Serena Fans..!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM   #1
country flag -GenEz.Williams

-GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all -GenEz.Williams is a name known to all
Serena Fans..!!

just want to ask...which grip is serena williams using??
thank you..
-GenEz.Williams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM   #2
country flag urock34

urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Serena Fans..!!

i think western
urock34 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 09:27 PM   #3
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have to see Serena play in person to know for sure, but judging from the low, flat balls that usually come off her racquet (when she plays, that is), I would say she uses a Continental grip.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM   #4
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

I read a book called "Tennis Soup for the Soul" or something a the guy who wrote it trained Venus and Serena. He said tha Venus started out with a western but changed to a more Eastern grip like her sister, Serena.
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM   #5
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

It's generally a semi-western grip I thought

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM   #6
country flag vw.

vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute

Wilson Pro Overgrip White.

Lol, yeah, in terms of holding the racquet, eastern to about a semi western on the forehand.
vw. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #7
country flag urock34

urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold urock34 is a splendid one to behold

but i was watching a match i dont remember wen and wen serena missed a volley tracy austin was like serena really didnt get ready for that volley she was still in a western grip and hadnt switched over yet
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 03:26 AM   #8
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ continental and western
Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #9
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

she's as semi-western as they come.
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 03:47 AM   #10
country flag urock34

well i guess it just shows how mch the commentators no
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #11
country flag Paialii

Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of Paialii has much to be proud of

Actually, she varies between semi-western and western.

People I think confuse western thinking that it's like Amelie Mauresmo- Mauresmo uses a severe western, whereas someone like Serena uses a slight western grip, often times a semi-western. If you watch her trade forehands with someone, you'll see her use semi-western. For higher balls, she hits down on them creating more power by using a western grip; same goes for swinging volleys.

She uses a continental grip for her right hand on her backhand, her serve and her overheads. That's it. (Volleys are hit with a slight eastern grip).

Serena Williams
Martina Navratilova
Steffi Graf
Paialii is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote