter. I like MOMO...but...JUJU is just to good at the moment.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #15
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Justine won 2 matches, has 4-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.
No I think it's perfectly fair.

First of all - it's only a tiny theoretical Mathematical possibility that Maria won't make the semis. But come on - do you really think in practice there's the remotest possibility in practice. Too many ridiculously unlikely things have to happen. Secondly - even if the unbelievable happened and she didn't get through - I'd say that then she wouldn't then deserve to go through since she would have had to fold really badly in a one-sided 2-setter against Kuzy.

Actually I'm glad Maria is not 100% through yet and her match is before Kim vs Lena. She knows she needs to try harder than she did in her last round robin match last year to guarantee her place.
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote