Is Sharapova now in the semis? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #1
country flag Sha_ra_po_va

Sha_ra_po_va has disabled reputation
Is Sharapova now in the semis?

Surely masha can't be caught now for the semis....even if kim won her next two matches, she'd lose by virtue of the fact that maria beat her in the RR, no?
Sha_ra_po_va is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #2
country flag die_wahrheit

die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is Sharapova now in the semis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha_ra_po_va View Post
Surely masha can't be caught now for the semis....even if kim won her next two matches, she'd lose by virtue of the fact that maria beat her in the RR, no?
No, she isn't

she loses against this other girl, Kusnezova, 06 06. Kusnezova loses against Clijsters 1-6 1-6, Clijsters wins against Dementieva 60 6-0.
Sharpova out of the tournament.
die_wahrheit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #3
country flag hu2891601

hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of hu2891601 has much to be proud of

I would say no.. if she loses to Kuzzy, and Kuzzy loses to Kim, and Kim wins both her matches against Kuzzy and Elena, then, we'll look at how many sets they each win and lose.... but I would say, 80% of the chance, Maria's in the semis.. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #4
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno but I hope her last match won't be a dead match... (with Masha alreaedy qualified of course but her opponent needs to win to make a bid in the semis... with Masha swiftly denying that request )
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #5
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I see it, she needs
a) a favorable turn of events (depends on other players)
OR
b) A set in her next match, cuz Kim lost in 2.
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #6
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by die_wahrheit View Post
No, she isn't

she loses against this other girl, Kusnezova, 06 06. Kusnezova loses against Clijsters 1-6 1-6, Clijsters wins against Dementieva 60 6-0.
that is a litle unreal dont you think
Nicolás89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #7
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is not sure to be in, it can end 2-1 wins 4-2 sets for all 3 and games won will be deciding the 2 Semis

Red group (Wins, Sets)

1. SHARAPOVA, Maria RUS 2-1, 4-2

2. KUZNETSOVA, Svetlana RUS 2-1, 4-2
-------------------------------------------------
3. CLIJSTERS, Kim BEL 2-1, 4-2

4. DEMENTIEVA, Elena RUS 0-3, 0-6

Rest Results

KUZ d. SHA 6-3, 6-3
KIM d. DEM 6-1, 6-1
KIM d. KUZ 6-2, 6-2

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #8
country flag ZeroSOFInfinity
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.

ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is virtually through... unless, out of the blue, she loses to Svetlana in 2, and then Kim Clijsters win all her remaining matches in 2...

... wait a minute, that means 3 players would have the same win-loss and also sets won/lost... how to pick a winner then???

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #9
country flag tennis-master83

tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice

Quote:
No, she isn't

If Maria wins one set with Kuznetsova she is in semis for sure. Where did you get this stupid remark?
tennis-master83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #10
country flag Nickitos2006

Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold Nickitos2006 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No, she isn't

So even then, why Sharapova is out? Why not Kusnetsova, why not Clijsters??? Don't be idiot... even if it happens then all 3 players would have the same win-loss record and the same sets won/lost record, and any of them can be out.
Nickitos2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #11
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute

Clijsters def. Kuznetsova 6-4 6-4
Clijsters def. Dementieva 6-3 6-3
Kuznetsova def. Sharapova 6-3 6-3 / 7-5 6-2

In that case Kuznetsova is +7 in games won/lost, Clijsters is +6 and Sharapova is +5, so Sharapova would be out.
She needs to win 8 games against Kuznetsova or a set, then she's through.

Of course, if Kim loses tomorrow it's a moot point.

Check all scenarios here: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=273181
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #12

tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice tennis-master83 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique View Post
Clijsters def. Kuznetsova 6-4 6-4
Clijsters def. Dementieva 6-3 6-3
Kuznetsova def. Sharapova 6-3 6-3 / 7-5 6-2

In that case Kuznetsova is +7 in games won/lost, Clijsters is +6 and Sharapova is +5, so Sharapova would be out.
She needs to win 8 games against Kuznetsova or a set, then she's through.

Of course, if Kim loses tomorrow it's a moot point.

Check all scenarios here: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=273181
you honestly believe she will lose in straight sets against kuznetsova?
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #13
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-master83 View Post
you honestly believe she will lose in straight sets against kuznetsova?
Yes. I am 100% convinced she will lose in straight sets against kuznetsova.

Actually, make that 110%.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique View Post
Yes. I am 100% convinced she will lose in straight sets against kuznetsova.

Actually, make that 110%.
Please convince me 120% with argumentspls!
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #15
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

if kim, sveta & maria all end up with 2-1 match win-loss & 4-2 set win-loss then it'll come down 2 games basically. as long as maria wins a set off sveta well she's through.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote