Maureen Drake report!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2006, 03:18 PM   #1
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Maureen Drake report!!!

Wow! What a two days!! As you know, Maureen is my favorite player, and when I found out she was in Quebec City I was so excited! I didn't think she would be here because she was not on the entry list for Singles. I was hoping she would come and play Doubles but honestly I didn't think it would happen. Then I was at The Tournament on Saturday and Sunday and she was not there so I assumed she wasn't there.
Then Monday came around!!! I was hanging out with CD(Charlda) and he casually says oh by the way Maureen just held the door open for me. I was like What? You're joking? He was like no she's back there. I almost started crying I think, lol.
Then she appeared and I kind of freaked out and got shy but went up and asked for an autograph and talked to her for a while. I was too nervous to think of the things I wanted to ask her and tell her but was still happy to chat with her. She was very pleasant.
Then Tuesday came along, and I wasn't going to go to The Tournament that day but I saw she and Aleks were to play Doubles so I was like I'm going!!!Plus I told her the day before I would be there cheering for her.
What a match it was. It was exhilerating, agonising, exciting, stressful, it was a pure joy. It was back and forth the whole way, each game was very long. Maureen and Aleks were actually up 6-5, 40-15 in the first set but couldn't close it out. They then won 6-3 in the second, and the 3rd set was a classic, both teams had game points in every game, so many deuces. Mo and Aleks fought to 4-4 and were up 0-30 on Jidkovas serve but couldn't take it. They ended up losing the set 7-5. The match lasted more than 3 hours. It was incredible. The stands were packed on court 1. More people than I had ever seen on that court it was great.
Just wanted to share that as it was such an exciting match and moment for me!!

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2006, 03:22 PM   #2
country flag FLL

FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future
Re: Maureen Drake report!!!

That's awesome! Did she talk about her future?
FLL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 06:15 PM   #3
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute

Yup I think I saw a few tears in your eyes at that moment
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:33 AM   #4
country flag basset

basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all

i hope maureen plays for one more year
basset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM   #5
country flag basset

basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all

@Drake1980

many thanx for the report !!!!!!!!!!!1
basset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:10 AM   #6
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report.

Mo rocks, I saw her this year in Portoroz.

Camerin-Hlavačkova-Görges-Hradecka-Voracova
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote