YEC Did you know... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #1
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute
YEC Did you know...

Did you know, that for the Year-Ending Championships, the WTA Tour has the right to pick the 8th player ??? I read it in the official rules. Something along the lines of:

"The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour reserves the right to choose the 8th qualifier for the year-ending championships. If they waive this right, the 8th position on the race rankings will determine that player."

Have they ever picked the 8th one??? The only time i could EVER see doing it is if like, for example, a player won like 3/4 grand slams and lost 1st round at all the other events, and finished like 10th or something .
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:44 AM   #2
country flag Erika_Angel

Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute Erika_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC Did you know...

I think it is just incase a GS champ doesnt make the champs for some reason. I believe in the men's event that a GS gives automatic entry into the champs, no matter what your year ending rank is. Is that right?

0099 ... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
WTAWorld Survivor
~ Survivor Cambodia - The Ta Prohm Ruins ~
Jan-Apr 06

~ Survivor Aitutaki - The Blue Lagoon ~
Nov 06-Mar 07
Erika_Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:45 AM   #3
country flag PLP

PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Lindsay View Post
Did you know, that for the Year-Ending Championships, the WTA Tour has the right to pick the 8th player ??? I read it in the official rules. Something along the lines of:

"The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour reserves the right to choose the 8th qualifier for the year-ending championships. If they waive this right, the 8th position on the race rankings will determine that player."

Have they ever picked the 8th one??? The only time i could EVER see doing it is if like, for example, a player won like 3/4 grand slams and lost 1st round at all the other events, and finished like 10th or something .
Whoa...no, I don't think they have ever done this and I don't think it really could or should happen, there would be a huge uproar from the player that qualified and it could get really messy
PLP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #4
country flag Hingiswinsthis

Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of

well at this case, they have the perfect 8th player for this field :-) The Hingis, Williams sisters, and Capriati, and Davenport era brought a different feeling than the one Hingis is facing. The ironic thing is that Hingis is the only one left right now combating this new wave of players.
Hingiswinsthis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:47 AM   #5
country flag anlavalle

anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future

not exactly, the GS champ has to be in the top 20 at least
anlavalle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #6
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlavalle View Post
not exactly, the GS champ has to be in the top 20 at least
Not only that, they also have to have competed in a Wta event in the last 8 months
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #7
country flag PLP

PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingiswinsthis View Post
well at this case, they have the perfect 8th player for this field :-) The Hingis, Williams sisters, and Capriati, and Davenport era brought a different feeling than the one Hingis is facing. The ironic thing is that Hingis is the only one left right now combating this new wave of players.
Definitely!
Nobody a year ago could have predicted that Martina would be the one from this group to be at the 2006 YEC, challenging for a spot in the semis! Brilliant!!
PLP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #8
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute

Martina.

No one should underestimate her anymore. She'll be seriously challenging for the slams next year. Phenomenal effort, similar to how Clijsters elevated herself to effectively the number one player of the year last year.
tennisbear7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 06:48 AM   #9
country flag Kunal

Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute

im jus happy that martina is being very competetive...her first year has been a success
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #10
country flag klok

klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of klok has much to be proud of

Irrelevant if Martina makes the semis or not in the YEC, her first year back on the tour can only been seen as a success IMO. She isn't as dominant as she was before but can still be a legitimate chance for GS titles in the future.
klok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote